Xie Zi Jing - 5* Dark / Purple from Journey family

New Journey hero is released: Xie Zi Jing

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Xie Zi Jing, as well as your thoughts on Xie Zi Jing.

Xie Zi Jing

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Fighter
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1105 1052 1864
4/90 1264 1203 2133
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Journey
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Mana on Buff Received
This character has a 50% chance to recover 10% mana when they receive a buff or possitve stack
:hourglass: Ability: Health Recovery on Buff Received
This character has a 50% chance to recover 10% health when they receive a buff or possitve stack.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Wrathful Sting
  • The Special Skill ignores Dodge effects.
  • Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies.
  • Target and nearby enemies receive 936 Poison damage over 3 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Journey family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:
50% / 75% / 100% chance to increase the duration of each status effect that is cast by the hero by 1 / 2 / 3 turns.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 978 to 1025.
  • Defense is increased from 947 to 976.
  • Health is increased from 1627 to 1730.
  • Dodge ignoring skill is moved to the first skill from the second place, and it is reworded a bit.
  • Now the hero dispells buffs from nearby enemies too.
  • The poison damage is increased from 894 to 936.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 6 of Journey Hero - Xie Zi Jing [Part of The Beta Beat v63]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Xie Zi Jing ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Xie Zi Jing.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Xie Zi Jing and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Xie Zi Jing worth summoning for?

• Would you use Xie Zi Jing on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Xie Zi Jing ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Xie Zi Jing as an opponent?

• Would you give Xie Zi Jing Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Xie Zi Jing’s character design?

• If you Summoned Xie Zi Jing and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Xie Zi Jing, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Xie Zi Jing when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Xie Zi Jing, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Xie Zi Jing (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Xie Zi Jing), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Xie Zi Jing (post release)

:question: Is Xie Zi Jing worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Xie Zi Jing would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Xie Zi Jing’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Xie Zi Jing compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Xie Zi Jing’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Xie Zi Jing’s Base Stats?

Note this means Xie Zi Jing’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Xie Zi Jing worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Xie Zi Jing is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Xie Zi Jing is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Xie Zi Jing worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Xie Zi Jing then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
2 Likes

Useless!

1 Like

Is that all?

1 Like

I really hope they buff this hero. This hotm does a better job at VF speed.
I’m not pulling for it but if I were to get him, I would want a reason to level it up.

1 Like

People are complaining about this?! Fast 900 damage to all. Guaranteed and without any possibility to avoid it via counterattack, dodge or ailment immunity buff?! And fighter class?!
You guys are funny!

6 Likes

The poison is only to 3 enemies. And 900 isn’t a lot considering toons have 4K HP with legendary troops. And those passives can withstand that poison.
And it says it bypasses dodge effects. Meaning Kadilen and Bastet can’t block it. But it can still be blocked by ailment immunity.

6 Likes

As it is now (tomorrow it might be different):

• It’s 900 damage to 3, not all;
  • You have to wait 3 turns for full damage;
  • Only target gets dispelled, not target and flanks, so if buff-blocked then it’s resisted by flanks. And even with dispel it won’t do anything once Aramis has fired.

Besides this, there is plenty of heroes that outright resist poison or at least its damage (Gargoyles) or have heavy chance to resist it (Toons).

As it is, it’s lame, especially when compared to Chang’e and Sha.

4 Likes

this one will be buffed on release thats for sure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hope so, but not necessarily. SGG likes to put one hero in each portal that can be defined, going by Tv Tropes, as Junk Rare: rare stuff that is just crap. Mok-Arr in S2, Salmon Loki in S3, Exeera in S3, Set in S5, Tenebrae in Covenant Portal, Guardian Owl for OG Guardians and so on… So Xie Zi Jing might be one for W3K/Journey.

2 Likes

I was about to say “but it debuffs first!”… But then realised that’s only to the target. Soooo. Yeah. Will almost certainly be buffed tomorrow.

3 Likes

they have enough “old crap” already in this portal - everyone is outdated except sha change & erlang and maybe with some good will liu bei & diaO are at least kind OF useable

It’s like her and S4 exeera are fighting for who’s the least ■■■■■■■■ one

Exeera- can’t hit blue but is aoe. Not a common DOT

XZJ- only hits three. One of the most common DOTs in the game,

Her dodge skill is worthless except for a small handful of Dodgers. One priority dispel in today’s raid scene is equivalent to 0 dispels. Unless you’re just dispelling the taunter who is supported by kadilen, idk

Also btw 2lb Set is surprisingly decent

When they add a gick hero, it’s not so you’ll spend to get it, it’s so it slashes the odds for all the ones you will spend to get.

2 Likes

With 2 other journey family members i guess the undispellable poison gets extended to 6 turns at roughly 300 per turn ( im guessing higher with emblems/ troops/ lb)

3 Likes

Is it just me or do the developers hate the purple heroes in this portal? I’m serious. Not a single purple hero from this portal seems to be desired by the forum and it seems kinda tone deaf that the developers haven’t seen the data and adjusted accordingly. Could it be that the data line is just an excuse they use when it’s convenient? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

She is slightly better now with the dispel to 3 and the dispel cannot miss as well

2 Likes

Slightly, not much of a sting in her tail!

I have always known that this hero was female, but I was not prepared to see how goofy she looked :rofl:
I was not expecting The Rock’s scorpion king form

4 Likes

lol she does look awful and the Rock looked a lot better!