Summoning "strategy"

Hey guys I may have 5200 gems come Pirates. It’s my least favourite event but I am interested in Telluria.

My options are:

Summon 20 in Pirates OR
Summon 10 in costume/Atlantis/Season 3

What do you think I should do lol

Assume: Costume, Atlantis, Season 3 are all of equal interest to me. Perhaps slightly greater interest in costumes

But as @korf sorta said I may not appreciate how good the season 3 cards are just yet

I have no 5* heroes from any event or Atlantis.

I have not summoned in Pirates or Guardians before

Thanks all

1 Like

With your goal being Telluria I would skip pirates and go with Atlantis/S3 (two shots)/costumes.

Pirates’ just has too many “just adequate” heroes that I feel in a diluted pool why pursue more diluted opportunities.

3 Likes

I may have made a bad assumption - I thought summoning costs for S3 are 3000 per 10 pull? If so I won’t have enough for two lots of 10 for S3

1 Like

You’re correct. I just meant that you have two opportunities to choose S3 as your summoning option (Sunday this week or the end of the month).

2 Likes

How many gems do you get on average a month?

As you are F2P & they typically have a pretty deep roster dependent on S1 vanilla heroes, I would probably:
Summon 10x in Costumes & Summon 10x in Guardians (if it were me) = 5600 gems total

S3 you will have plenty of time to get coins etc… & get the heroes… added that they won’t have all the heroes in the summon pool.

Pirates haven’t got the BEST options in terms of “realistically obtainable heroes”… Some of the 5* are great but you’re more likely to be getting the 3* & 4* heroes…

Best Place to Spend Gems for Summons

From a previous thread:

Note this was posted Pre-Costumes & Pre-Season 3…
Costumes would probably slot in before/after Atlantis (depending on if you are starting or finished atlantis coins). Season 3 wouldn’t factor in yet as the hero pool isn’t full & more heroes are to come.

Personal Ranking of the Events in terms of REALISTIC Summons

Ranking the Event Summons based on 4* heroes:

In terms of the 3* hero’s good-ness:

1. Knights of Avalon - Bauchen is really really good in the 3* arena… solid in tournaments & monthly events
  2. Wonderland - Shrubbear is a really great tank/flank for tournaments
  3. Fables of Grimforest - 3* mana controller in Pixie… pretty sick!
  4. Guardians of Teltoc - Bat is a good sniper but I haven’t been over-awed by him as yet…
  5. Pirates of Corelia - Vodnik doesn’t offer much “outstanding” stuff… Gato is better in pretty much every situation

Taking in the 3* heroes it probably modifies a little bit:

1. Guardians - The 4* are amazing & bat is pretty solid
  2. Fables of Grimforest - 4* are still really good & little pixie is an extension of them… comes a VERY close second IMO to guardians.
  3. Avalon - Bauchen is really good for the 3* events… not good enough tho to close/ overtake the mana controlers & elemental debuffers
  4. Wonderland - I would say that Shrubbear is good enough to bump ahead of pirates…
  5. Pirates - vodnik doesn’t offer much…
3 Likes

Maybe 400-600, I’m not sure. Ask @yelnats_24 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes I think that is my dilemma!! I want costumes for the 4* healers

I think I’ll use @voidstrike’s approach and see how I feel in the 12 hour Telluria window. Might use my free summon first and take it from there…

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, it took me about 30-40 costume summons to get all the 4* ones… The slackers were BT & Sonya… Picked up Mel & Rigard in the first summons I did.

2 Likes

Did you get any 5* costumes with the 30-40 pulls?

From memory think he got at least Wooden Jester Horghall

1 Like

I have yes, but I reported all that on different threads…

This response is off topic so I’ll respond but keep it all hidden.

Click to view response

No evidence/post of my very first ever costume summons (in V1 of the costume portal) where I didn’t get a 5* one but got all 3* heroes & Mel + Rigard

Got Horghall in Jan off a key summon:

So in total I have:
Horghall, Lianna, Elena, Quintus & Richard

Missing Issy, Vivica & Joon

1 Like

dang… have you posted anywhere on your experience with using the different 5* costumes? Are you using costumed quintos in the raid tournament?

We are a long way off topic so I’ll answer but keep it all hidden:

Click for Response

I hadn’t levelled the Richard or Quintus that I already had from before costumes; still the case now so haven’t used either.

Horghall I had levelled to 3-70 already (second ever 5* hero); so have levelled the costume to 3-70 also but only for the stat boost & his use in the Trials of Fortitude.

Elena I have levelled both Costume & Base hero. Use her all the time in my Red Raid Stack in tandum with Black Knight (See here for Riposte & BK synergy)

Lianna I have levelled to max +7 emblems; costume maxed also. I predominately use the costume as in my Green Stack I focus on DoT so the mana slow is more useful than more damage for me.

900… (F2P)

I have a record breaking 1139 gems in 30 days. :wink:

2 Likes

Ok with that in mind then @FrenziedEye:

10x summons in Costume Chamber = 3,000 gems leaving you with 2,200 left over

Guardians will next feature in June which is 3 months away. 3* 900 = 2700 gems

So by June you will have 4,900 gems in total (not quite enough for 2x summons).

So in short form:

10x summons at Costumes Chamber in March (chance at costumes & also Tulleria)
10x summons at Guardians in June
10x summons at Avalon in July

2 Likes

Yes I Got two 5* costumes when recent 10 Pull, one is Richard and Second one is Joon