ℹ Costumed Guardian Kong – 5* Fire/Red from Guardians of Teltoc

New Guardians of Teltoc Costume is released: Costumed Guardian Kong

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Guardian Kong, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Guardian Kong

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Challenge Festival Guardian
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Kong Smash
  • Deals 300% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies reflect all status effects and 115% damage back to the attacker and block other negative effects from enemies’ Ice Special Skills for 4 turns.
  • Dispells buffs from all enemies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Guardian Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

Apr 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Damage is increased from 250% to 300%
  • Attack is increased from 816 to 832
  • Defense is increased from 612 to 624
  • Health is increased from 1486 to 1542
  • The hero now dispells buffs from all enemies.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Challenge Event Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v44,v48]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Guardian Kong ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Guardian Kong.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Guardian Kong and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Guardian Kong worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Guardian Kong on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Guardian Kong ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Guardian Kong as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Guardian Kong Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Guardian Kong’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Guardian Kong and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Guardian Kong, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Guardian Kong when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Guardian Kong, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Guardian Kong (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Guardian Kong), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Guardian Kong (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Guardian Kong worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Guardian Kong would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Guardian Kong’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage and Ailment Reflecter (against Ice)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Guardian Kong compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Guardian Kong’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Guardian Kong’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Guardian Kong is better ?

• Normal Guardian Kong
  • Costumed Guardian Kong

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Guardian Kong worth giving Barbarian Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Guardian Kong is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Guardian Kong is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is this costume worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Guardian Kong then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

With increased C-Bonus that makes him less squishy and making him hit like a Mack truck with his attack and high damage special, MitsuKong will be definitely useful (notably if one does not have Mitsuko). Especially since his secondary effect of specials are different. Would not mind getting costume even if I have him twice already.

4 Likes

Mitsukong is trademark worthy! Even with Mits I’d find a place to use him, plus he hits all. Not a must have but a very solid addition with that costume bonus.

Okay he does 300% damage to all and also dispels all, he’s definitely a beast right?

4 Likes

Why his power only 806, but other heroes with costume up to 822?

2 Likes

Yes he is definitely good now, perhaps even better than Mitsuko who only deals 235% damage to three. One can argue what is better: -20% Mana or cleanse (both is not very common in red heroes) but all in all he is now a very good hero.

2 Likes

The only dispel [in fire] in the game

…Yeah, he’s good :sunglasses:

(Not to mention the Killhare damage + Mitsuko effect + cleansing without costume :sweat_smile:)

13 Likes

Now here comes the first Dispel Red Hero ever!!! Lol

1 Like

Just noticed the comparisson to killhare damage - yeah he is totally overpowered now. Same damage as killhare (300% with avg speed) with higher attack stat, full constume bonus (5/5/10/5 instead of 3/3/6/1 of killhare), no drawbacks and additional reflect AND only red cleanse in game…

I think he will get nerfed, this is just too much.

3 Likes

The OP is adjusted with these buffs since Beta

2 Likes

But weak/low in defense.

Happy gaming

1 Like

Not sure what I’m going to do with him yet but I got him. Was hoping for Finley but such is life…

6 Likes

:point_up: Killhare damage with 832 base attack. Thankfully, we can just stack blue to… Oh wait… :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Of course the one and only red dispeller they release is a costumed hero with portal odds that are crazy low. Color me surprised.

literally highest odds portal in game…

3 Likes

You are right. My bad. Still need more red dispellers.

1 Like

10 pull, got him.
Looks solid to me, since i got rings and aethers aswell, might even LB him.

1 Like

Iv always wanted a kong my fire team has wilbur, in it so the dispel at the end could be a pain … Might be worth using regular version …
Dont have just thinking out loud :rofl:

1 Like

Imagine this handsome boy paired up with Boldtusk and Wilbur, he would surely wreck havoc against the enemies :grin::grin:

3 Likes