šŸ•µ Captain Nemo ā€“ S4 Hero ā€“ 5* Fire/ Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Captain Nemo

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Fighter
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.

:hourglass: Ability: Start Battle With Mana ā€“ This hero receives 20% mana at the start of the battle.

:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Increased Damage Against Boosted Health
After this character casts their Special Skill cast, all alliesā€™ normal attacks and Special Skills deal +70% damage against targets with boosted health for 3 turns .

:dizzy: Special Skill: Captainā€™s Cutlass

• Deals 300% damage to the target
  • Deals 600% damage if the caster has status ailments or negative stacks

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 20% / 24% / 28% / 32% / 36% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 50 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Dec 2023

May 2024

Jun 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There are no changes to this hero from last seen beta build.

Beta Info: :test_tube: Early Information on ROUND 2 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v37]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of this hero?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on this hero.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to this hero and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is this hero worth summoning for?
  • Would you use this hero on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?
  • Which heroes on your Roster best pair with this hero?
  • What heroes would you take when facing this hero as an opponent?
  • Would you give this hero Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?
  • What do you think of this hero special?
  • What do you think of this hero character design?
  • If you Summoned this hero and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned this hero and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of this hero when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about this hero, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving this hero (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving this hero), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Featured Legendary Hero?

Itā€™s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 3.3% chance of summoning this hero ( Featured ).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 9 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Featured this hero by pull 30
  • 28 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Featured this hero by pull 100
  • 50 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Featured this hero by pull 300
  • 95 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Featured this hero by pull 898
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Featured this hero by pull 1380

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 91 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Featured this hero by the 30th pull.
  • If 1 Million players each spent $83.99 USD to summon 30 times, 904,687 of those players wouldnā€™t get Featured this hero.
  • 28 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Featured this hero by the 100th pull.
  • If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 716,133 of those players wouldnā€™t get Featured this hero.
  • 1 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Featured this hero by the 1,380th pull.
  • If 1 Million players each each spent $3,863.61 USD to summon 1,380 times, 9,975 of those players wouldnā€™t get Featured this hero.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

11 Likes

Created because this thread didnā€™t exist
Feedback Poll

:question: What do you think of this hero compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than most
  • On par with most (average)
  • Little weaker than most
  • Completely broken (under powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of this hero would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: How do you think this hero is best used?

• PVP Raids/War Attack
  • War/normal defense
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
  • Titans
  • Farming

0 voters

Probably did a few things wrongā€¦Iā€™ll do better next time

10 Likes

Clarification: 600% damage happens when caster has a status ailment not the target

Iā€™ve seen quite a few posts in other threads about this and expect to link to this post from time to time

3 Likes

Apparently I pay attention to the ā€˜normal stuff people donā€™t pay attention toā€™ tab. It belongs to hannah

1 Like

Find and replace all ā€œHannahā€ with ā€œthis heroā€. Probably some oddities in there, but itā€™s good enough.

1 Like

Just got him and Iā€™m looking forward to leveling him. Love that he is fighter class, but wish I had the emblems to throw on him lol. He has a lot of good competition for those emblems

1 Like

It use to have a poll for assessing if a hero is worth summoning for nop?

I left off several poll questions.

Partially due to my sanity of creating them. But also based on which questions I find valuable.
I donā€™t see how ā€œis this hero worth summoning forā€ was helpful so Iā€™m open to being educated. I think the ā€œwhat do you thinkā€ poll covers how strong the hero is.

3 Likes

I think some people should know he is not worth summoning for ahahah

1 Like

Then this is a great thread to share your opinion on that topic.

IMO this hero is not worth ascending past 3.70. His entire schtick on attack is predicated on him (the caster) being debuffed. 9/10 times this means you have to force the defense to fire on you first just so you can fire him at 100% effectiveness. This is obviously not ideal since most likely your entire team or 2-3 of them are debuffed as well. Without the bonus damage, he is probably no better than Marjana or Yang Mai in terms of special damage.

4 Likes

I find him mainly usefull against bera tanks although have in mind that the first cast only need 6 tiles to be available which mean it will most likely be ready before any ailments is appliedā€¦

How did you get to 4 tiles? I would have thought 6 tiles.

He start with 20% mana so 1.6 tiles of value for a fast speed hero and he is down to 7 with a mana troop 29 or 23 + 2% talent. Indeed 5.4 rounded to 6

1 Like

Level 29 mana troop and class talent maxes you out at +17% mana. That gets you to 7 tiles. The extra 20% starts you with 1.6 tiles. Still need 5-6 tiles.
I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to bring him down to 4 right off of the bat.

2 Likes

As far as Iā€™m aware, bringing him to 4 tiles would require

8/(0.2*8+4)*100%-100%ā‰ˆ42.86%

So a mana bonus of at least 43%, since 42% wouldnā€™t be enough. A level 29 mana troop gives you 15% and fighter class emblem node 19 +2%. That means you need an additional buff of 26%. Heroes that come to mind with a buff that high would be Mica at 2x charge and costume Yunan. This assuming my math is correct.

2 Likes

But how many Beras, Friggs, Morels, etc do you face? I think this guy will be pretty good. Sure, heā€™s just a normal boring sniper, but there arenā€™t many red ones out there. Gefjon is better for sure as is Marjana with costume bonus for a sniper, but I donā€™t have either of those. Nemo will do just fine for me and heā€™ll get my rings.

3 Likes

Yes true bad calculation sorry its down to 6 still too fast probably to already have an ailment when charged most of the time :confused:

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d put some things into perspective. Hereā€™s an alliance mateā€™s Gefjon.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a max attack build or what. And for comparison hereā€™s Nemo at 80 without any emblems.

The limit broken Gefjon has a flat power of 961*5=4805. Meanwhile at 600% Nemo does 821*6=4926. Let that sink in for a minute. It is conditional, but in the current meta the condition isnā€™t hard to meet and he hits hard. Of course Gefjon can deal ā€œextra damageā€ by stealing minions, but thatā€™s conditional too.

Not saying heā€™s the greatest hero in the game, but to those saying heā€™s not that great, come on people.

19 Likes

Letā€™s compare at equal footing (not mine).

I assume itā€™s full attack, but canā€™t confirm!

22 Likes