Early Information on New Elemental Links and Elemental Link Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

Defeating Fire titans is already nearly broken and some of these changes are going to drastically magnify this.

+10% attack bonus for all Ice with Frida/Miki
+15% attack bonus for all Ice with Athena

Ice teams attacking Fire Titans really did not need another 25% attack. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Elemental Lnk gives all (same element) Nature allies” :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah for titans this is going to make good scores even better. I’m hopeful that SG’s thinking behind it was more to help the smaller player that maybe lucked into one of them and due to lack of other heroes has to use them in lots of additional areas so gains more from the boost at those sections.

So the original design had these buffs affect the whole team (“affects all elements”) and now the buffs only affect heroes of the same color “all (same element)”? So for example Delilah can affect Lidenbrock but not Moreau? (or maybe I’m completely confused!)

Edit: I’m probably confused. Sounds like one buff for having the hero on the team (all elements) and then a separate buff to same color when they fire special. Really cool if that is correct.

Thx, I have removed the Nature from OP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait are they nerfing elradir’s gang? Why?

1 Like

Because they like to slap our faces :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This makes the Aeron - Alasie - Gravemaker - Gregorian - Drake Fong element link of +5% attack/def look like even more crap now.

And it makes the Seshat - Miki - Grazul - Kingston - Neith element link of +4% mana gen look bad.

Sure its 4 turns vs 6 turns but the new ones are still much better.

6 turn +5% attack/def element link usually has no meaningful benefit and ends up getting me chained on by Finley anyways.

3 Likes

Is the mana gain from these average speed HOTMs that broken that it deserved a nerf? The elemental link is the main draw and the reason we used our precious mats on them, only to have this company pull the rug out from under our feet.

Unethical business behavior on a daily basis. HOTM bait and switch - again.

5 Likes

Can someone from Beta tell us what changed in the quantity of mana that Malicna, Devana & co are giving?

I remember it was 0.5 tiles per turn. What is is the level they want to change it to? This type of stuff influences what people choose to max or not

2 Likes

I think the point of the mana link wording change was so that they are all now an identical buff, so when the family bonus kicks in, they can’t stack.

1 Like

Malicna’s elemental link could not stack with Devana’s, Frosth’s, Yang Mai’s and Elradir’s because they gave mana only to their own colour. Or I did not understand you correctly? Who’s mana generation would stack with whom?

1 Like

It was definitely always small.

When I pull a HotM I take a screen shot of their max stats on my phone so that I can make an informed decision when deciding who gets the mats. I only delete the pictures once the hero is fully levelled up.

I was lucky enough to get four of those heroes and three of them are not yet maxed. I checked back against my screen shots from when I pulled them and they all say small amount, not moderate.

I am not really noticing a difference in the one hero I have of the set who is maxed, but then again, I don’t actually take much notice of the exact amount of mana that they get for the bonus. I too would like to have a bit more information about exactly what has changed.

1 Like
Calculation details

I have done some testing in Beta with Malicna (Average hero, charges in 10 tiles).

Here are my findings without mana troop on Malicna:

• Small mana poition (25%) + Mana potion (60%) + 4 turns of Elemental Link does not charges Malicna, so it charges less than 15% / 4 = 0.375 tiles / turn.
  • 9 tiles + 3 turns of elemental link do not charges Malicna, but 4 turns does. So the range is 0.25 - 0.33 tiles - turn

Now I have added a mana troop with 9% mana charge to Malicna

• If my math is good, then 9.17 tiles would charge Malicna.
  • If I have used 8 tiles, then the 4th turn of Elemental link charges Malicna.
  • So it is more 1.17 tiles / turn with 9% mana charge = more than 0.2925 tiles / turn with 9% mana charge = more than 0.268 without extra mana boost.

So the range is between 0.27 - 0.33 tiles based on this.

Yang Mai: fast hero (charges in 8 tiles)

• Small mana poition (25%) + Mana potion (60%) + 4 turns of Elemental link is charges him.
    So (8 *15%) / 4 = 1.2 / 4 = 0.3 so the elmenental link charges at least 0.3 tiles

Yang Mai with 9% mana troop.

• If my math is good, then 7.34 tiles would charge Yang Mai.
  • 6 tiles + 4 turn on elemental link is not enough so it charges less than 1.34 / 4 = 0.33 / turn with 9% mana boost which is 0.307 / turn.

So the conclusion:

• The elemental link charges exactly 0.3 tiles / turn in Beta.

As I recall in the live game it is 0.4 tiles / turn.

9 Likes

As far as I know is 0.5 per turn since they could charge 2 tiles in the 4 turns of the active elemental link. But it’s possible for me to be wrong.

For me the decrease it’s shameful. They are in no case overpowered heroes and for most this was the way to shine and the added value for them to get maxed.

Thank you though for your reporting and efforts to do all this testing and keep us all informed.

8 Likes

They can not stack now as they affect the same element now.
Starting from 01/01/2022 their Elemental Link will affect all elements.
But unfortunatelly it will not stack either as in Beta if you have an Elemental Link from a type like this small amount of mana / turn, then it will be applied to all allies regardless of the element, but this will prevent a hero from the same element type to cast his elemental link.

So if you fire Malicna and his elemental link is applied, then Yang Mai elementtal link will not be applied.

(Of course right now it apply only to the same element, but based on what we see for older HoTMs this will be the expected behavior)

2 Likes

Maybe I am nitpicking, but calling it elemental link and affecting all elements it’s kind of non-sense… Then they should just call it something else.

8 Likes

I agree.
The Family bonus removes this elemental nature of the elemental link.
It is causing some confusion in Beta topics too, and there are some suggestions to change this.
We will see that if SG will change anything or not.

5 Likes

Are they OP in current beta version?

This change made all old heroes a bit better,
I think the very old heroes have received the biggest improvement, which doesn’t have elemental link before are listed in the OP.

Maybe the family bonus for these old HoTMs will make them more desirable.

Eg: the familiy where Albreich gives all allies +15% attack and defense. If you combine him with already a bit OP heroes (Frigg, Odin… etc) then they will be more dangerous.

I think the HoTMs will be lot more useful for Buff Booster tournaments, where if you pick HoTMs from 5 different Elemental Link type where they are adding buffs, then they can give +100% (or more) attack to all allies (the same as Tarlak or better) without any further buffs and not counting that if the Elemental Link also gives additional attack,
And as these Elemental Links are not dispellable they are ideal for this tournamnent, and they can last 4-6 turns.

We have just receive a notification that SG will look into this, and tries to make this less confusing.

8 Likes