đŸ§Ș Early Information on Challenge Event Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v44,v48]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the costumes for Challange Event heroes heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:performing_arts: Costumes!!!

There are a total of 10 new Costumes being tested in v44.

5 :star: — Legendary Costumes

• Jabberwock – Jabbermoth
  • Marie-ThĂ©rĂšse – Soul-Stealing Priestess
  • Finley - Bleak Commodore
  • Snow White - Slayer White
  • Lady of the Lake - Lady of Blades
  • Black Knight - Negative Knight
  • White Rabbit - Mask of Madness
  • Rumpelstiltskin - Eternal Trickster
  • Guardian Kong - Conqueror Kong
  • Guardian Panther - Fierce Panther

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

Jabberwock — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Jabberwock

Costume Jabberwock — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 805

Attack: 775
Defense: 763
HP: 1397

Class: Druid
Family: Wonderland Family
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Avenger of Mothkind

• Deals 300% damage to the enemies on the edges of the enemy formation. If there is only one enemy is alive, the damage is doubled.
  • The enemies on the edges of the enemy formation receive Corrosive poison damage for 3 turns. The Corrosive Poision deals 131 damage and lowers the target’s mana generation by -12% each turn. This effect can’t be cleansed.

Marie-ThĂ©rĂšse — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Marie-ThérÚse

Costume Marie-ThĂ©rĂšse — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 775
HP: 1397

Class: Druid
Family: Pirate
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Zombie Invocation

• Deals 138% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies’s health boosted by 600 HP over 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • All allies get +30% defense for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • All allies receive Zombie Blessing. If the blessed Hero dies in the next 4 turns, they will be reborn as a Zombie with:
    • 100% intherited health
    • 500 attack
    • 500 defense,
    • Special Attack of Poison Bite.

Finley — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Finley

Costume Finley — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 809
Defense: 746
HP: 1349

Class: Fighter
Family: Pirate
Element: :snowflake: Ice

Special Skill: Commodore’s Malice

• Deals 365% damage to the target
  • If the target has buffs and is hit, targets another enemy with buffs. If none of of the other enemies have buffs, targets a random enemy. The damage is reduced on each consecutive hit. Each enemy can only be hit once.
  • All hit targets get -44% defence for 3 turns.

Snow White — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Snow White

Costume Snow White — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 803
Defense: 748
HP: 1355

Class: Ranger
Family: Grimforest
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Special Skill: Slaying Stake

• Dispels and cleases all buffs and status ailments from all allies and enemies.
  • Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals additional 25% damage per removed status effect, up to 530% damage in total.

Lady of the Lake — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Lady of the Lake

Costume Lady of the Lake — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 767
Defense: 771
HP: 1401

Class: Fighter
Family: Avalon
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Special Skill: Blessed Blades

• Boosts health of all allies by 550. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as a temporary HP.
  • Summons a Magical Sword Minion for the caster and nearby allies with 14% HP and 15% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Each hit from the Magical Sword Minion gives the following status ailment:
    • The target gets -24% mana generation for 3 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

Black Knight — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Black Knight

Costume Black Knight — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 642 655
Defense: 861 877
HP: 1534 1592

Class: Wizard
Family: Avalon
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: But a Scratch

• The caster has a 50% chance to drop any received damage to 1 for 4 turns.
  • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +30% +54% attack for 4 turns.

White Rabbit — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal White Rabbit

Costume White Rabbit — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 804

Attack: 763
HP: 1423

Class: Wizard
Family: Wonderland
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Special Skill: Cosmic Clock

• Deals 260% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Target and nearby enemies gets -34% defense for 3 turns. The effect duration is reset if the target is healed. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Rumpelstiltskin — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Rumpelstiltskin

Costume Rumpelstiltskin — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 792

Attack: 744 759
Defense: 727 741
HP: 1451 1505

Class: Monk
Family: Grimforest
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Special Skill: Twilight Tricks
Draw a card for a special effect:

Skull:

• Reduces max health of all enemies by 450 550. Max health can’t get lower than 30% of the original max health.
  • All enemies receive Corrosive Poision for 3 4 turns. The Corrosive Poision deals 59 60 Poision damage and lowers the target’s mana gereration by -9% each turn.

