☀ Sobek – Season 5 Hero – 5* Ice / Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Hero is Released: Sobek

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Sobek, as well as your thoughts on him.

Sobek

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Wizard
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 925 805 1724
4/90 1059 922 1973
Origin Family
Season 5 Sun
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
60% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
* Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
* All enemies receive 246 Sand damage over 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Jaws of the River
  • Deals 290% damage to all enemies.
  • The attack bypasses defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sun Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -35% accurancy for 2 turns and 196 Burn damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

Jun3 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Sobek from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46,v47]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Sobek ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Sobek.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Sobek and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Sobek worth summoning for?

• Would you use Sobek on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Sobek ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Sobek as an opponent?

• Would you give Sobek Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Sobek’s character design?

• If you Summoned Sobek and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Sobek, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Sobek when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Sobek, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Sobek (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Sobek), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sobek (post release)

:question: Is Sobek worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Sobek would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: Sobek’s Primary Purpose is Dealing Damage.

:question: What do you think of Sobek compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Sobek’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Sobek’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Sobek worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Sobek is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Sobek is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Sobek worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Sobek then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

This one i wouldn’t mind getting. Hits harder than alot of AOE hitters. 826 dealing 290% to all, and an additional 70%, if it hits, is quite powerful.

3 Likes

This makes all dodge heroes useless.

2 Likes

@Blord Dodge heroes can still dodge. It’s not counted as a defensive buff in the game.

11 Likes

Does Sobek bypass an Ice reflect buff (i.e., Mitz, cKong)?

It should - Cobalt does and his skill is worded the same

4 Likes

Just pulled him on on a 15 pull with the coins I had and he was def one of the few i really want. These passives are getting crazy. Haha

3 Likes

My first 2 pulls and picked up 2 Sobek’s, what are the odds. :+1:

7 Likes

You should share one!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Congrats on your pulls though.

1 Like

I had pulled 2 pretty quickly as well, 2nd and 4th coin pull.

I’ve pulled him, I’m trying to decide between him and C.Lepus to take to the end.
What do people think?

1 Like

At average speed and an attack of 826 (which could go far higher with emblems and LB), 290% damage is huge. However, better than half the time the passive makes it 360% with the additional sand damage. I’d ask if the sand damage scales with attack from emblems/LB, but it hardly matters; your team is pretty much wiped regardless.

These season 5 heroes are 5* heroes in name only and largely invalidate significant portions of rosters made up of previous event and season heroes. The decision seems to have been to force players to rebuild their heroes to remain competitive, and though this has to an extent been true for every season, this power leap seems the largest by far (thanks mostly to the inclusion of vastly more deadly and overpowered passives).

10 Likes

Great point, I was wondering if I LB Sobek or C Alasie, looking more like Sobek is the obvious choice.

2 Likes

FYI, I also picked up C Finley but he’s taken second fiddle to Sobek and his brother Sobek.

4 Likes

What is the logic in your view, by setting Sobek before C.Alaisie?

C.Alaise is fast, reduce mana directly and for a few turns forward and she is great both in offense and defense. The costume make her on of the best blue. Just my view.

Happy gaming

5 Likes

Alasie-C all day everyday before Sobek. If i had another Alasie i would level her up before everyone else. Here is my. One of the best blue atm.

6 Likes

Kinda similar to Cobalt, he trades the possibility of choice and strength for consistent AoE and buff bypass. He has also the class that can benefit from those buffs that get bypassed, just like Cobalt. Not top tier but good to have.

I made out like a bandit this summons! Between 15 coin pulls & a 10-pull I got all the 3 & 4*’s, plus 2 Papyros & Sobek!! Last time I had luck like that was the first Legends Summons!

4 Likes

I pulled two as well on my first 10 pull

1 Like