Early Information on New Elemental Links and Elemental Link Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Hero of the Month Families._

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual feature release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked.

Element Link addons

I am writing the changes in groups.
In the Beta application the actual element is written instead of (same element)

Hel, Athena, Ares, Musashi and Alberich

• Elemental Lnk gives all (same element) allies +15% attack and +15% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Thoth-Amun, Perseus, Natalya, Zeline and Delilah

• Elemental Link gives +10% mana generation for all (same element) allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Element Link updates

Malicna, Frosth, Yang Mai, Elradir and Devana

• Elemental Link gives all (same element) allies small amount of mana at the end of each turn for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Side note:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

9 Likes

This is the thing that gets me. We knew this was a good elemental link. And it’s gone.

The extra attack/defense for the first batch of HOTM is very strong and now is one of hte better ones. 10% for 4 turns seems good enough. 15% for 6 turns is pretty solid.

10% mana generation is better than the 4% elemental link that already exists! 10% can actually make a difference.

5 Likes

Just a new wording or actually a change of the amount of mana you gain?

That’s absolutely great

5 Likes

@PlayForFun elemental link mana slightly reduced for recent hotm’s yang mai, Devana , frosth … can you please add it in the post. I don’t see it’s mentioned here in post that it’s reduced.

2 Likes

Small not moderate mana

1 Like

So, we need to test Xnolphod+Malicna+Alfrike combo for 9tiles Alfrike)

Have you confirmed this to the staff that it is really intended?

1 Like

Sorry, but… What was changed?

1 Like

Nerfed from moderate to small?

1 Like

I still do not get the changes, are they adding elemental links to all heroes? What is going on?

1 Like

Seems like they change elemental link to everyone link… doesn’t make sense…

I am sure it was always small

Yup, unless they already changed it, which they didn’t, my Yang Mai’s card still reads ‘small mana’.

I’ve check old threads:

Looks like it was already small on screenshot from March 1…

Yes it was small. But in reality small ≠small.
Grimble gives small mana. 0,8 mana
Hotm element link (old) gives small mana. 0,5 mana
Hotm element link (new) gives small mana. Less than 0,5 mana.

So the wording was :poop: from the beginning. They should just write a number and forget small, moderate or what else they write now…

12 Likes

And that’s actually helpful!

Nope it was small before. Now they nerfed it slightly which is not mentioned in the post.

1 Like

I do not understand, the words does not change, and we do not know what changed.
Where do you know? I agree it should just write by number instead of small/moderate.

It is small (I mean in reality, not only word), already tested by @SamMe,
in this thread: Toxicandra got nerfed? (Bugs: Description on skill written inconsistent) - Solved V41

Here is the break point pixel from my post:

2021-06-27_23-01-45
Full Mana = 170

But, V41 already solved, Toxicandra and Alby skill in text changed back to moderated mana.

6 Likes

From this. As I’m not in beta I can’t verify it. But I’m pretty sure it’s true, otherwise it wouldn’t make any sense as the wording from the link is the same,so the change must be something different.

1 Like

I wonder if we will see an update to the Aeron/Gregorion batch, whose element link is only +5% attack and +5% defense…