🧪 Early information on the September 2022 HOTM -- Grace [Part of The Beta Beat V49]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the September 2022 HOTM, Grace

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Grace Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

:warning: These attiributes are after limit breaking at level 85

Power: 858

Attack: 814 (874 with emblems)
Defense: 825 (861 with emblems)
HP: 1556 (1782 with emblems)

Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Class: Druid
Family: Legends 2022

Innate Ability: Mana on Taunt
Each time an enemy receives a Taunt status effect this character’s mana is increased by 10% .

Innate Resistance: Resist Burn
Ths character has innate resistance against Burn.

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Mailson of the Wildlands

• Deals 285% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies cannot cast any new Taunt status effects for 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies immunity to new Fiends for 4 turns.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

11 Likes

285% to 3 is great for a HOTM
Comparisons:
Reuben does 215%
Devana and Elradir do 255% at average.
Glenda does 270% at average
Evelyn 210%
Drake 270%
Thoth 235% (may be wrong since last buff).

Mana gain on enemy taunt is nice, but a bit weird. I don’t need her special after an enemy has taunt already, espeically if taunt block only lasts 3 turns.
Resist burn seems like a common green HOTM passive. It almost feels like SG is trying to phase out DoT.

Taunt block for 3 turns is nice, but it’s gotta be 4 turns to match the 4 turn taunt enemies will have. Also, it’s so much less effective than a generic buff blocker.

-34% to target and nearby against special skills is neglible. Barely registers.

Elemental link is nice to add more fiend counters.

Overall I’ll view her as a fast 285% damage to 3 and not much more. That’s a solid ability for a HOTM, but straight damage might not be good enough.

Taunt blocking sounds nice, but can get pretty tricky with timing.

11 Likes

Can’t get excited for this one after some of the recent ones. Is all rather meh. Why care about blocking taunt, bring Mist or C Sabina and block all buffs instead

6 Likes

It looks like SG decided to make HotMs good again (except the blue slow one) starting from Kara. (Silvaria In my personal opinion)

Also I love the anti fiends elemental link.

5 Likes

Don’t think much of the DD against special skills only.

Why not DD for all damage ?

This September HOTM is such a stark contrast to the August HOTM.

Are they making August HOTM much better because of the incoming new seasonal event, Kalevala ?

2 Likes

We’ve just got taunt HOMT, so soon we’ll get anti-taunt HOTM

1 Like

for a hero of the month is not bad

Pair her with Iris and taunters are in a biiiig trouble… block taunt for 3 turns, def down to 3, then dispell everything for 3 turns. In 2023 +10% attack and fiend immunity on top of this. On fast mana, so a good chance to be faster than Krampus or BK.

1 Like

In my opinion another decent HOTM which is good QOL when they are often easily available…

Yeah, and block Taunt or 3 is a bit wasted since there are rarely 3 taunters, though double formations with two taunters up front are increasing in numbers.

I have Onyx, and against single Taunter he works better. But he is hard to get, though Mist and C-Sabina are more accessible variants. Especially Mist who also lowers def against Spec. S., but also slows mana generation.

1 Like

Might I make a suggestion @Petri

Keep her fast speed.

Have her do -25% def for special skills. -50 to all if an enemy has taught active, bypassing taunt.

Deal 180% damage to all. Dealing 300% to all, bypassing taunt.

Caster and nearby allies receive 10% mana.

Thoughts? Because as I see her now, she’s a poor man’s Quenelle and if people get her, sales for those chasing Quenelle will drop (and yes, there are people I know that are just after Quennelle).

Huh? Tell that to the hundreds of heroes who’ve been erased by my Mist/c Leonidas/Faline combo. There are a lot of ways to replicate that in green.

Kinda of… It’s not better than common defense down and way worse than elemental def down. It’s not useful in mythic or normal titans… won’t help you in tile damage in case you can’t charge specials… I’m also not totally bought by those SS def down myself.

1 Like

You’re suggesting a nerf because you’re afraid that SGG will make less money due to the fact that whales will quit chasing Quenell if they get her - they definitely won’t, by the way?

Can you please stop? Many of us peasants would be pretty pleased with a fast hit-3 hero. Thank you so much.

4 Likes

Of course I’d rather have DD or EDD. Just saying that DD vs special skills can be devastating and is far from negligible.

1 Like

Oh, I see. I’m pretty sure Ruskin505 meant that it’s pretty negligible on this hero specificaly, because blocking taunt is too niche so she deserved to do something better. Only if it was something like -44% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns or -34% for 4 turns.

I’ve tested her in beta myself and she’s just ok/average. Her passives aren’t impressive too.

2 Likes

People who own or want Quenell won’t give even 0 fuks about Grace, honestly. It’s even weird to compare them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree with @Ruskin505 's assessment that blocking taunt is kind of ridiculous when other heroes block all buffs.

The only thing I disagree with is that DD vs special skills is useless. I’m pretty sure that I could put together an effective team with her, Frigg and another fast hit-3 hero. If only I had Evelyn…

1 Like

Mist is easily the least important part of your Mist/C.Leo/Faline combo.
Even for Mist, I find the extra damage to be secondary to her other status effects. I feel similar for Glenda. Of course if you’re more using Mist to wipe 3, I can see how that works for you. I’ve never thought about this before, but Mist is the only Holy hit three hero I have.

All extra effects can be helpful. I just haven’t found extra damage to be super helpful.

I can see how a player with a more limited roster could use Grace in combo with say Elkanen to increase damage and healing at fast speed.

1 Like

You can try stacking with another General DD hero. The icons should be different. Should be stackable.

Say C Kiril for general DD.
Throw grace in for extra Dd against SS.

This way, tile damage is amplified some.
And SS damage is amplified more.

1 Like