šŸŽ­ Jove - 5* Holy / Yellow from Carnival of Gods

New Masked God Hero is released: Jove

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Jove, as well as your thoughts on Jove.

Jove

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Ranger
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 907 854 1516
4/90 1038 977 1734
Origin Family
Carnival of Gods Masked God
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Cleanse on Minion Death
This character is cleansed of status ailments when Minion owned by them is destroyed.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Strike from the Skies
  • Deaks 450 % damage to the target, and minor damage to all other enemies.
  • All enemies get -50% decrease for any boosted healing received for 3 turns.
  • All enemies get -75% less mana from Special Skills for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Masked God family:

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Family Bonus changes:
    • 1 family member: Minion gives 8% health and 8% attack instead of 8% attack and 13% health.
    • 2 family members: Minion attack is increased further with 7% attack instead of 27%.
  • Damage is decreased to 530% from 550%.
  • Healing decreased is reduced to 65% from 75%, and duration is reduced to 3 from 4.
  • Mana increase reductions ailment duration is reduced to 3 from 4.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 1 of Masked God Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v52]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Jove ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Jove.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Jove and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Jove worth summoning for?

• Would you use Jove on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Jove ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Jove as an opponent?

• Would you give Jove Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Joveā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Jove and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Jove, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Jove when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Jove, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Jove (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Jove), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Jove (post release)

:question: Is Jove worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Jove would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Joveā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Healing Debuffer
  • Mana Increase Reducer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Jove compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Joveā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Joveā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Joveā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Jove worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Jove is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Jove is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Jove worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Jove then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Players: You canā€™t keep releasing such insanely OP heroes!

SG: Hold our beersā€¦ How about heroes that start battles with a minion, and +27% attack, and immunity to all status ailmentsā€¦ all undispellable.

7 Likes

Or a hero who starts with full mana which special fills mana of all teammates.

3 Likes

:crossed_swords:842
:shield:793
:heart:1406

Hahaha doesnā€™t even needs emblems. Stats are so high that level 80 is enough :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

And you guys thought Anne is broken. This is a straight uprade to her, down to the element and class. That said heā€™s not that much of a upgrade to warrant his chasing.

1 Like

You mean 13% attack not 27%, I suppose.

This character summons a Mask Minion with 20% health and 13% attack inherited from the character.

What happened to their original passive in beta? They could change element/color?

Happy gaming

Yes, they could change element.
It was almost an instant win against any defense team with only these two new heroes at 4/80 without emblems in an attack team.

4 Likes

Thank you.
So by that, they were super OP, then good that is was changed.
Still a good idea against mono teams.

No. I meant heroes with 27%:

3 Likes

When they come out with heroes and family bonuses that make mockeries of precious nerfs they should reverse those nerfs. The Christmas families bonus related to their minions got nerfed big time then along comes the Masquerade Family less than a year later to make a mockery of the Christmas family bonus. Planned obsolescence is real

4 Likes

Ola galera,eu gostaria muito de ter um print desse heroi novo que sera lanƧado na black fried,se puderem me manda eu iria agradecer de mais.

Obrigado

Not sure what Iā€™m missing that everyone is freaking out about. Doesnā€™t seem very op to me. And arenā€™t there very little masquerade hereos?

4 Likes

I know right! This one is in serious need of a buff. If any match lasts more than 2ā€¦.maybe 3 turns. Trash, absolute :smirk:

2 Likes

Considering that we have literally only just had Tetisheri release relatively recently, and weā€™re seeing the jump now from 500% + minor to nearby, turn suddenly into 500% plus minor to all which changes the game once more. In fact, I think this is the first time weā€™re seeing this. Itā€™s also a lot less punishing if the tank is dead and youā€™re left with the two wings as youā€™re not losing damage to one.

Itā€™s worth noting though, that the heal debuff and mana reduction is cleansable, so, overall I can live with this heroā€¦ Though, I donā€™t agree with minor to all, and I would have left it as minor to nearby.

Itā€™s no Fortuna at least!!

1 Like

How is this possible that this hero doesnā€™t feel OP to you?

Heā€™s got the same damage as Winifried (Bard) who is at slow speed and has the chain condition. He just throws it at fast and doesnā€™t look back.

Winifried may have a bit better other part of the special, but Joves effects are also pretty powerful.

9 Likes

How can you compare a chain condition to a hit three, lol.?Should i compare Alucard to healers? This is just a hit three sniper with two extra affects that you need cleanse for. Not a gamechanger by any means. Fast speed makes him good, but not OP.

I swear this is the only place where people whine about improvement. New more powerful cell phone, thatā€™s great! More powerful graphics cardā€¦ awesome! Bigger TV with higher resolutionā€¦ what an innovation! New more powerful heroā€¦wah wah my life is obsolete!!

1 Like

Seriously? Did you even read and understand this heroes card? It hits all and effects all. Too busy insulting peoples concerns to understand what their concerns actually are

2 Likes

Itā€™s the family bonus. Put three of these on a team an those three all START the battle with minions, and indefinite +27% attack, and indefinite immunity to all ailments, canā€™t be dispelled.

Itā€™s just dumb, over the top, blatant PTW.

2 Likes

For the record, the ā€œminorā€ damage to all is a ā€œmeaslyā€ 275%.

275% damage to allā€¦as an afterthought on a fast special.

Yup.

7 Likes