Titan Scoring

That casts out my idea that you go down when you lose one I suppose. Weird how you don’t gain any ground after two 8* kills. Thanks for adding the info :slight_smile:

Er was my data confuzzling in it’s presentation? It may be, that was the score after the kill, so we did gain ground for the kraken 8* kill. Should I have labeled it differently? We can do whatever format you want Viv I was just making crap up as I went haha.

I didn’t post anything before the emperor kill because I wasn’t keeping track of the titan score

This was from last night (not sure exactly the time):

This was from just right now:

We killed a 5* yesterday, with a 6* escapee before that.

Oh no new one is on top. Good grief my wits are right out the window today :slight_smile: Youre fine with as is I just assumed top one was yesterdays and didn’t double check. Your way works

1 Like

Good point I’ll put a date by it too why not?

Sure that’d work too

@Rook @Vivenna @Revelate

Like Rook hinted at, it may take quite some time to spot what’s going on. It may be some fancy-decay formula, it may be based on the last 20 titans killed, it may be based on the last 30 titans (killed or not).

For simplicity’s sake, imagine that it’s simply based on a total of the last 10:

6*, 6*, 7*, 7* , 7* (escape)
5*, 5*, 6*, 6* (at this point, several members leave, just bear with me)

and then 6* (escape)

At this point, you look at your alliance score, which may factor in that you had been fighting 5/6/7 star. As your alliance recovers and you start downing more 5* titans, those higher ones fall off your history, and even though you’re WINNING your titan score seems to drop.

Now granted, that may be an extreme example, but the point is, you won’t be able to spot the real trend without a lot of data.

The long and short of it is: “Beat strong titans and it goes up”

EDIT: TL; DR: Kills from the past month even may be messing with the numbers you’re considering now, so it may take time to figure out.

1 Like

What I don’t know is, is there a decay or freeze effect when a player (or players) leave an alliance? Based on how they phrase it, I’d say no, but just wondering…

I was wondering that too I’d only noticed it at first because someone had dropped for a bit came back and our Titan score was lower. Until then I hadn’t even noticed they changed it and started the decay (Not saying I have a problem with that change I think it actually let’s other alliances catch up and makes things more competitive)

So it does decay without having killed or lost to another titan which I guess was sort of obvious in retrospect.

Course it would have to do so when I was sleeping heh, somewhere in a six hour window. Need to add to the data to try to tease out what @Penari suggested, rough time that a titan was killed as well to see if we can get it to line up.

Score record:

6/17/17 - 6:59 AM PST Emperor 8* / kill / 39382
6/18/17 - 8:19 AM PST Kraken 8* / kill / 40613
6/18/17 - 10:15 PM PST / 40613
6/19/17 - 4:32 AM PST / 38582
6/19/17 - 8:34 AM PST / 38582
6/19/17 - 8:42 AM PST Volcanic 9* / escape / 39630

This is going to be a bit hard, but I think to tackle this we just need to be logging and time stamping Titan kills (within reason, people’s loot posts on LINE after a kill should be close enough to accurate for what we need) and then at some point in the future one of us can catch a drop at a specific time and we can just count backwards potentially… as I strongly suspect that the titan score changes when a titan falls out of the scoring range. It does appear to only decay the one time in the titan period.

Thoughts?

ETA: updated and changed format, also now going down viv you were right as this gets longer that makes more sense, our score increased with a titan escaping, funny.

2 Likes

How much dmg did you do before it escaped? Are they taking those factors into account?

I got a screen shot of the damage stats, I can sum that up to check later, it wasn’t close though probably down to like 40% as we sort of goofed on communication.

Been busy with other stuff but have taken various pictures, but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the titan score may have more to do with being active or what titan gets sent rather than wins and losses.

Deserves more analysis but this is now twice we have gained on escapes, actually as near as I can tell we have gone up after every titan fight regardless of win or loss.

I don’t have the history to know what came before in my alliance, we may have to track this for a while and with a lack of other contributors this is probably going to remain a curiosity.

3 Likes

Please track. I, for one, am very curious!

I’m sorry, I’ve been juggling other chainsaws and I forgot about this one. Is anyone still tracking their Titan score affecting their overall score? I, er, dropped the bowling ball…

I forgot this thread was in here…

At one point I had an alliance with my mini just for testing. Playing only with 1* titans with the same level of hit points is definitely the easiest way to test a lot of the theories for alliance points! Amount of damage at time of escape does affect how many alliance points are awarded for an escaped titan.

I was just about to do some testing on whether speed of kill made a difference, but the alliance was taken over for expansion of my Mixed Nuts. My mini account is trapped in there right now. I’m interested in hearing more though!

Would like to figure if degradation of alliance points is steady, tiered, or if the titan points for the kill just drop off as new ones replace the old on a list of like the 30 past kills.

3 Likes

Actually we got close to a nailed down titan score decay yesterday; it appears on napkin math that there may only be 20 titans on the scorecard.

I’ve only ever seen one decay time and that probably corresponds with the titan falling off… if anyone can sanity check see if your score decay time is roughly 3 hours (and some additional change because of titan spawn and results processing times apparently) it’d be greatly appreciated.

Did you nail down what percentages were for escape and what not Copper? I may move my own alt into something similar since it’s no longer in a real alliance just to play with it… maybe when I have more time after next week.

And yeah, think we all sorta lost interest / forgot about the thread :).

1 Like

I was only looking for yes/no on whether or not % damage done on an escaping titan affected the alliance points received. I wasn’t able to get any farther than that at the time. I was just starting to look at speed of kill, and don’t have any data points (I had to clear out screenshots. It was too overwhelming to sift through. ) Same for time shots of alliance points for rate of degradation.

Closing this thread. Revelate did end up working out the titan scoring in this post!

There’s a few other details from Revelate further down in that thread as well.

1 Like