🤺 Villiers – 4* Nature / Green from Brave Musketeers

New Brave Musketeers hero is released: Villiers

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Villiers, as well as your thoughts on Villiers.

Villiers

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Wizard
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 755 738 1304
4/80 875 856 1512
Origin Family
Brave Musketeers Musketeer
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Damage on Special Skill and Cover Damage
When this character receives damage from Special Skills or in place of a character in Cover, there’s a 60% chance of deal 20% of the received damage on all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: The Duke’s Investigation
  • Deals 165% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summon a Spy Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages the enemy with 45% attack every turn.
  • The Spy Fiend absorbs healing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 30% of its target’s max health.
  • At the end of each turn, the Spy Fiend steals one of its target’s dispellable buffs and gives it to one character on the opposite team.
  • Caster regenerates 324 HP over 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Passive change:

• Dealt damage is changed to 20% from 25%.

Family bonus change:

• The taken damage is change to 90% / 80% / 70% from 50% / 25% / 10%.

Hero change:

• Damage is reduced to 165% from 215%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Brave Musketeers Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Villiers ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Villiers.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Villiers and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Villiers worth summoning for?

• Would you use Villiers on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Villiers ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Villiers as an opponent?

• Would you give Villiers Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Villiers’s character design?

• If you Summoned Villiers and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Villiers, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Villiers when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Villiers, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Villiers (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Villiers), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Villiers (post release)

:question: Is Villiers worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Villiers would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Villiers’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Fiend Summoner
  • Buff Stealer (by Fiends)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Villiers compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Villiers’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Villiers’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Villiers worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Villiers is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Villiers is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Villiers worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Villiers then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

This one will be very handy. Buff stealing isn’t something that is readily available (and by fiends nobody does it). Would be fun to see how it deals with HoT buffs and the like.

2 Likes

I see 165% damage to target and nearbys.
Which is kinda pathetic.

4 Likes

As a damage dealer? Yes.

But his buff steal, fiend dot, and healing restriction makes me think he’s more support, especially if his cover activates. Definitely going the shield and heart path for this one’s emblems.

2 Likes

Yes, but the fiends are artificial damage, absorbing healing…30% of full health is a pretty good chunk of healing to take away.

1 Like

He is buff stealer, use him against heroes like Ludwig, BK and other heavy strong buffers and he will shine.

6 Likes

this will be common :rofl:

6 Likes

Looks like you got yourself the 3 musketeers

15 Likes

You and me both. Not the results I was looking for lol

1 Like

Got nerfed to hit only 3 targets. Not sure if he’s good now. I have 2 now and would probably train both, seeing that I am lacking diaochan

Well…he took a beating coming out of BETA! Damage reduced from 215 to 165. AND the fiends reduced from all to target and nearby. Went from solid 4* hero to bench warmer IMO

1 Like

In the summons of the portal, villiers is the hero that most comes out of the event, he can make 100 summons that come out only him and sometimes QUEEN ANNE, this I see in several videos and from my own experience too, but you describe him only in the letter, I would like to know the name of his special skill in the event and what his special skill does in the event, can you write it here?

1 Like

He does exactly what his special says.

As long as the enemies have the fiends, one buff os each enemy that has the fiend is stolen and distributed along the allies

Very funny using

Tested in the event and in 2 turns counter and defense up we’re stolen

He’s the next in line after Xandrella

3 Likes

I’ve got 8 out 44 summons and kept one but I am unimpressed. He is so niche

I love these heroes with different mechanics. It turns the game more fun

Not always they end up bringing me more cups

But the fun is certain

3 Likes

Ya’ll let me know if ya’ll find a really good synergy with this guy… I guess setting him off before ludwig… stealing the taunt and the mana ups… but otherwise… I’m not so sure about this fella.

This guy seems having some potential with his fiends. However, his def stats as a 4 star make his “Cover skill” became Suicide skill :joy:

2 Likes

I think if it as 10% less damage… But it feels like the first mechanic was way to overpowered so the fixed it by pulling a number out of a hat…

1 Like

Yes, they nerfed him and Queen Anne compared with innitial introducing.