⚖️ Arges - 4* Dark / Purple from Tower of Styx

New Styx hero is released: Arges

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Arges, as well as your thoughts on Arges.

Arges

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Wizard
ST
Styx
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 720 692 1475
4/80 835 803 1710
Origin Family
Tower of Styx Styx
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Resist Defense Ailments
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that affect defense. Applies also to status ailments that affect elemental defense.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Potion Cocktail
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 165% damages to the target and nearby enemies.
    • The caster and nearby allies get +30% attack for 3 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 215% damages to the target and nearby enemies.
    • The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense for 3 turns.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 365% damages to the target and nearby enemies.
    • The caster and nearby allies get +50% attack for 4 turns.
    • The target and nearby enemies get -44% defense for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Styx Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 40% / 60% / 80% chance to cast -30% mana generation to all enemies for 2 turns when this hero casts their Special Skill…

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Nov 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Arges from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Tower of Styx Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Arges ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Arges.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Arges and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Arges worth summoning for?

• Would you use Arges on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Arges ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Arges as an opponent?

• Would you give Arges Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Arges’s character design?

• If you Summoned Arges and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Arges, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Arges when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Arges, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Arges (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Arges), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Arges (post release)

:question: Is Arges worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Arges would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Arges’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attack Buffer
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Arges compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Arges’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Arges’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Arges worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Arges is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Arges is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Arges worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Arges then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

Lately C-Tibs is making me angry by dying too fast against 13* titans, so if I land this guy I will power level him and he replaces C-Tibs. His 2nd charge takes 9 tiles which is C-Tibs with mana troop. Have even 2.5k of Wizardry emblems so why not.

I can see the attack up and the defense down in combo being very useful on titans. Can do the job of two heroes with mana potions to quickly charge and fire, allowing more versatility and stacking of attack power for those with limited rosters.

2 Likes

I have Ametrine fully embeled and LB and I will pair both of them and destroy everything :))

4 Likes

The passive and family bonus is now adjusted in the OP after the 2022 November Balance update

So, he is the 4-star Nyx with 3 targets. I got him along with Nyx. He will get in line for feeders after the current project. Ametrine will love his company in tournaments and events.

3 Likes

I pulled this guy today, i think he is my first Styx hero. I will max him and I was saving my wizard emblems for Loki but I need a tome of tactics, so will use my emblems for this guy until I can max Loki.
Is this guy still good and worth using?

1 Like

The 3rd charge is good, else it is just ok. I thought of pairing him with Nyx as they charge together, but it has been just ok.

1 Like

I rushed him for the last contest of elements just to make up numbers and have enjoyed using him since.

1 Like

Notyou87, yes, he is. He has been my go-to purple 4* since i got him straight after his release. Dont see it changing any time soon.

1 Like

Arges is a nice sub for Tiburtus. He had served me well but this guy is a nice upgrade . They will pair well in future events as well. Decent hero since leveling him .

1 Like

Absolutely. I finally reduced my time counter for events due to this guy. His effect isn’t last longing but if you choose the right time you can decimate the enemy team in a single turn

This hero is not needed for titans only SharKai… among 4*

a miserable waist of tokens
For EDD C Ursena is better

Arges does generic defense down. Which if you don’t have a better option, by all means use him.

What are you even talking about?

He would do well with Koda, they’d charge together and he would apply an attack buff, and later dd

A 4* version of Nyx, what’s not to like about this guy.