In preparation for Atlantis Rises returning I searched for a list of optimal AR levels, but couldn’t find them. So I have been doing some analysis of Barry’s Data myself, and came up with this. Hopefully others will find it useful too.
EDIT (SEPT 2019): When I first started out with this I did some decent analysis of Barry’s Data, to try to come up with my own reasoning and opinions, but he’s since updated it a few times and it has knocked my initial analysis out quite a bit and I’ve found I’m now basically just copying @BarryWuzHere’s conclusions. As a result, you are probably better off checking out his spreadsheet yourself (tho I’ve updated it, and intend to continue to do so - at least in the TL/DR section).
I intend to do the following:
- 1.2 (season 2, normal) - Optimum for backpacks; heroes and troops; all around good for loot; bad for monsters; ok for XP
- 4.9 (season 2, normal) - Optimum for clothes; heroes and troops; and decent monsters; decent XP
- 9.10 (season 2, normal) - Optimum heroes, troops and experience, ok recruits
- 15.9 (season 2, normal) - Optimum for recruits; ok for backpacks and clothes; bad for monsters; decent XP
- Rather than assuming everyone realises this, Atlantis Rises appears once a month - these stats are only valid during this period!
- ALL of the optimum levels in AR are better than normal season 1 optimum levels.
- Levels are Normal difficulty unless otherwise specified
- All levels are season 2 so I’ve not specified this
- Atlantis Rising comes around for 3.5 days beginning on the 4th Thursday of each month
- Loot (including crafting/ascension materials, excluding monsters/recruits/XP) is believed to have the same chances for any given province/difficulty
- Atlantis Rising levels cost 3WE less and provide 50% more loot than standard Atlantis levels
- 1.2: Optimum for backpacks, heroes and troops
- 4.9: Optimum for clothes, heroes and troops (and decent monsters)
- 15.9: Optimum for recruits; ok for backpacks and clothes; bad for monsters; decent XP
If you wish to use loot tickets, but have a limited supply:
- 15.9 (Hard): Very good for recruits and (probably) Atlantis coins
I looked up the materials I was lowest on and assumed others would be similar:
- 6.9: Large Bones
- 3.6: Leather Strips
- 12.6 (HARD): Midnight root
- 11.10 (HARD): Meteor Dust
- 9.8: Dragon Bones
- 18.6 (HARD): Nuggets
Additionally, worth noting that:
- As pointed out in the notes, provinces (for a given difficulty) are believed to have the same drop rates for materials
- Provinces 1-9 give the most total crafting materials
- Provinces 7-9 give the most ascension materials
- 9.10: Optimum heroes, troops and experience (640 xp per flag)
- 15.9: Optimum recruits, ok experience (547 xp per flag)
- 4.9: Optimum for clothes, heroes and troops and decent monsters (563 xp per flag)
- 9.4/9.7: Best for filling a monster chest and maybe for odds on getting Atlantis coins
Please check out my other forum post for info on completing Atlantis missions.
@BarryWuzHere’s Spreadsheet has since been updated, but left this mostly to compare rough numbers vs the “previous best” without AR.