Early Information on New Hero of the Month Families [Part of The Beta Beat v42, v43]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Hero of the Month Families._

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual feature release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked.

Hero of the Month Families

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Legends 2017 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% mana generation.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all elements allies.

Family members:

• Hel, Athena, Ares, Musashi, Alberich, Thoth-Amun, Perseus

Legends 2018 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

• Natalya, Zeline, Deliah, Aeron, Alasie, Gravemaker, Gregorion, Drake Fong, Khiona, Aegir, Zimkitha, Evelyn

Legends 2019 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

• Onatel, Kunchen, Frida, Anzogh, Margaret, Ranvir, Seshat, Miki, Grazul, Kingston, Neith, Grimble

Legends 2020 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% healing

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

• Vela, Jean-Francois, Telluria, Clarissa, Malosi, Raffaele, Noor, Zocc, Bai Yeong, Zulag, Glenda, Reuben

Legends 2021 Family

The bonus of this year’s Legends family will be activated when year 2021 draws to close.

It is still locked, but now in Beta I could see what will be this too:

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +20% / +25% / +30% critial chance.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

Family members:

• Bertilla, Uraeus, Malicna, Frosth, Yang Mai, Elradir, Devana, Chakkaszrot, Alexandrine, Russell, Balbar, Hanitha

Note:

Your already pulled heroes are getting this family bonus too.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

15 Likes

I really like this. Been needed for a while to boost usefulness of some of the older hotms.

16 Likes

Family bonus for 1 is a solid buff to the heroes

2017: can’t see you using two of the same color hero in a mono attack. Old school Ares and Alberich could have been seen together. I don’t see much of a synergy here among these heroes where the 15% will come into play.

2018: Gravemaker and Zim is the first pair that comes to mind. Perhaps we’ll see Evelyn and Zeline be paired together.

2019: Kunchen and Seshat may already be ona titan team together. Same with Miki and Frida. This just made blue stacks even stronger!

2020: bonus to healing is normally bad since it’s multiplicative and not addative (can I get a confirm on that).

I don’t see this changing raids/war too much. Biggest difference will be Miki + Frida. I have Frida and often mana pot her to finish off challenge events. This just made her that much better.

5 Likes

What does “elemental link benefits all elements”?

If I do a rainbow team with 5 HOTM from a particular year, each HOTM elemental link, once HOTM is activated, will be shared with the other 4 allies regardless of element ?

1 Like

Credit where credit is due i think

These are actual buffs to old hotms only takes 1 hero to get the initial family bonus, and the elemental link applies to all elements which is another great buff

5 Likes

That’s how I read it, but just if the HotM are all the same year.

I am already thinking of how I can make a blue 3,1,1 with the 3 blue including Frida and including my Anzogh and Kingston with Frida, Kingston and Anzogh all sharing the element link. Initial thought is Frida, CKiril, LB Sapphire, Anzogh, Kingston

Would be nice if those heroes have an element link.

Overall I really like this idea, especially some older hotm would profit a lot from those buffs, but please consider giving first generation hotm an element link or this buff won’t effect the oldest hotm as much as newer generations.

2 Likes

Is this true @PlayForFun ? Isn’t it limited to the heroes in the family?

They have been added in beta

2 Likes

I’ve just tested it and it applies to every hero regardless of if they are hotm, same year or just any hero

6 Likes

Do you know what the element link does?
This is really good news…

Edit @PlayForFun just made a new topic about that. Thanks and great work as always :+1:

Maybe that is a bug…

Some have +10 mana gen and some have +15% attack/ Def.

I’m not sure it’s every single hotm id have to check but hel, mushashi, aeron have it

Edit: see new thread for more info

2 Likes

The Elemental Link applies to all heores.
Eg:
I have Glenda and Malosi on my team, and I have activated both special skills, and now all other hero (eg: Bera) have the +10% Critical chance family bonus and the Ice minion.

4 Likes

It will be fun when we are able to put Malicna, YM, Frosth, Elradir and Devana in the same team and have their Elemental links shared between all of them.

1 Like

I think it is not a bug. Elemental Link already applied to non HoTMs if they are for the same element.

2 Likes

Did someone in SGG not check this bit ? Then it’s strange to give this elemental link family bonus to 2017 HOTM then

1 Like

They got a new one in beta.

1 Like

Ah good on SGG then.

1 Like

What is the Portal less used with the lowest profit %?

Hmm… Let’s add some extra stuff there to raise those results… Let’s finally have summons at the Tavern of the Legends!

1 Like