Dark Lord Frustration

I’m honesty impressed that you made it all the way to the dark lord with that team. Most people need a full team of maxed 4*s to get that far. Leveling Wu Kong will help a lot, since you can double yellow and hopefully get a high damage combo with Wu.

Wu changed my game. He made progressing and completing Season 1 SO much easier. Same with Season 2! :+1:

Though it still took me about 10 tries to beat the Dark Lord.

2 Likes

@Wharflord Believe me, it wasn’t easy lol.

1 Like

I did have mostly an all 4* team, sometimes there would be (1) 5* in the mix. The only hero I have maxed so far is Wu. The rest are still being leveled.

Well guys! I did it! Finally overcome the Dark Lord haha! I took some of your advice and power levelled Wu Kong to 2/36, and with the strategy of killing his minions first for space to create mana, he’s finally dead!

Thanks so much for your help friends! Here’s my screenshots of the team I used to overcome the task.

8 Likes

Congrats! :+1:

20 Characters

Way to go!

I appreciate the thread and am glad to see that the advice was spot on! I’m not yet at the point of approaching the Dark Lord at all, so it’s really great to see what someone who was struggling with him needed to do in order to succeed. It really helps give me a bar to aim for while working my way through the provinces. :slight_smile:

(I may or may not have also linked to this thread from the wiki as a ‘for more information’. :grin: )

Try different pairings. Certain Battle items work really well. Do you have time stops yet? This is one of the most effective items you can use against really stubborn enemies. Once their mana reaches close to their max, you use this and it wipes their mana, which saves you considerable damage. Wilbur is also a critical hero that lowers mana. Wu Kang, on the other hand boosts your team’s offense and so on. Good luck.

Wilbur doesn’t affect mana; he lowers opponents’ defense and raises defense for allies.

congrats! I knew u could do it! Now come on over to our alliance! :smiley:

I shouldn’t have written that he lowers mana, but what I meant to say is that when coupled with certain battle items, like time stop, he can be very effective.

Got him on firts try thanks to Proteus (3.60) + LiXiu (3.60)
Proteus stops mana generation and LiXiu reduces mana. Not even once he fired his special…

The rest of the team were
Justice (2.40), Ranvir(2.35) + Boldtusk (3.60).
Ranvir helps with strong hits and lotsa misses

None maxed

2 Likes

I finally defeated the Dark Lord today 7 Nov 19 and i have to say the rewards is very underwhelming considering the long journey. I won’t be keeping my reward of bane.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your reward. There used to be no reward for finishing season 1. The devs gave the rewards retroactively to older players.

2 Likes

After the forum users proposed to SG to put in a reward because without it it was a missed pr chance.

1 Like

Hurray for the pioneers who went before us!!! Thank you!!! :bouquet: :clinking_glasses:

(Absolutely sincerely just in case you wonder…)

After deafeating the Dark Lord I use most of my loot tickets there. The reward is decent–just not exceptional.

I would suggest saving them for Atlantis Rises :slight_smile:

many threads on it but here are a couple:

And this is the gospel book for farming:

1 Like

I will when I can do them on hard. But when a stage costs 3 I would just rather do it. But I spend so much time and energy doing side quests and with a VIP pass, I go to look at my loot tickets and usually have a dozen or so.

I just beat it with my main team, no yellow heroes, and with dragon attacks, antidotes, potent healing potions, and time freezes. My tp was 3040

1 Like