🧪 Early information on the August 2023 HOTM -- Ithar [Part of The Beta Beat V59]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the August 2023 HOTM, Ithar

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Ithar Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Fancy name: Virtuous Cat Burglar

Power: 825

Attack: 865
Defense: 741
HP: 1359

Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Class: Rogue
Family: Legends 2023
Aether Power: Attack Up

Innate Ability: Dodge Special Damage
This character has a 10% chance to dodge Special skills that deal damage.

Innate Resistance: Resist Status Ailments From Minions
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that are from Minions.

Mana Speed: Very Fast
Special Skill: Stupendous Break In

• Steals all dispellable buffs from the target and randomly distributes them on allies.
  • Steals 35% mana from the target and distributes it to allies.
  • All allies get +30% attack for 2 turns.
  • Element Link gives +10% mana generation for all Holy allies for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

6 Likes

Mm delightful anti-Furdinand hero. Would like one!

3 Likes

gives nature allies mana gen % ^ but is holy. seems like a mistake @PlayForFun

this is new? or i’m forgotfull?
What does it mean?

1 Like

@maryij
This is what you can read when you click on the magnifier glass.

Thx, fixed.

1 Like

oh thanks, i don’t remember seeing it mentioned till now :smile:

so when I fight her, I’ll be yelling in my mind “I hate you, crazy cat lady!”

5 Likes

ooohoho, this one sounds VERY fun!

This seem like a 4* hero compared to the heroes which are released these days…

5 Likes

711 total TP, closer to a 4* than anything being released. It has to be a mistake

This hero is not usefull for PvE, and the worst case she just do buff atk allies when deal with hero that has no mana no buff.

Staff has messed up the stats.
Once they sort it out I will update the topic.

3 Likes

Staff has fixed the hero stats.
The OP is updated with the good numbers.

4 Likes

Does the innate Dodge stack with dodge skills from heroes like Hanitra ane Costume Kad?

2 Likes

it’s a passive, not a status, so it should be independent. But it will not sum up, she just will try to dodge twice (or even 3 times, as she has a rogue talent).

1 Like

They keep making the holy hotm support.

2 Likes

Feel she should add with some kind of damage
or
attack +44% to Holy and 30% to other allies.

3 Likes

I would love this one. Very fast and very useful

1 Like

So instead of nerfing Ludwig SGG decided to release Ludwig (and any other taunter) counter. Would like to get him just because of prevalence of LB2 taunters lately.

2 Likes

Don’t understand her stats. She is just a support without doing any damage on her skill, yet her atk stat is like high and def is like down to hill

2 Likes