🔱 Costumed Kageburado – 5* Dark/Purple Costume from Season 2

New Season 2 Costume is released: Costumed Kageburado

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Kageburado, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Kageburado

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Paladin
VF
Very Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 2 Atlantis
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Beetle Strike
  • Dispels buffs from the target.
  • Deals 320% damage to the target.
  • The target is immune to new buffs for 2 turns.
  • The target gets -34% defense for 2 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Atlantis Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Kageburado from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Season 2 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Kageburado ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Kageburado.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Kageburado and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Kageburado worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Kageburado on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Kageburado ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Kageburado as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Kageburado Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Kageburado’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Kageburado and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Kageburado, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Kageburado when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Kageburado, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Kageburado (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Kageburado), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Costumed Kageburado.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Kageburado by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Kageburado by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Kageburado by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Kageburado by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Kageburado by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Kageburado

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Kageburado by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Kageburado

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Kageburado (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Kageburado worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Kageburado would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Kageburado’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Damage Dealer
  • Immuniser against buffs
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Kageburado compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Kageburado’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Kageburado’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Kageburado worth giving Barbarian Emblems tothe original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Kageburado is better ?

• Normal Kageburado
  • Costumed Kageburado

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Kageburado is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Kageburado is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

1 Like

I just leave this here.

Rhino

3 Likes

If anyone has a costume kage can you lettuce know could be a dragon for yah :green_heart:

1 Like

I got him from last AR. What would you like to know @Dudeious.Maximus ?

Edit: forget about it. Your post must’ve been from when the hero just came out.

2 Likes

Congrats @StillVictor ! I have wanted Kageburado since I started playing 2+ years ago, so many wasted pulls in Atlantis time and time again, still no Dark Samurai for me :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

1 Like

I guess not many people have got him. I just pulled him and am psyched for his costume, if only for the stats boost (and the rest of it!) I’ve only just taken the plunge and emblemmed the original I had so I’ll probably have to redo it now. Looking forward to using him alongside cGPather and Onyx - although I tend to prefer 2-2-1.

There’s more of an argument towards using the original costume for the additional damage, from what I can see, compared to say, cFinley where there is no reason for using the original.

1 Like

If you don’t have c. Seshat or Onyx he’s a must against taunt and counter attackers. He’s the only Atlantis 5* hero I’ve ever pulled on this account. Was very excited to pull him though :slight_smile:

But as I see, you have other blockers and dispelers too :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I did 4 coin pulls, and this one showed up. I have original one (+20). I haven’t used it, though. I want to make a good team for the costumed Kage. Will Costumed Kage, 2nd Costumed Obakan (+20&LB) and Dr. Moreau (+20) be a good team? 7 tiles can make them fire, and Costumed Kage has defense down. I’m not sure if this team will be good or not. Khonshu must be better with this one, but I don’t have it. Anyway, I’m happy that I get this. BTW, Halloween portal is making me depressed. About 100 pulls gave me Lianna & Obakan instead of seasonal 5*. Sigh. There’s no discussion concerning Costumed Kageburado in this post. Does anyone have a strategy for this one?

1 Like

I was surprised to know that his immune and defense down is only for the target. So Costumed Kage, 2nd Costumed Obakan and Dr. Moreau team won’t work, I presume. I sometimes use Costumed Victor / 2nd Costumed Obakan / Dr. Moreau, and that will work better than cKage combo. So I think I will wait until I get Khonshu. Or Costumed Victor, Costumed Kage and Clarissa, the very fast comco, maybe? Unfortunately, I extracted all emblemes from Victor to give them to Arco. Or purple mono team, maybe? I don’t do mono, though. It will take some time for me to find a way to use this one well.

Kage’s main benefit is against Taunters. (Black Knight, Krampus, Kara) where he can, at very fast speed, remove a problem that stops you attacking or targeting anyone else. The benefit of cKage is that he can remove the taunt and then (for 2 turns) prevent it being recast. So timing is quite critical, but at very fast means he’s ready to go again.

Also, without the limitation on health, a constant 320% isn’t world beating but it does help whittle, and the defence down gets them ready for someone else to knock over.

1 Like