🧝 Dreadstar – 5* Dark / Purple from Astral Elves

New Astral Elf hero is released: Dreadstar

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Dreadstar, as well as your thoughts on Dreadstar.

Dreadstar

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1094 1143 1820
4/90 1252 1308 2082
Origin Family
Plane of Astral Elves Astral Elves
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Resist Poison
This character has innate resistance against Poison.
:hourglass: Ability: Share Received Damage
20% of damage received by this charater is shared with other allies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Astral Dominion
  • This Special Skill never misses its targets.
  • Deals 340% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -35% mana generation for 4 turns.
  • All enemies get -85% decrease of any healing received for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Astral Elf Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Astral Elf Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

50% / 70% chance to dispel a random dispellable effect buff from an enemy who deals Special Skilll damage to this character.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Apr 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Healing decreased is reduced from -100% to -74%, and it is no longer uncleasable.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Round 2 of Astral Elves Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v65]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Dreadstar ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Dreadstar.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Dreadstar and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Dreadstar worth summoning for?

• Would you use Dreadstar on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Dreadstar ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Dreadstar as an opponent?

• Would you give Dreadstar Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Dreadstar’s character design?

• If you Summoned Dreadstar and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Dreadstar, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Dreadstar when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Dreadstar, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Dreadstar (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Dreadstar), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Dreadstar (post release)

:question: Is Dreadstar worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Dreadstar would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Dreadstar’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Generation Debuffer
  • Healing Debuffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Dreadstar compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Dreadstar’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Dreadstar’s Base Stats?

Note this means Dreadstar’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Dreadstar worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Dreadstar is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Dreadstar is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Dreadstar worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Dreadstar then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Sadly, the -100% healing (uncleansable) turned into -74% healing (cleansable). This has a huge impact and imo turned this hero from A+ to B+.

Most healers cleanse, either before or after healing. In the case they cleanse before healing, the -healing is worthless. If they cleanse afterwards, it affected 1 heal.

Besides, more and more heroes reflect ailments that can be cleansed. So it also sets Dreadstar up to affect allies. I think even an uncleansable -50% would have been a more fitting change.

Overall, it’s a strong hero, but quite bland in what they do.

5 Likes

Agreed they nerf’d the “queen” into the ground.

B hero now. B+ is a stretch. Won’t be on any of the top 50 defenses consistently if at all. Big shame. She’ll sit at 1.1 until they revisit her.

4 Likes

The OP is adjusted the with the change.
Polls are enabled.

Got these wo totgether but gonna wait some feedback before i start to level them.

2 Likes

Very clearly an A or S tier hero.

Her whole selling point was removed. I was so excited to get her but then saw the nerf. Good hero, just not as amazing as before.

5 Likes

She is B+ as best. Basically average speed 340% to all with good stats. Good luck trying to get her heal reduction or mana reduction to stick at or even 1 turn.

2 Likes

I got the same pair
 wondering if i should level them up as well.

Why does Perseus get uncleasable -100% to enemy healing while a featured elf from a brand new portal is going to get a cleansable -74%? Prob a skip and just wait for goblins again instead v0v

5 Likes

10000% agree. Dumb nerf. He’s trash now give me Pers all day over “queen of the elves”

2 Likes

Funny to read. Trash hero. Mmhhmm, sure. :rofl: I think it‘s still a very good hero. :wink:

4 Likes

Lets put it in perspective
 What would you choose:

• Dreadstar
  • Shacklebolt
  • C Hel
  • Umbria
  • Kemeny
0 voters
1 Like

“* Healing decreased is reduced from -100% to -74%, and it is no longer uncleasable.” Thats a pitty. It would make her more interesting and more desired.

3 Likes

Dreadstar is a dead hero now
 nothing special about her anymore after the nerf, look starwalker with his fast speed

Please fix her again for how she really is. (real queen of darkness)

Or add something to her speciall (undispellable something or mana block for 2 rounds)

But i like the design of the card very much!

4 Likes

If they were so worried about her heal prevention they could’ve made her - mana regen uncleansable.

3 Likes

Yup. The. They release Lazara which essentially has -50% healing uncleansable. You can pair them together but still. Don’t understand the need to her.

Reminds me a lot of Fulvia and that’s discouraging because Fulvia still is awful. RIP to this elf queen chick

3 Likes

Im so disappointed in this hero. I have her lb1. Refuse to lb2
. she’s average speed, but seems slow to fire. Other average heros are ready way before she is. She lets me down when needed most :frowning:

4 Likes

I just tried out dreadstar.

It’s clearly not even what I was hoping for. Her damage is actually nice. but with her average mana speed that’s just worthless. With fast speed that would be better for her as a queen

She is not suitable for a defensive team. I’m usually between 3300 - 3400 cups. but with her in your defense that is not feasible.

I hope she gets a real quick improvement, towards how she was before. otherwise it’s not worth it in its current state

6 Likes