:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Guardians of Teltoc Guardians
Image Aether Power Description
rage Rage At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% attack, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Lord of the Jungle
  • Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies get +94% defense against Ice for 4 turns.
  • Dispels status ailments from all allies.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

NOTE: This image hasn’t been updated yet with the May 2020 Balance Update

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Guardian Kong was buffed in May 2020 to deal additional damage & get a cleanse.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Official Announcement: May 2020 Balance Update - Details & Release Notes

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

Apr 2024

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many Summons are needed to get this Hero?

It’s important to remember that Heroes have low Summoning odds. No amount of Summoning will guarantee a Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Guardian Kong.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Kong by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Kong by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Kong by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Guardian Kong by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Kong by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Kong

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Guardian Kong by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Guardian Kong

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

:link: Related Threads:

Balance Changes:

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guardian Kong (post release)

Is Guardian Kong worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many Guardian Kongs would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Guardian Kong’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Damage & Support Hybrid
  • Attack Oriented Support hero (Buffer)
  • Defence Oriented Support Hero (Buffer)
  • General Support Hero

0 voters

What do you think of Guardian Kong compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Guardian Kong’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Guardian Kong worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Guardian Kong is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Guardian Kong will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Is Guardian Kong female?

1 Like

Who knows. Changed to “Him” but hey :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think the new term to use is ‘they’ …

1 Like

Well Kongs special is “Lord of the jungle”

So i’d assume by that, Kong is male.

Just taken my Kong to 3rd ascension. Hoping to use him in a team with Gazelle

2 Likes

But that is plural form… what about “it”?

What is Guardian Kong title? (The one you can read if you click the :mag: button at the top left corner)

Perhaps that contain information. (We know Skittleskull is female from that)

“Chieftain of Teltoc”

So he is a male. Otherwise the term is Chieftess for a female, apparently

3 Likes

Not Chieftess so it seems Kong is male.

1 Like

I personally would love Kong he seems like an AoE magni, high atk stat, abysmal def, and moderate hp. 220 to all is a higher percent than elena does and he is at average speed. I get that he doesnt have the coolest secondary eff but neither does magni…

(and b4 people compare him to the other 5* AoE's)

For the generation of hero he was released in its my opinion that he is pretty powerful and the only thing I would change would be to give his def buff to a) allies near by or b) reduce to 64% and give to all allies

and if you think his damage is too low (and you want another ursena walking around) just up it to 240%

1 Like

It was on the news at the weekend, that people who do not recognise their ■■■ as Male or female now use the term they …

That is confusing… In my native language there is no difference of third person singular for male or female.

Sniper don’t really need secondary.

Guardian Kong def. fits the bill as being a possible candidate for They/Them pronouns. There are a few other heroes I can think of as well but its not really my place to assign genders. Below is a link to the singular They.

Singular They

Singular they - Wikipedia

1 Like

It is used for unspecified antecendent such as someone or journalist… Kong is specified… Still I prefer a different word because it is confusing to use a plural word for a single specified person.

1 Like

I was referring to this section, but nonetheless you are correct, the developers have defined kongs status.

They/Them

The increased use of singular they may owe in part to an increasing desire for gender-neutral language. A solution in formal writing has often been to write " he or she" , or something similar, but this is often considered awkward or overly politically correct, particularly when used excessively.[84][85] In 2016, the journal American Speech published a study by Darren K. LaScotte investigating the pronouns used by native English speakers in informal written responses to questions concerning a subject of unspecified gender, finding that 68% of study participants chose singular they to refer to such an antecedent. Some participants noted that they found constructions such as “he or she” inadequate as they do not include people who do not identify as either male or female.

1 Like
Interesting Classification

According to the Oxford Dictionary of English, the etymology of the word can be traced back to the Old English word hlāford which originated from hlāfweard meaning “loaf-ward” or “bread keeper”, reflecting the Germanic tribal custom of a chieftain providing food for his followers.[3] The appellation “lord” is primarily applied to men, while for women the appellation “lady” is used. However, this is no longer universal: the Lord of Mann, a title currently held by the Queen of the United Kingdom, and female Lord Mayors are examples of women who are styled Lord.

1 Like

Well but we have Lady of the Lake, so with that context we can conclude that Guardian Kong is male because he is referred as Lord/Chieftain instead of Lady/Chieftess.

Speaking of genderless, I think Gadeirus is one. I never refer Gadeirus as he/she, always use the name (Gadeirus)… having different pronoun for different gender is troublesome for writer/speaker… Lucky for me, the pronoun in my language is gender neutral :grin:

Gaderirus is very interesting indeed I always assumed gady was genderless since the depiction is a sentient rock. What language do you speak naturally Yelnats?

Obligatory Kong stuff:

Obligatory Kong stuff: I hate the headdress and the staff but the rest of the armour can stay. Also is the jungle they are lord over a part of Teltoc? I want some more lore SGG :rofl:

3 Likes

Indonesian :indonesia:

2 Likes

Calling the lore master @JonahTheBard :laughing:

2 Likes