🧪 Early information on the August 2021 HOTM -- Chakkoszrot

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the August 2021 HOTM, Chakkoszrot.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Chakkoszrot Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Gender: Male (Guessing… basically a lizard priest kinda thing…)
Power: 793

Attack: 745
Defense: 780
HP: 1355

Element: Dark :new_moon: (Purple)

Class: Druid

Innate Resistance: Resist Direct Mana Reduction
This hero has an innate reistance against direct Mana Reduction

Innate Ability: Mana Buff per Status Ailment
This hero receives the following status effect when they recieve a status ailment:
“The caster gets +24% mana generation for 3 turns.”

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Stalling Spell

• Deals 220% 235% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies with dispellable mana generation buff get -34% -54% mana generation for 3 4 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.
  • All enemies are immune to new buffs for 3 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives +10% increase for any healing received for all Dark allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

🧪 The Beta Beat (V37, V38 & V39) – Advanced Hero Levelling, Future S4 Heroes, Hero Balances, Future HotM's, Non-S1 Costumes, Starfall Circus Heroes + Event -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

6 Likes

Haha wow—seems way too strong. We all know what will happen :wink:.

Looks like an anti-Odin hero.

4 Likes

Slow and damage all so my mind goes to a Quintus comparison. I like making enemies immune to new buffs and would rather have 235% damage and making enemies immune to buffs rather than 270% damage.
The mana flip is interesting. Odin comes to mind (as Mr Spock mentioned). I also wonder if this hero will be marketed as an anti Sif hero.

A solid hero for very fast wars.

I’m not loving this elemental link. I’ve considered the 4% heal to be the top ones for a while now (elemental defense and mana gain are the two that come to mind as competitors). If a normal healer does ~40% health, this elemental link will add 4% more (unless the math boosts 40% to 50%). But the 4% heal for 6 turns gets that same 4% in one turn and doesn’t rely on a different hero to provide the heal.

6 Likes

I hate this hero’s mana speed, the Element Link, and most especially, the name. Where the heck did Small Giant get this name.

7 Likes

I can recommend some far better fantasy name generators if they’re that desperate.

2 Likes

@Ultra I googled the name and no info about the name at all.

1 Like

I keep imagining Vegeta saying “Kakarot!”

10 Likes

He also throws immunity to new buffs to all which worries me in combination of uncleansable mana debuff from balance standpoint.
Such strong ailment shouldnt be thrown around that easy in my opinion.

Villan heroes reduce buffs by 1 turn in comparison and its a premium portal.

I would suggest rather ability, that all buffs are reduced in power by 50%.

And that mana generation, if uncleansable should be 24% mana regen debuff, or 34% mana debuff but cleansable, but certanly not 54% uncleansable.

So my suggestion in the end is :

Deals 235% damage to all enemies
All enemies with dispellable mana generation buff get -24% mana generation for 4 turns.
This effect cant be cleansed.
All enemies buffs are reduced in power by 50% for 4 turns

• Element Link gives +10% increase for any healing received for all Dark allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Very fast 5 star tourney with no yellow I might sit out to keep my sanity.

6 Likes

Why is Frigg fast and this hero slow? Is there any ungreedy logic?

3 Likes

Frigg is far more difficult to get than a current HOTM, it’s surely why.

1 Like

What’s it gonna stall at that speed?

Don’t see much use outside of very fast tournaments/wars, and Alfrike already ruined those.

5 Likes

This hero pretty much goes to Average mana when an enemy fires any ailment so … hmmm.

Decent-ish AOE damage, but we’ve been spoiled by some gonzo AoE hitters of late and a …… niche mana slow aimed at all the recent HotM with the various mana boosting elemental links.

Feels like all the decentish heroes (aka HotMs) are being thrown into a mud pit to fight it out for the amusement of the elite paywalled heroes.
Just the feeling, reality disagrees because some paywall heroes are caught in this too: Sif, Isrod, Toxi, Ariel… :man_shrugging:.

At least it is a consistent pattern of creating a mechanic and then creating the counter. Logical but having a hard time getting excited about it.

1 Like

It’s a very strong tank even outside of VF wars and even at the original version.

Average speed would make way way too OP.

1 Like

I don’t see Chakkoszrot becoming a strong tank. I would make the comparison to Malicna. Chakkoszrot has slightly better tank stats, but if the attacker doesn’t bring buffers then it’s just a low damage all tank. I’d rather use Malicna and hit the enemy with some minor status effects rather than just deter heroes like Odin.

I don’t have the best heroes, but I could easily bring Jackal, Mist, Joon, Lady Woolerton (if I had her), and Leo to take on this tank.

In very fast wars, the buff prevention becomes a much larger obstacle to overcome.

Looking at the leaderboards tells the opposite. Frigg is busted and HOTM sucks so be it. What matters is money, not the game anyways. No developer of the game cares about game balance anyways. Well on to the next game who cares about the players needs. cheers

3 Likes

I kept asking myself the same question. At first I thought maybe this is a real folklore character from some culture? But when I Googled it I found nothing. So I am pretty sure now that SG just made it up.

1 Like

Is he Isshtak and Kashhrek’s grand elder? They all have difficult-to-spell names. Haha :lizard:

3 Likes

Someone in the office tried to hold a sneeze in… one of the devs heard it and used the noise they made as a character name!

6 Likes

Sounds like a hero that got kicked out from Starfall Circus for being too weak.

+10% healing as element link? Healing % to be useful needs to be at least 30%. Otherwise it is just something written there.

1 Like