In preparation for Atlantis Rises returning I searched for a list of optimal AR levels, but couldn’t find them. So I have been doing some analysis of Barry’s Data myself, and came up with this. Hopefully others will find it useful too.
EDIT (SEPT 2019): When I first started out with this I did some decent analysis of Barry’s Data, to try to come up with my own reasoning and opinions, but he’s since updated it a few times and it has knocked my initial analysis out quite a bit and I’ve found I’m now basically just copying @BarryWuzHere’s conclusions. As a result, you are probably better off checking out his spreadsheet yourself (tho I’ve updated it, and intend to continue to do so - at least in the TL/DR section).
I intend to do the following:
- 1.2 (season 2, normal) - Optimum for backpacks; heroes and troops; all around good for loot; bad for monsters; ok for XP
- 4.9 (season 2, normal) - Optimum for clothes; heroes and troops; and decent monsters; decent XP
- 9.10 (season 2, normal) - Optimum heroes, troops and experience, ok recruits
- 15.9 (season 2, normal) - Optimum for recruits; ok for backpacks and clothes; bad for monsters; decent XP
- Rather than assuming everyone realises this, Atlantis Rises appears once a month - these stats are only valid during this period!
- ALL of the optimum levels in AR are better than normal season 1 optimum levels.
- Levels are Normal difficulty unless otherwise specified
- All levels are season 2 so I’ve not specified this
- Atlantis Rising comes around for 3.5 days beginning on the 4th Thursday of each month
- Loot (including crafting/ascension materials, excluding monsters/recruits/XP) is believed to have the same chances for any given province/difficulty
- Atlantis Rising levels cost 3WE less and provide 50% more loot than standard Atlantis levels
- 1.2: Optimum for backpacks, heroes and troops
- 4.9: Optimum for clothes, heroes and troops (and decent monsters)
- 15.9: Optimum for recruits; ok for backpacks and clothes; bad for monsters; decent XP
If you wish to use loot tickets, but have a limited supply:
- 15.9 (Hard): Very good for recruits and (probably) Atlantis coins
I looked up the materials I was lowest on and assumed others would be similar:
- 6.9: Large Bones
- 3.6: Leather Strips
- 12.6 (HARD): Midnight root
- 11.10 (HARD): Meteor Dust
- 9.8: Dragon Bones
- 18.6 (HARD): Nuggets
Additionally, worth noting that:
- As pointed out in the notes, provinces (for a given difficulty) are believed to have the same drop rates for materials
- Provinces 1-9 give the most total crafting materials
- Provinces 7-9 give the most ascension materials
- 9.10: Optimum heroes, troops and experience (640 xp per flag)
- 15.9: Optimum recruits, ok experience (547 xp per flag)
- 4.9: Optimum for clothes, heroes and troops and decent monsters (563 xp per flag)
- 9.4/9.7: Best for filling a monster chest and maybe for odds on getting Atlantis coins
Please check out my other forum post for info on completing Atlantis missions.
As you can probably tell, I’m taking it a bit more easy on the forum - sorry for not replying. I am still playing the game in my alliance, Eldunarya. We would love to have you and we have spaces. We are an experienced, friendly bunch that take it easy (only war hits are mandatory). Look us up.
@BarryWuzHere’s Spreadsheet has since been updated, but left this mostly to compare rough numbers vs the “previous best” without AR.