Cross:

• Boosts health of all allies by 400 620. If health exceeds max HP, it is added as a temporary HP.
  • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 3 4 turns.

Stars:

• All enemies get -24% -54% mana generation for 3 4 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.
  • All enemies are immune to new buffs for 3 4 turns.

Guardian Kong — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Guardian Kong

Costume Guardian Kong — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 790

Attack: 816
Defense: 612
HP: 1486

Class: Monk
Family: Guardian
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Special Skill: Kong Smash

• Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies reflect all status effects and 115% damage back to the attacker and block other negative effects from enemies’ Ice Special Skills for 4 turns.

Guardian Panther — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Guardian Panther

Costume Guardian Panther — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 789

Attack: 788 804
Defense: 663 676
HP: 1451 1505

Class: Paladin
Family: Guardian
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Special Skill: Roar of the Panther

• Deals 160% 280% damage to the target and nearby all enemies
  • All enemies get -64% defense against Dark for 3 turns.
  • All enemies are immune to new buffs for 3 turns.

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:performing_arts: Costume Bonus

Changed in V36.2 of Beta, the Non-Season 1 Costumes impart a DIFFERENT costume bonus to what is applied to Season 1 Costumes.

Here we have the smae costume bonus as Haloween or Season 2 Event Heroes.

Stat S1 CB Summer Event Hero CB
HoTM CB
Season 2 Hero CB
Challange Event Hero CB
Halloween Event Hero CB
Santa’s Challange Event Hero CB
Attack 5% 3% 2%
Defence 5% 3% 2%
HP 10% 6% 4%
Mana 5% 1% 1%

Costume Bonus Progression:

Stat Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 Max
Attack 0% 1% 2% 2% 3%
Defence 0% 1% 2% 2% 3%
HP 0% 2% 4% 5% 6%
Mana 0% 1% 1% 1% 1%

–
NOTE: All numbers are presented above are INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The costumes have the same family as the original hero.
The normal and the costume version of a hero is counted as two unique heroes.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

17 November 2021

New costumes arrived to Beta.

25 April 2022

Balance updates for Rumpelstiltskin Guardian Panther, and Black Knight

:calendar: Release Date

These costumes will arrive in the Chalange Festival Event in December.

:link: Related Threads

Previous topic for some of these costumes

6 Likes

I didn’t realize we needed so many legendary costumes to be released at one time.

Once again I’m left uninspired. The strategy seems to be keep the hero 97% the same and change one line so you barely know what is different from the original version. Yawn.
Most look better. Not even sure why we need the costume bonus here if it’s a clear upgrade.

Most of these heroes are worth summoning for today. They mostly got better. It is what it is. If you want to read more about my opinions go on, but nothing should be surprising.

Why not start with heroes like MLF, Guin, Kestrel, Lady Locke, Sargasso, Red Hood, Guardian Owl?

Jabberwock: same direct damage, but corrosive poison instead of regular poison. I guess that’s better?
Marie-Therese: less damage, but boosted health is better than regular health, especially since it’s instant here.
Finley: We might as well just assume Morel’s costume will be -44% defense to all.
Snow White: higher upside. If 5 effects are removed you break even here.
Lady of the Lake: to me this is the first clear downgrade I see. Yes boosted health is nice, but 10% mana cut is better than -24% mana generation. She does effect all allies now which makes her versatile.
Black Knight: more taunt and defense, but less damage. Not sure this is an upgrade, but both are good. I’d probably use costume because Taunt is his primary purpose, not the attack boost.
White Rabbit: clear upgrade. Perhaps we’ll see more of him on defense now that he applies defense down to 3.
Rumpelstiltskin: interesting changes. All are beneficial. But the randomness means he will never be loved. This is the most unique costume given all three things changed here.
Guardian Kong: nice upgrade assuming you don’t value Kong for the cleanse. Basically similar to Mitsuko.
Guardian Panther: woah! Everyone go out chasing Panther again!

16 Likes

and I also didn’t realise some of these heroes needed a costume.

Kong was just buffed recently too eh?

