⚖️ Erebus - 5* Fire / Red from Tower of Styx

New Styx hero is released: Erebus

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Erebus, as well as your thoughts on Erebus.

Erebus

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Wizard
ST
Styx
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 896 881 1638
4/90 1026 1008 1874
Origin Family
Tower of Styx Styx
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Resist Defense Ailments
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that affect defense. Applies also to status ailments that affect elemental defense.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dark Orb
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
    • Destroys all Minions from the target.
    • Deals 520% damage to the target.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 610% damage to the target.
    • The target can’t summon new Minions with Special Skill and receives 200 damage for each Minion they attempt to summon for 3 turns.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 675% damage to the target.
    • The target can’t summon new Minions with Special Skill and receives 200 damage for each Minion they attempt to summon for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Styx Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 40% / 60% / 80% chance to cast -30% mana generation to all enemies for 2 turns when this hero casts their Special Skill.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Nov 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

1x Mana Charge damage is increased to 470% from 440%.
2x Mana Charge damage is increased to 580% from 550%,
3x Mana Charge damage is increased to 645% from 615%.
The damage on summoning minions is increased to 150 from 100.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Tower of Styx Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Erebus ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Erebus.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Erebus and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Erebus worth summoning for?

• Would you use Erebus on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Erebus ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Erebus as an opponent?

• Would you give Erebus Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Erebus’s character design?

• If you Summoned Erebus and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Erebus, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Erebus when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Erebus, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Erebus (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Erebus), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Erebus (post release)

:question: Is Erebus worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Erebus would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Erebus’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minon Destroyer
  • Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Minion Immunizer (with damage dealing)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Erebus compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Erebus’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Erebus’s Base Stats?

Note this means Erebus’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Erebus worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Erebus is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Erebus is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Erebus worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Erebus then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Minion summoners really can’t get a break. Just when they could craft out a niche, these kind of heroes exist…

This guy is just boring. I mean he’s great sniper, 440% at 6 tiles is nasty at his attack, but the minion destroying and minion summon blocking is kinda niche and he does it only for single target. So first charge will be really useful, but anything above is just waste of time (and mana).

Also, why Fire hero :fire: summons a Dark orb :new_moon: ?

9 Likes

Actually I see him as a more strategic sniper. If you don’t need his snipe at his first charge, you just have to wait in order to get a more powerful hit and maybe one shot one target.

Easily the worst 5* we had in a while.

6 Likes

beautiful artworks aaaaaaaawww

6 Likes

why? she is great i would be happy to get. her

This guy could be quite good, but not on my top list for the portal.
Hitting only one seems a bit low when you are a charging hero.
However, he will completely destroy irritating opponents like C. Freya, Hulda etc. , and the charging makes him a more strategic hero with more flexibility. 645% + 450 hp damage on attempted summon equals certain death.

So a one-shot killer, which is nice.

I think great on offense, but you will not see this guy on many defences

4 Likes

It’s him :slight_smile:
Erebus was the brother of Gaea (earth), Tartarus (underworld), Eros (love), and Nyx (night). From the union of Erebus and Nyx, various children were produced, including Aether, Hemera (day), Hypnos (sleep), the Moirai (the Fates), Geras (old age) and Thanatos (death).
Source: https://www.greekmythology.com/Other_Gods/Erebus/erebus.html

I just got him, and I agree with @Nightmare2048 that he may look boring, but also agree with @Yarthan that he may be a great sniper you can easily utilize against opponents like LoTL, Wo3K family, Hulda. I’m short of blades and tomes but he is definitely my top priority for Fire element now.

4 Likes

@PlayForFun looks like this hero’s special has been buffed upon released.

• 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 470% damage to the target.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 580% damage to the target.
    • The target can’t summon new Minions with Special Skill and receives 150 damage for each Minion they attempt to summon for 3 turns.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 645% damage to the target.
    • The target can’t summon new Minions with Special Skill and receives 150 damage for each Minion they attempt to summon for 4 turns.
2 Likes

This hero is far from the worse as she at least has some utility. If this is the worse hero, then klaern must be rolling in his grave

3 Likes

Thx, I have updated the OP.

2 Likes

@PlayForFun I notice the emoji for this is the gargoyle’s emoji. Maybe change it?

1 Like

I was waited for Staff to include their desired emoji in the announcement.
I have updated the emoji for the new 5 stars.
I will update the rest, when I have reviewed the descriptions for other heroes.

2 Likes

He’s definitely not a bad hero, but his role is more instant killer similar to Quintin (but specific to minion summoners). For example, if you activate 2nd charge to an enemy that summons minions to all, that’s 580% damage and 750 additional damage (150 x 5) which would be hard to survive. His only flaw is I don’t see much use for the 3rd charge, when most of the time the 2nd charge will finish them off?

2 Likes

Even her first charge is good. I mean charge 1 is equivalent to very fast speed. That’s a v fast snipe like Kage without the drawback. Charge 3 is the most useless one imo. Anyways won’t be pulling, no Charon, no pulls for Styx this month

2 Likes

His first charge.
Is a male…

5 Likes

Haha yes. @Tidyup don’t be fooled by the beautiful red fabric and couture fashion, it’s definitely a man hiding underneath it :rofl:

3 Likes

But he’s wearing a skirt?

1 Like