🍵 Costumed Cheshire Cat – 4* Dark/Purple from Riddles of Wonderland

New Riddles of Wonderland Hero Costume is released: Costumed Cheshire Cat

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Cheshire Cat, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Cheshire Cat.

Costumed Cheshire Cat

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Rogue
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Challenge Festival Wonderland
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Razor Smile
  • Rearranges the enemy positions randomly.
  • All Holy enemies get -34% defense for 4 turns.
  • All enemies receive 364 Bleed damage over 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Wonderland Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Costume bonus is change to match with other Epic challenge event heroes
    • Attack is increased from 735 to 749.
    • Defense is increased from 632 to 644.
    • Health is increased from 1081 to 1122.
  • Aether power is changed from Dodge to Ailment Immunity.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 5 of Challenge Event Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Cheshire Cat ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Cheshire Cat.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Cheshire Cat and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Cheshire Cat worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Cheshire Cat on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Cheshire Cat ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Cheshire Cat as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Cheshire Cat Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Cheshire Cat’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Cheshire Cat and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Cheshire Cat, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Cheshire Cat when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Cheshire Cat, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Cheshire Cat (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Cheshire Cat), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Costumed Cheshire Cat (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Cheshire Cat worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Cheshire Cat would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Cheshire Cat’s Primary Purpose is?

• Enemy Position Reorganizer
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Cheshire Cat compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Cheshire Cat’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Cheshire Cat’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Cheshire Cat is better ?

• Normal Cheshire Cat
  • Costumed Cheshire Cat
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Cheshire Cat worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Cheshire Cat is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Cheshire Cat is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Cheshire Cat worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Cheshire Cat then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

The only use for Cheshire Cat is titans and the costume gives less -defence than the regular version. Makes no sense at all.

5 Likes

I pulled him, but not looking like any level of priority to level him…

It seems only the Aether Power is changed.
Polls are now enabled.

Is the costume bonus a little low ? It looks they hasn’t changed from the buff update a few months ago.

1 Like

Yes, it seems. I am notifing Staff about it.

Well they have to release a bunch or costumes that make no sense too!!

???
-_-

He has a niche in bloody battle and other tournaments too. Moving a troublesome tank and afflicting non-cleansable poison can be useful. It’s a shame the bleed isn’t non-cleansible too.

1 Like

Balance update

Staff has fixed the costume bonus for this costume.

2 Likes

More def down and less of the other stuff would have been the way to make this costume interesting!

1 Like

The only use of C. Cat is as a feeder to level up other heroes!
Even on yellow titans its useless, there are other much better defdown heroes, even plain old Tiburtus is better!

10% less defdown, but two turns longer and reasonable damage.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Pretty much just a DOT stacker now. If they knew how to make him different, they have him do DOT amp instead

I actually won’t necessarily say he’s useless now as his main strategy is still to remove a threatening tank from their position. His DD is really not that important anyways

Such an iconic character deserved a more interesting costume than a worse version of the og hero.

3 Likes

Thats a shaky strategy - better use a fast mana controller/ silencer ( e. g. Hansel or Peters) to neutralize the tank.

My vote is still useless except for levelling other heroes.

Happy gaming

Mana control is also inconsistent as there are too many ways to counter it nowadays. Against cleric and monk tanks that is a way to temporarily remove the threat without any obstacles getting in your way, unless against a taunter. Many defence teams do rely on the tank to function properly

1 Like

I think that is a bit harsh. I would not use Tiburtus over the Cat if I had both and nobody else. Certainly not for MTs or big hits, when using items. On regular old itemless 30k hits maybe yes.

And maxing tiburtus is not any cheaper than upgrading the Cat. Many people have him maxed already, but for those that don´t… I would certainly not recommend him for anything either until he gets the CB2. But then we are back to the problem of actually having that one.

So I would still say that the Cat has a very small niche for yellow titan (especially yellow MT) use. Nothing besides that and personally I don´t think I would spend the resources for such a small niche (at least I haven´t yet). But that is still quite a bit better than many other heroes that have absolutely no use at all :smiley:

I agree on this strategy and start upgrading my vanilla cat esp. for (solo) war, where i have to face the same opponent 6 times and i run out of normal tank counter :kissing_heart:

Many time tank-flank synergy is so strong and cat can remove that

Fair point, not sure anyone resists relocation.

:beers:

EDIT: Bummer the base version poison is uncleansable, but the bleed on costume can be cleansed.