I think this Challenge Festival portal would have been attractive enough even without these costumes and the new heroes, but maybe SG wants to hedge its bets lol

6 Likes

If it stays like this version, that will probably be one of the best costume event!

2 Likes

surely they just want to maximise the payout ^^

White rabbit looks really nice, def down to 3 is surely better then for only one like in normal version

If I get him, I would level a second one I guess ^^

2 Likes

Makes no sense to me. I thought they would give him some defense down in a Brienne style. Shame with lower and fixed attack boost. Not worth chasing at this point

2 Likes

HM
 What can I say. Lack of interest, criativity
 New costumes for forcing pulls
 Barely any changes
 No fix for balance or anything
 only somewhere else to players spend on. No opinion.

7 Likes

Kong is crazy. Insane attack, high AoE damage but now also goes full Mitsuko. He still has low defense and also loses cleanse though, though overall increase of stats can help with that a bit. And Panther’s EDD of -64%? That’s insane 
 Also Rumple, which now has three variants at average speed and I wouldn’t like to meet either :sweat_smile:

Otherwise sometimes I hardly even notice change (SW, WR). Probably just few numbers shuffled. I see that MT has now HP boost, which makes her possibly better tank than Heimdall. And LotL has became more annoying. Cuz’ what you want is the hero that raises HP over max while constantly removing your mana by minions.

1 Like

What is even the point of c black knight? What is even the point of most of these costumes?

5 Likes

Well, you already have those heroes? Chase them again! Not for me, sorry. I prefer to fly away. Far away. Thanks for this disgusting move.

3 Likes

The point is that so people will keep spending :rofl:

2 Likes

The point
is
to re-summon over and over again
the attractive ones are done first hence
more money!

5 Likes

So I may be in the minority, but I don’t reallymind these new costumes or the recent S2, hotm additions.

There may have been others I picked to get a costume first cough Red Hood cough but with the stat bonus for these being less than the S1 group I don’t see any need to specifically chase to get them to improve a previous hero. The original versions are still very valid, these are an additional extra option. Even with the stat bonus I don’t think they become massively OP to what is there. To me Morel still beats Finley in or out of costume. What these might do is increase variety on defences and attack teams, which I like.

3 Likes

Panther cant be realease like that
dunno who though that it would be a good idea, but she is hipermegaop now.

1 Like

I also agree panthers -64% is too much.

2 Likes

i’ll never get what’s the plan behind costumes that tweak a little some percentages of the original hero. If i don’t have said hero, i will pull anyway. If i have said hero, why should i pull for the same version i already have but with swapped percentages? :thinking:
I also noticed that there’s no more healing heroes. They’re all becoming “boosts health”. Poor old healers.
No words needed on the heroes receiving costumes

As I read the costume descriptions, I don’t see any major difference, but tweaks w.r.t. the main hero design.

Also, many specials have been copied from existing heroes in the game to spice - up the hero costumes:

• Health boost : Heimdall, Gullinbursti, PL 

• Add small amount of mana : Alberich, five 2021 HoTMs, ToXi 

• a bit higher DD / EDD % : Athena, Panther, Fancine, Ursena 

AND

Some costumes are a re-Jig of main hero numbers

• Vanda does the same but in different % / turns
  • Ursena does almost the same

• Most others do the same with extra turns for some things & less turns for some things !!

For that very reason, I doubt these costumes will be chased at all, bcoz the P2P players already have the hero solutions that these costumes offer
 via other heroes, already in the roster

Though

Also, the 4* elemental mats shortage aspect is mitigated bcoz of the costumes
 but that too doesn’t make me want to go for them

The game is overloaded with heroes & many rosters are also overloaded = Slow down has arrived

&
Hence, it’s time for player’s QoL focus for SG
 will they !? :wink: :laughing:

Quality of life is key
will they wake up ???

1 Like

When they released the costumes for S1 heroes there were only a few that make a difference.Kadilen Marjana Leonidas. The rest were only good for the boosted stats.
Same here. I dont see why someone would choose LoL Costume instead the original version where the mana cut is instant.
But ok generally speaking most of the costumes are good.
Dont see they hype about Rumpelstiltskin though

Is the max damage output from Snow White’s costume a bit higher than her normal?