ℹ Costumed Jabberwock – 5* Dark/Purple from Riddles of Wonderland

New Riddles of Wonderland Hero Costume is released: Costumed Jabberwock

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Jabberwock, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Jabberwock

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Druid
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Challenge Festival Wonderland
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Avenger of Mothkind
  • Deals 300% damage to the enemies on the edges of the enemy formation. If there is only one enemy is alive, the damage is doubled.
  • The enemies on the edges of the enemy formation receive Corrosive poison damage for 3 turns. The Corrosive Poison deals 131 damage and lowers the target’s mana generation by -12% each turn. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Apr 2022

:hugs: Wonderland Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

This section will be updated after release.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Challenge Event Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v44,v48]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Jabberwock ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Jabberwock.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Jabberwock and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Jabberwock worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Jabberwock on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Jabberwock ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Jabberwock as an opponent?

• Would you give Monk emblems to normal Jabberwock in order to have Costumed Jabberwock Emblemed? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Jabberwock’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Jabberwock and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Jabberwock, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Jabberwock when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Jabberwock, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Jabberwock (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Jabberwock), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Jabberwock (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Jabberwock worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Jabberwock would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Jabberwock’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over time)
  • Mana Generation Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Jabberwock compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Jabberwock’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Jabberwock’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Jabberwock is better ?

• Normal Jabberwock
  • Costumed Jabberwock

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Jabberwock worth giving Monk Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Jabberwock is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Jabberwock is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

2 Likes

Very lucky to get him this morning! It is just me or is his costume far more superior than the original form? Higher poison damage than the original + mana degeneration on top with the same amount of damage.

3 Likes

Congrats! I was lucky as well and came here to see what the opinion of his costumed version was as well.

:beers:

Original
Attack: 743
Defense: 747
Health: 1328

• Deals 300% damage to the enemies on the edges of the enemy formation. If there is only one enemy alive, the damage is doubled.
  • The enemies on the edges of the enemy formation receive 234 Poison damage over 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Costume
Attack: 775
Defense: 763
Health: 1397

• Deals 300% damage to the enemies on the edges of the enemy formation. If there is only one enemy is alive, the damage is doubled.
  • The enemies on the edges of the enemy formation receive Corrosive poison damage for 3 turns. The Corrosive Poision deals 131 damage and lowers the target’s mana generation by -12% each turn. This effect can’t be cleansed.

The original does a bit less initial damage. The costume applies less D.O.T. in exchange for -12% mana generation each turn. :thinking:

1 Like

@wilderfrostscout the original deals more poison dot than the costume. Costume deals 131 over three turns whike the original deals 240 over 3 turns

3 Likes

I think it is 131 damage […] each turn. So in total it would be 393 damage over 3 turns. That’s why it is much higher than the 234 over 3 turns.

P/S: I just tested him at 1/50, the card says 83 damage and his poison damage did do 83 damage each turn (!), not 83 damage over 3 turns.

7 Likes

Great point! One little phrase “each turn” makes all the difference.

I just got lucky pulled Jabberwock today, I already have maxed regular Jabberwocky, have to see if costume helps defense, think costume will help him out on offense though :slight_smile:

Congratulations on jabberwocky y’all :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: I have wished after him since the very first time I saw him in battle. :two_hearts:

Him with dark lord can hit all 5 with their corrosive poison. Very much worth to combo with DL

3 Likes

I already have Jabberwock at 19 emblems so will definitely do the costume side. The costume uses the same attack path so I don’t have to re-emblem him, which makes it even sweeter.

3 Likes

After i leveled costume and normal completely I can see that the costume bonus is wrong: hp +6% and mana +1%, where ist should be 10% HP and 5% Mana, similar for the other Stats.
Do you experience the Same? Is it a bug?

Got it: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/early-information-on-round-1-of-hotm-costumes-round-6-of-costumes-in-general-part-of-the-beta-beat-v42/249050

S1 costume Bonus is different from Hotm/Seasonal , and also different from Special events heroes

3 Likes

Hello,

There is a possible bug with c-Jabberwock. When I pair him with Cheshire Cat, I noticed 2 scenarios:

1- If I fire Cheshire Cat first, c-Jabberwock just hits the targets and do no corrosive poison.
2- When I fire c-Jabberwock first, both Cheshire Cat’s and c-Jab’s status ailments stack.

Shouldn’t they always stack?

1 Like

They should never stack dispellable or undispellable, same aliment like poison water etc never stack. Maybe in case of villans they do but their mechanic was rework so much that I don’t know now for sure.

1 Like

Well, he has something like the vilains. It’s corrosive because it does not only cause poison damage but also slows down enemies mana regeneration.

1 Like

Pulled Jabberwock this morning! so excited, as I never got him previously. :grin: I had the longest ever dry spell for new dark 5* , and he’s the 4th dark 5* i’ve pulled this year, on a coin pull again! 2022 seems to be the year of the dark 5*s for me, yay! :joy:

3 Likes

Finally i have mi amore :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I have adjusted the stats in the OP after the costume bonus change.

Just got ‘em from my single pull from coins earned from the challenge fest. I had quartz and c. killhare on deck for dark ascension, should jabbermoth jump them?

4 Likes