☀ Costumed Ma'at – Season 5 Costume – 5* Nature / Green : Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Costume is Released: Costumed Ma’at

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Ma’at, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Ma’at.

Costumed Ma’at

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 5 Sun
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill:
- Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
- All enemies get -34% attack for 3 turns.
:hourglass: Ability: Extra Chance for Effects on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, any of their Passive Skills that grant extra effects on cast have 3 chances to activate.
:hourglass: Ability: Mana on Health Boosting Special Skill
This character gains 5% mana each time an enemy casts a Special Skill that boosts health.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Protector of the Blue River
  • Deals 220% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -35% defense for 3 turns.
  • All Fire enemies get -20% attack for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sun Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -35% accurancy for 2 turns and X Burn damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%
    (X = 196 for Legendary Heroes, 142 for Epic Heroes, 114 for Rare Heroes)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Damage is increased from 200% to 220%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 5 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v64]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Ma’at ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Ma’at.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Ma’at and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Ma’at worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Ma’at on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Ma’at ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Ma’at as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Ma’at Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Ma’at’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Ma’at and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Ma’at, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Ma’at when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Ma’at, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Ma’at (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Ma’at), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Ma’at (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Ma’at worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Ma’at would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Ma’at’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Attack Debuffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Ma’at compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Ma’at’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Ma’at’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Ma’at’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Ma’at is better ?

• Normal Ma’at
  • Costumed Ma’at
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Ma’at worth giving Rogue Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Ma’at is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Ma’at is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Ma’at worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Ma’at then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

I had 30 pulls saved hoping for either C Anubis, or C Hathor since I have them both levelled and LB1, but instead, I got Ma’at!

Now, I’m actually happy with this, because a) she becomes my new 5* strongest defence down hero (35%), the damage is better 220%, and I do think that the 3x chances for her passive to activate is pretty mental. Granted from what I can tell, it’s 3x rolls, with a 50% chance for it to activate… but it just means that it’ll now fire either 1 0-3 times for 70% damage each time.

Also, I have a bucket full of rogue emblems to use

7 Likes

She is absolutely beautiful. I love the art for both of them, granted I am a Yu-Gi-Oh player that runs Lyrilaripe’s (lyrilusc harpies for those who are wondering).

2 Likes

The OP is adjusted with the changes.
Polls are enabled.

And I got her but I don’t know why I am not so excited.

0-3 times :wink: but chances are pretty good it will be at least 1 (87.5% to be exact).

3 Likes

I like this costume, the weaker class is the only downside, but better damage is nice and the triple passive activation makes her much better as at supporting the team with attack down to the enemies.

My excitement was getting the better of me clearly!! Thank you :smiley:

What exactly does the triple passive activation mean?

@Toebelix
It means this can be activated 3 times in a row.

So it can deal 210% 3 * 70% damage in total with 12.5% chance.

And you will have only 12.5% chance to not deal any damage.

37.5% chance for activating it once.
37.5% chance for for activating it twice.

so her - 20 % attack for fire is useless as her passive that will trigger 100% every time and trigger after her special will overwrite it

This -20% might be a set back, as all enemies will have -34% attack, and Fire enemies will only get -20%, but I am unsure about the order of activation.

If -34% is done later, then yes, -20% attack is useless.

2 Likes

Not bad, thank you @PlayForFun

1 Like

Skill first, passive after the skill. But it is still useful in 12.5% of cases when the passive doesn´t trigger.
The whole thing was badly thought out from the start (I mean original Ma´at), maybe it was a last minute fix from beta to live? Maybe one of the two things was something else and then deemed either too good or too weak and then they changed it last minute without noticing that it then became a double attack down. Or just the usual incompetence and nobody noticed that the skill and the passive overlapped.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doing 70% damage 3 tines is significantly less than doing 210% damage once. But its not really 70% because defense down would be activated. Its going to hurt but your math is real off

You miss the skill, it doesnt matter that they overwrite. Ma’at is currently probably best utility character in the game.

Why isnt it the same, all in?

At an attack stat of 1500 before troops, both scenarios do exactly 3,150 damage.

Are you taking into consideration the def down that is applied? If so, that is after the damage.

To simplify, If Hp was 100, 3 chances at 10% is not the same as 30%. I pulled c. Hathor but I think I’ll continue the scarabs for Ma’at :slight_smile:

1 Like