Empires & Puzzles - Hero Utility (Bringing it All together for you)

Hi M!!!

So talk about the Spirit of the Universe giving me something to laugh about!

I responded to this/you almost 12 hours ago…

And the response I got from the Forum was in essence the SAME ERROR MESSAGE you got from the Hero Utility! LOL LOL LOL. Yes they are different, however the context for WHY is the same!

This is going to be an extended response because a lot of people need to know about this issue - it’s not the Hero Utility… if your limited on time or have no desire to be involved in my tech talk - just do what was highlighted in purple in my original response above (if it doesn’t work come back to this)…

RaZoR's Preamble Rant

Our society has gotten so lazy to achieve 'ease of use' they have sold their SOULS to Apple or Google. The Microsoft haters of the world who went rogue with Linux/Red Hat to show the Man (MS) they meant business... I bet you they have installed something off App Store or Google Play - and purchased something there, saved some passwords to avoid logging in over and over, etc (and the list goes on ad infinitum)... Apple or Google knows and has access to everything digital you/we own! Oh, and I sold mine to Google. They know everything about me and love to CAPTCHA the heck out of me (yeah they own that too) - to perform their AI on me because web developers often clear their cache entirely (many times daily - if adding in new content yet the name references to that content don't change - because cache keeps loading up the same crap you just replaced) - I never pass the "I'm not a Robot" because they can't extract enough cookies and browser history on me like the average Joe. Yeah you gave them the right to your information by installing their browser (what is crApples browser called again? oh yeah "You are being sent on a Safari") Oh what's my point? I best get to that, the above might have helped - my original response via email to the Forum that got rejected...

EASY FIX

If you saved a link to the Hero Utility on a results page (i.e. Perhaps you put in your main Snipers team and added it to bookmarks) - it will NEVER work and you will always get this error - which as it indicates kind of, you didn't come in the front door. If not, no problem the next one is the big one.

A LITTLE MORE WORK FIX

If you are accessing the Hero Utility on your Phone (Again the H.U. was developed to be used on a PC while you were playing E&P - yet also is SmartPhone friendly as I could make it given time constraints) I bet whatever Slimmed down Browser you use, I'm going to go out on a limb: you're in the habit of having a LOT of windows open within that Browser instance? Heck I've had up to 30 windows open in my browser and had no idea (well, I just didn't take the time to close them more than likely)! Some people have MANY more than that open wonder why their phone :iphone: keeps slowing down on a regular basis? :thinking: Well, that there would be the problem... _The Hero Utility isn't just a web site - it's an application_ that runs within a browser - and it manages state through sessions. Sessions timeout to release server resources dedicated to state management, in this case if you have the Hero Utility open for an hour it will timeout and you will receive this message (I will look into extending it - my host just doesn't provide me a direct route to adjust myself beyond what is standard). **So if you have EVER accessed the Hero Utility in the PAST your session for that instance of your Browser has timed out!**

Sessions are tied to the instance of your browser not the tabbed window(s) within it - and there is only 1 instance of a Browser available on a nearly all smart phones.

Where as on a PC you could have Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opra, and Microsoft Edge (just the majors named here) all opened running the same Web application and they all run sessions and state independently . What you did with the Hero Utility in Firefox, has nothing to do with what you did with it in Chrome.

So back to my opening - before cell phones were turned into a mini mobile computer - people could easily see on their PC how many instances of a browser they had open as well the number of windows tied to that instance. And because it was very easy for others to look over the shoulder - people kept their browser areas clean - they closed down windows that weren’t being used as well the multiple instances of browsers they had lying open everywhere… NOT SO WITH THE PHONE. Thus why I get so many people saying they can’t access the H.U. or login to the Members Area.

You have to close EVERY SINGLE WINDOW within your browser to “RE-BOOT” it! You might be saying, screw that - I’m not taking the time to do that LOL, and you know I get it! We are made lazy with ‘opting in’ to save time and we don’t want to clean up our browser trousers, no way :sunglasses: . Well hopefully knowing this you will find it worth your time to clean browser house to use the Hero Utility.

