đŸ” Thunderclap – 5* Holy / Yellow from Jungle Hunters

New Jungle Hunter hero is released: Thunderclap

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Thunderclap, as well as your thoughts on Thunderclap.

Thunderclap

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Fighter
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 927 941 1736
4/90 1061 1076 1986
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Jungle Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
taunt Taunt At the start of each battle, this Hero gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the Hero’s allies for 3 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Damage Over Time on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunter’s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Hunter’s Vigor
When this character casts their Special Skill, they get +20% attack for 3 turns. This effect can be active in addition to other effects that alter attack.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Warcry of the Jungle
  • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 5 turns.
  • The caster regenerates 1250 boosted health over 5 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • Deals 500 - 1000 damage to all enemies after 5 turns, based on the damage the caster had taken while this effect was active. Maximum effect is achieved upon taking 50% of max health in damage.
  • Stack (Max: 10): The caster get +25% attack against weaker element.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Jungle Hunter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% HP,

Monster Island Bonus
Heroes belonging to the Plains Hunter and Jungle Hunter family receive the following perks on Monster Island:

• +20% attack, +20% defense, +20% health
  • 50% less permanent damage taken.
  • Stack (Max 10): When this character casts their Special Skill, all enemies get -3% defense

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Taunt duration is increased to 5 from 4.
  • HP boost over time increased to 1250 from 1000 over 5 turns instead of 4.
  • Delayed damage is done after 5 turns instead of 4.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Round 2 of New Jungle Hunter Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Thunderclap ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Thunderclap.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Thunderclap and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Thunderclap worth summoning for?

• Would you use Thunderclap on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Thunderclap ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Thunderclap as an opponent?

• Would you give Thunderclap Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Thunderclap’s character design?

• If you Summoned Thunderclap and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Thunderclap, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Thunderclap when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Thunderclap, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Thunderclap (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Thunderclap), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Thunderclap (post release)

### :question: Is Thunderclap worth Summoning For?
  • Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Thunderclap would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Thunderclap’s Primary Purpose is?

• Taunter
  • HP Booster (Over Time)
  • Delayed Damage Dealer
  • Attack Buffer (Stack)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Thunderclap compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Thunderclap’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Thunderclap’s Base Stats?

Note this means Thunderclap’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Thunderclap worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Thunderclap is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Thunderclap is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Thunderclap worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Thunderclap then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

Do we know his Aether Power?

Rush war nightmare.

20 yikes

3 Likes

Taunts have 3 Rounds Taunt as Ether Power LB II.

2 Likes

So what happens with dealing 500-1000 if he fires again before 4 turns? If he is kept being taunt, will he loose the damage part?
In that case, he becomes useless.

Happy gaming

4 Likes

Looks like he has been changed but not quite sure if it’s a nerf or a buff (or perhaps both that counteract one another). On one hand he has taunt for an extra turn (5) and slightly more boosted health (1250), but on the other hand it also takes one turn longer for him to deal the 500-1000 damage giving the opponents more time to prepare for this :thinking:

7 Likes

Yeah he got buff and nerf both. Still really useful for rush attack.

Just pulled him :blush:

19 Likes

Congrats @Dessertrose he seems like a fun hero and I actually quite like this King Kong looking art :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

If he fires again within 5 turns the damage component of his special does not reset

15 Likes

Ridiculous hero
 on the oder hand the v58 nerfs, on the other hand this OP-Taunter.

3 Likes

I actually think he is weak. He has no defense buffs, only overheal but could be easily killed. Ludwig is sturdier and does more faster, imo
I could be wrong here, does anyone see what I don’t?

6 Likes

Congrats just pulled him as well. Was working on sir Roostley but turned to Thunderclap for now. Will be useful to me.

3 Likes

Congrats @leejow he is a good hero :blush:

Seems like a very powerful hero! blows dust off Kageburado

3 Likes

A taunt hero that gives up to 1000 damage for accumulated hits received during taunt, Zynga is shameless with all their talk of fairness & reducing the power disparity bs.

5 Likes

Self healing taunter who can dish out damage after 4 turns. Not bad. If there is a weakness, it’s probably the dispel. That’ll take away the taunt, but more importantly take away the delayed damage. If only he was built like Gullinbursti and still deal damage after being dispelled.

2 Likes

I will say at least it doesn’t have the defense against special like the other taunts, makes it a little more manageable

2 Likes

Don’t get this hero actually. 4 turns was a lot, and now it’s 5, and you need only one dispel to competely neuter him.

Other slow taunters give something immediately to his Brothers in arms - buffs, Mana gain (Ludwig), so you need two dispels to get rid of the special.

Here - it’s only one, and you have 5 turns to either kill him or just dispel.

4 Likes

I think He was unnecessarily narfed.

Taunt skill increased? I think it’s nerfing in his case. Other hero’s taunt will not protect him 5 tern from cleanses. It means He is for attack only.

He is slow and makes damage ONLY 50% of max HP after 5 TERN. I think most of case, he can’t makes damage in defense.

Hope they change something for him.
I was disappointed by this portal.

3 Likes