📯 Costumed Ratatoskr – Season 3 Costume – 5* Nature/Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Ratatoskr

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Ratatoskr, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Ratatoskr.

Costumed Ratatoskr

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Wizard
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Alfheim
Image Aether Power Description
bulwark Bulwark At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% defense, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Roots of Yggdrasil
  • All allies regenerate 795 HP over 3 turns.
  • Alters the power of all Nature shields on the board. When an attacking Hero casts the speical, the shields become enhance with +64% attack. When a defending Hero casts the special, the shields become weakened with -57% attack.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Stats are changed due to costume bonus change.
    • Attack is increased from 903 to 979.
    • Defense is increased from 726 to 787.
    • Health is increased from 1410 to 1597.
  • 50% healing is replaced by 795 HP healing over 3 turns.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 6 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v59]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Ratatoskr ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Ratatoskr.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Ratatoskr and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Ratatoskr worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Ratatoskr on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Ratatoskr ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Ratatoskr as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Ratatoskr Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Ratatoskr’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Ratatoskr and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Ratatoskr, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Ratatoskr when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Ratatoskr, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Ratatoskr (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Ratatoskr), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Costumed Ratatoskr (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Ratatoskr worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Ratatoskr would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Ratatoskr’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Over Time)
  • Tile Enhancer (Offense)
  • Tile Nerfer (Defense)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Ratatoskr compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Ratatoskr’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Ratatoskr’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Ratatoskr’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Ratatoskr is better ?

• Normal Ratatoskr
  • Costumed Ratatoskr
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Ratatoskr worth giving Monk Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Ratatoskr is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Ratatoskr is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Ratatoskr worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Ratatoskr then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Had 6 free pulls left from finally going ahead and beating hard mode…yay?

2 Likes

Looks like his special has been changed to regenerating 795 HP over 3 turns instead of 50% heal, that’s a bit of a downgrade? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes, indeed. It is changed.
I have adjusted the OP accordingly.
Polls are now enabled.

3 Likes

Feels like a “we need to make the costume more different, so let’s make it worse” situation to me. I was happy to get the costume until I saw the change

2 Likes

They killed this costume, sorry

2 Likes

I guess it’s just for the massive costume bonus then (like for all S3/4) if you already have the original maxed…

1 Like

Wow significantly worse than original. They could’ve at least added a cleanse

1 Like

Terrible. With the original you get an immediate heal. With the costume you have to wait three turns for it.

1 Like

Well, I did want to see cRatatoskr be different than normal Ratatoskr but this was not at all what I had in mind.

795 HoT over 3 turns is not only slower healing than base Ratatoskr, but with the heavy stat creep, will also in many cases be less healing than his base 44%.

Personally, I would have preferred they follow my suggestion with perhaps some tweaks to the numbers since this suggestion was before the large stat creep began taking hold.

This would have at least made him offer something new rather than filling the same niche.

1 Like

No, it’s not terrible. Costume has significantly higher attack stats for Titan attacks which is its main purpose … so I would call it an upgrade all day long …

1 Like

You’re right, if you look at only his titan utility, he’s definitely better. But outside of that he’s worse in every way. I guess almost nobody uses him outside of titans though.

The stats are really really bad for any healer. Furthermore the heal over time is not really usable in raids. The only possible use for this costume is for titans. Really disheartening to come up with such a one trick pony, when even his base form was only good for titans.

I pulled this crap, along with thor costume (more crap) and alfrike costume chasing heimdal (at least loki! As they are both sitting 3.70 wo costumes) definitely not wasting mats on something just for titans. Ive got so many 5*s chasing these past few months i can burn them for 20 at se twice, hopefully he gets a buff or reworked before March comes around for the 2nd se.