🧪 Early information on the August 2024 HOTM -- Sir Casmir [Part of The Beta Beat V67]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the August 2024 HOTM, Sir Casmir

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Sir Casmir Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Fancy name: The Vagabond Guardian

Power: 983

Attack: 964
Defense: 1035
HP: 1672

Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Class: Paladin
Family: Legends 2024
Aether Power: Knight’s Endurance

Innate Resistance: Resist Mana Generation Ailments
This character has innate resistance against ailments and negative stacks that affect mana generation. Doesn’t apply to status ailments that stop mana generation or steal mana.

Innate Ability: Mana on Health Recovery
This character receives 5% mana each time its health is recovered.

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Guardian’s Retaliation

• Cleanses status ailments from the caster and nearby allies.
  • For the next 5 turns, this character has a 50% chance to deal 600% damage to a random enemy after an enemy casts their Special Skill. (Each enemy can trigger this effect once per turn.)
  • The caster and nearby allies get +27% defense, and a further 5% increase per each Dark shield on the board for 5 turns, up to +67% defense.
  • The caster and nearby allies reflect status ailments and negative stacks for 5 turns. (Status effects cast by characters, Minions and Fiends on the same side cannot be reflected.)
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +5% dodge chance for 6 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master beta-beat thread:

6 Likes

Thanks PFF for your hard work!!
At first I thought he is August (Holy → Blue → Dark), but i would prefer if he is in July

1 Like

Wait you are right, the blue is for July, and this hero for August.

2 Likes

Interesting tank. Though since his buff can be cleansed, I don’t think he’ll be that efficient, plus there is a ton of good slow purple tanks.

Not tank material, but is a great flank. Plus he has knight’s endurance as a 2LB. He feels like a CF hero as well. If his DU is AOE, definitely a CF hero

Another recycled design from Puzzle Combat. He probably does fit better in EP than PC though. I never understood the design in PC with a knight holding a rifle.

If anyone is curious about the PC design, check out the January 2022 calendar here: Puzzle Combat Resources

1 Like