THE UNKNOWN RIGHT NOW FIX

Now if the above doesn't work - then I will be more than happy to further troubleshoot with you if your willing to see if I can fix what may be occuring using whatever browser and version of that browser you might be using that isn't agreeable with my app.

In Closing...

OK! Wow. That was a bit more than I sat down to write - hope all is well with you and whoever may be reading this! If you got this far... OVER and OUT.

RaZ

1 Like

I did more tests with my phone this morning

Direct link (a add a link on my phone interface) : ok
Link via Titan-Mafia : ok
I had just a problem when i use link EP forum

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this!
Could you please explain what the multiple letters mean? I checked the “about” but could not find this information. Thanks

1 Like

Absolutely @JackSavage!

If you are using a PC or a Droid Smartphone, hovering over the set of grades will reveal their short descriptions.

At the lower left of the Hero Utility results page, there are a set of links* (you will need to zoom in). Click the [GRADING SCALE] link.

Each valuation section is defined. The first section is Grades.
Click the ‘Anchor’s Complete Guide to Hero Grades’ link.
This will take you to the source definitions for the grades.

RaZ

* you will also see a [LATEST REPORT] link - this gives you access to raw data tables that are not visibly provided on the TitanMafia Reporting Site (though links are present to them) - they were intended to be an extension of the Hero Utility itself.

2 Likes

Outstanding! Thank you very much for your time!

1 Like

The Period in Review: Dec 28 - Jan 6th

@JackSavage @Mariamne @Starryeyedgryph @Rigs @Jedon @Rook @SWEG @AngkorKhmer @Decorum @GERATH

9 Likes

Great job brother , checking already with smile :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Razor :slight_smile:

20 whatever

1 Like

Thanks Razor for your effort.

1 Like

Thanks @Razor! Had a great chat with you and @Jedon. And Jedon, i was just gonna ask if you were smoking hookah while drinking your coffee :wink:

2 Likes

Yup, we call it Shisha in Arabic xD

2 Likes

Yay. Kashrek made ONE cumulative appearance in the Hero Utility. :blush:

3 Likes

@Rook is also part of the Kashrek gang :wink:

2 Likes

I have 4…I want 5!

5 Likes

@AirHawk - you were entirely responsible for that!
Kash - you made him proud! It is becoming exceedingly rare that EPIC’s show up regularly as they did just a month ago…

Touche! :skull:

RaZoR

p.s. GET THE 5TH @Rook - The ALL GREEN TEAM! :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

love it… this is nice…t.y for making this cool app…

1 Like

@Razor you’re definitely MVP! Love your work! +I can’t wait for the next poll too!! :blue_heart:

1 Like

I’m back…

ALL 4 ONE and ONE 4 ALL

Yes E&PEEP’s. I’m back from a short break.

You MEMBERS of the TM Users Group there will be a CHAT event discussion Mid February to finalize V4 of the Hero Utility. Those of you with in-depth knowledge and experience with Classes and Talent’s will be highly desired participants.

I will announce that CHAT event here.

As well I will be updating things over the next few days left undone as well responding to all your email requests and/or suggestions and/or issues. Do take part in the new Chat application and discuss Classes and Talent’s with your Peers anytime - available in the Members Lobby…

Hero Utility V4 release March 2019 Date TBD

RaZoR-sIgNaTuRe

@Rook @Kerridoc @MrsBCW @MrB @SpunkRat @darkangel5531 @Kamikaze_Assassin @Rilf @AirHawk @CheTranqui

6 Likes

@AngkorKhmer I pulled ahead of you on the Trophies and @MrsBCW is coming up quickly - you best start RAIDING my friend. @Calibred is actually in the No.1 position if we exclude Trophy Counts from back in 2017! Get to work my friend!

Little_Razor_Logo_Signature

2 Likes

I will be on CHAT this evening at 9p per the CHAT clock - informal. Looking forward to discussing Classes and Talents! This truly makes this a RPG simulation as originally intended. Very excited about it and know NOTHING about it yet - so plan on studying what @Kamikaze_Assassin and @Rilf have put together if I can manage between now and then. @Slingbow @Rigs @MrsBCW @MrB @Jedon - you guys tend to be regulars so hope to see you then. @Starryeyedgryph

5 Likes