🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Astral Elves Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v65]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on Round 2 of Astral Elves heroes

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Astral Elves Heroes

*There are a total of six (6) new heroes added to Beta for testing.

*The names of the new heroes are:

• Legendary: Dreadstar, Hammerclang, Lemonwood, Moonflower
  • Epic: Lionstring
  • Rare: Starswift

Astral Elves Family:

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 70% chance to dispel a random dispellable effect buff from an enemy who deals Special Skilll damage to this character.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Dreadstar - Queen of the Astral Elves
  • Hammerclang - Astral Elf Blacksmith
  • Lemonwood - Astral Elf Marksman
  • Moonflower - Astral Elf Botanist

Dreadstar -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Dreadstar – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 1012

Attack: 1015
Defense: 1056
HP: 1689

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Astral Elf
Aether Power: Attack Up

Passive: Resist Blind
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that affect accuracy. Doesn’t apply to status effects from allies.

Passive: Share Received Damage
20% of damage received by this charater is shared with other allies.

Special Skill: Astral Dominion

• Deals 340% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -30% mana generation for 4 turns.
  • All enemies get -100% decrease of any healing received for 4 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

Hammerclang -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Hammerclang – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 1013

Attack: 1027
Defense: 1052
HP: 1678

Class: Rogue
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Aether Power: Defense Up

This character has innate resistance against status ailments that affect accuracy. Doesn’t apply to status effects from allies.

Special Skill: Celestial Anvil

• Deals 495% damage to the target
  • All damage the target receives is increased by +55% for 3 turns.
  • All allies get +55% attack for 3 turns.

Lemonwood -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Lemonwood – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 1013

Attack: 1042
Defense: 1036
HP: 1668

Class: Ranger
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Fast
Aether Power: Dodge

Special Skill: Wandering Star Shot

• Deals 275% damage to the target
  • Reduces the mana of the target by -20%.
  • If the target has more than 50% mana after mana reduction, the Special Skill repeats targeting a random enemy. The damage is reduced on each consecutive hit.

Moonflower -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Moonflower – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 1011

Attack: 994
Defense: 1067
HP: 1713

Class: Druid
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Fast
Aether Power: Fiend Resist

Special Skill: Leafglow Bloom

• After an enemy casts their Special Skill during the next turn, this character deals 235% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies get +34% mana generation for 3 turns.

4 :star: – Epic Heroes

• Lionstring - Astral Elf Dressmaker

Lionstring -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Lionstring – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 693

Attack: 682
Defense: 684
HP: 1275

Class: Wizard
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Very Fast
Aether Power: Dodge

Special Skill: Cloth of Constellations

• Deal 245% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The caster steals 50% of any healing applied to the target and nearby enemies in 2 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +50% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 2 turns.

3 :star: – Rare Heroes

• Starswift - Astral Elf Youth

Starswift -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Starswift – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Rare/3*
Power: 489

Attack: 519
Defense: 477
HP: 783

Class: Fighter
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Aether Power: Attack Up

Special Skill: Starplay

• Deal 265% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby allies get +20% mana generation for 3 turns.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• February 8, 2023 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

1 Like

Looks like Moonflower is Hippo with current Stats :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@PlayForFun is it supposed to say enemies or allies (moonflower)

1 Like

Oh, looks like a bit different Hippo if it is really “enemy” :sweat_smile: My bad

1 Like

I was in a battle with two enemies left. Both had more than 50% mana. The target used cleric talent to resist the hit. The second target was then hit. And then back to the first target.

I don’t have an easy way to test this, but does this mean seshat (resists mana cut) would face infinite hits until death? Or is it only hit one, then hit someone else, and keep repeating that pattern until they’re all dead? So a five seshat team with >50% mana could get killed from one special?

3 Likes

Am I reading Starswift’s special right? Should that say “caster and nearby allies get 20% mana generation”?

1 Like

This definitely sounds more buggy (or like at least like an unexpected loop hole in the design) than anything else. Having this part “Each enemy can only be hit once.” like in Finley’s SS for example would make it a lot more inline with other random-target chain special skills we already have in the game.

Would you mind to ask if this is really intended @PlayForFun?

1 Like

One of these on Dreadstar’s getting nerfed. Triton’s still the only hero that increases healing received, but I’m not seeing ALL enemies unable to heal for 4 turns staying like that. -50%, at best. Or number of affected enemies gets shifted to 3 and at -80%, like Sargasso.

Otherwise, this reads more like a slow skill.

More like reverse hippo

1 Like

Moonflower to me is very strong. She prevents continuous attacks from the enemies and when timed right, can pretty much make the enemy self destruct by themselves. She can be used to potentially punish fast speed teams
Problem with moonflower is she doesn’t have dispel protection, as a dispel can pretty much render her useless in an instant

2 Likes

Yes and now there are quite some of stealers. I assume even Ithar can steal her buff without much difficulty. Btw, i cannot see how many turns her buff will be active, and from text, it seems like only 1 turn?

Nearby enemies or allies? Unconventional synergy with gladius?

I think I still prefer Hippo though so I can control when all of the specials get fired, versus needing to rely on enemies firing their special. Still a great hero though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

She is better made for offence as long as she doesn’t die. There will be times where enemies may fire more than once. Of course she is a gem to use against any buffer team. On defence, I think she can be used to punish mono teams

This is written as enemy and enemies and not ally or allies here:
So it is correct.

1 Like

Just seems to be a one-turn special that requires you to get slapped around first before doing anything useful.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s how it works… not really an interesting hero in my opinion, but we will see…

1 Like

From how it’s worded, everytime an enemy fires. So if you have 3 enemies ready to fire, she will hit three times in the same turn. Timing is very important for her, as I think she can strategically kill off other enemies when they fire. Against Ludwig she can profit off from this quite well as long as she doesn’t die

I like the purple Dreadstar…even like her down to the artwork on this one.

2 Likes