šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Santa's Challenge Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

Why the hell all the new red 3* must be slow? Kkk

Just kiddingā€¦ Iā€™m gonna pull for Tinsel. He will pair fine with Tethys

1 Like

I bet they did it to make players spend more now and after this event ends they nerf the Halloween heros and just before the release theyā€™ll buff they Christmas heroesā€¦
SG/Zynga style!

Who want to bet?

2 Likes

OP for sure. But they already proved they dont mind releasing a great hero and then nerfing right after event ends. Buyers beware.

I needed to read this. I was also really underwhelmed with the new Christmas heroes, but after reading your comment, I went back and looked, and I realized Iā€™d rather have Goopy than anyone in the Christmas portal besides MN, Tinsel, or the costume for my Krampus. So I went looking for Goopyā€¦ and landed Victor on my third pull! My purples are quite weak, and I wanted C. Victor really badly last year. I landed Francine instead, who is fantastic, but now I also have Victor, and Iā€™m stoked! Thanks, @King_Kyree77 .

10 Likes

I think for me the disappointing thing is another legendary ice hero. Krampus and Pengi are both great and still so well in current meta. So lets realease yet another desire blue. Not use the opportunity to introduce a holy 5 star to the mix, or add a more desirable red. Ive had Santa for a few years now, ok, but my least favorite and really too slow for what he does. The nerf to christmas last year hurt him. And lets not have greater variety, we will add another Healing legendary nature hero to the mix. How many slow legendary nature healing heroes do we need?

2 Likes

Buster is like a mini Franz, so thatā€™s something. Too bad that heā€™s a 3* and the value starts as low as 24%. I have enough yellow healers to care about Sugarplum. If anything, Santa, Mother North and Krampus are still the most interesting thing about the portal for me (I got Pengi but none of the others).

2 Likes

I am very dispointed with new heroā€™s
I except some one like Khufu/Gorseck with fast/avg mana
Atleast there is fast/avg mana revive hero who has over heal 1000+ & minion have 50hp & 80attack :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

These heroā€™s are well balanced, which i donā€™t except from SGā€¦

2 Likes

Apparently Alucard and M&M are so good that players set the expectations for Christmas new heros too high.

7 Likes

And matildaā€¦ She can practically beat a team on her own.

2 Likes

No way, the paywall for this event is too low for such powerfu heroes :wink:

1 Like

Wow! Congrats mate!! Thatā€™s pretty cool all up

2 Likes

Not a big fan of Augustus and Peppermint but Tinsel is damn goodā€¦ Previously 3 out of 4 5* are great heroes to have - MN, Krampus, Pengiā€¦ and now only 4 out of 7 (including Tinsel).

To me this portal just got nerfed (which is the opposite of Halloween portal thanks to M&M and Alucard)ā€¦

PS: that new yellow 4* slow healer is also pretty boringā€¦

1 Like

The Halloween portal is probably the best portal considering all of the heroes are good for something. Santa isnā€™t bad, his speed just blows, but these three new 5* are just out of whack. Hopefully the Easter heroes will be better, but I doubt it.

2 Likes

Peppermint is alright - not great, not terrible.

Augustus does a pretty large amount of boost, but having a tile-based bonus on a Slow hero limits his usability to defense only.

Tinsel is Drake Fong on steroids, a good pull, but not sure if worth chasing.

Sugarplum is the joke character of the bunch. I feel like releasing C.Rigard the way he is was a mistake, if this is SGGā€™s vision of 4* power levels. Why would you want a hero that does at best the same things as C.Rigard, but also a step slower?

1 Like

I agree that Santa is not that bad. I have Santa + costume but he has been sitting at 3/70 forever coz I donā€™t have any other Xmas hero to synergize with him and his slow speed does not fit into my playing style. But I think eventually I will level him up for rush war/tourney, just that I have been working on Octros and now moving on to Tahirā€¦ So he needs to wait for his turn.

1 Like

Santa heroes are lacking extra passive to freshen them up, like they did with Morlovia ones :slight_smile:

Also, its time to boost minions HPā€¦7% is ridicolous nowadaysā€¦ Telluria isnt played for that reason

3 Likes

Yeah. Itā€™s kinda bonkers to think that some 3* have beefier minions than some of the 5* from this event.

2 Likes

to remind everyone. halloween portal closed. then the nerf came to the Halloween heroes, including their passive skills.
Xmas heroes will be buffed (perhaps during a live game).
Xmas will get their passive skills.

I totally agree with what he said.
we know zynga.

1 Like

Halloween never nerfed (yet) but yeah probably thatā€™s what going to happenā€¦

Alucard is too goodā€¦ He makes lvl8 of the covenant too easyā€¦ (same like Xnolphod was in the tower events) definitely need a nerf