Ramming Pulverizer-Who's your favorite?

I wasn’t keen to level my Tibs for that very reason. But since he’s my second of only two purple 4*, I need him. Even if he reminds me of the villain of my all time fave movie.Tiburtus

11 Likes

Not leveling Tiburtus? Inconceivable! It’s a mistake on the order of starting a land war in Asia or going up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

6 Likes

I’ve fed him enough iocaine powder, I mean other heroes, that he’s close to fully leveled now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ramming Pulverizers: who’s your favorite?

3 Likes

My assessment is biased. I have to give it to Gormek because he was my first fully leveled red 4* and my first barbarian; emblemed to +6. Lately he takes a backseat to Wilbur. I’ve since collected Tibs and Grimm and they’re progressing but not there yet.

My main account has three maxed Grimms. Very useful in war against red tanks.

Tibs has the signal merit of being a Ranger, which has a great skill for Ramming Pulverizer and the +2 mana_gen at node 8, which is superb. Level 17 mana troop gets a Tibertus+8 down to 9 tiles, whoch is effectively fast.

5 Likes

( Quickly checks Tiburtus ) Yay! I chose mana. Was worried I was going to have to spend a Reset Emblem.

Now I have to search the Forums for classes and mana node.

1 Like

He moves from warm jello to chilled jello somewhere around 4+9. He can take a shot from Lianna, given full health and an Attack-focused build, at 4+20. If you want to focus on defense/health, it will happen a bit sooner.

3 Likes

Why isn’t @KalosianPorygon all over this thread like mournfulness on a Duke?

4 Likes

Do you mean you’re afraid to spend the capes on him? He’s undoubtedly worth those if he’s currently at 3/60. 3/60 is just too squishy to use at Diamond, but 4/70 can absorb enough slash attacks or lighter-weight specials to make him likely to fire. Plus, his tile damage is really quite good.

Class-wise, he’s a barbarian, so he’s competing with the likes of GM and Kageburado for emblems, which isn’t exactly a fair fight…

Because I didn’t check this forum. :sweat_smile:
My TC13 has yet to give me a 4* - I’m currently using 3* to feed others…

1 Like

I might be stupid for doing this but can’t stand Gormek and keep feeding him away. The only 4* I’ve not even kept one copy of. Pathetic attack and just too… bulky. Don’t like the looks of him, don’t like how he plays. And there’s so many really good red 4*!

Grimm on the other hand is superb when on fourth tier. I’m gonna start a nursery for the little orphans, can’t have too many. Regret is my middle name having fed his brothers away previously on account of them being too soft (and what’s with the hair?).

Tibs is average Joe if there ever was one.

I wouldn’t beat myself up too much. Ultimately, it’s a game, so it’s important to do what is fun for you rather than to do the theoretically most correct thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Gormek is a useful hero. But there are many very useful heroes.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m allowing myself some indulgence :).

1 Like

Grimm, much like everyone else here, gets my vote.

My poor Gormek pretty much sits out and does nothing, even for some wars, mostly because I have a max+talents Wilbur who can knock out far more defense than Gormek could ever dream of. Also I have a ton of red 5*, so Gormek is likely to stay at 3/60 forever.

I’d love a Tibs, but I haven’t been lucky enough to pull even a one. Titans are one of the things I enjoy most about the game, and Tibs would help a ton on yellow titans. But, until that magical day comes, my 3/60 Cheshire Cat will have to do. I might give Cheshire Cat some trap tools if my prince never shows up, but we’ll see.

3 Likes

I think Cheshire Cat would still be better for yellow Titans owing to his special being fast, but Tibs is more versatile overall.

My next trap tools are allocated for Panther… sooooo… :woman_shrugging::grin:

I have been thinking about this topic a lot lately, due to a very interesting post I recently read, and an ascension decision with my own roster.

Best

I find the term ‘best’ difficult, as there are innumerable ways to interpret it. Does it mean who do I value the most on my roster, if I could add a maxed RP to what I already have? Or does it mean if you took all my RP and gave me one back, which would I choose? Or does it mean what I think the player base would choose if they all voted? Or does are we trying to construct some sort of hypothetical vacuum?

I think the way I prefer to interpret best for this question is: adding the most value to the team they are likely getting added to, at the TIME in the game they are likely to show up.

Common Knowledge: Grimm is the Best

I feel this has long been the broad forum consensus, and has manifested in this and many other threads. Then I came across a post by @AirHawk recently, where they said they favored Gormek. I feel I can’t find it exactly now, but basically the argument was, at the (advanced) point they are at in the game, Grimm will often die before firing. Gormek won’t.

Here’s they mention Gormek > Grimm for emblems, for their roster.

And you should read this thread entirely; there are several posts where AirHawk talks about Gormek’s superior survivability.

That second link I feel is not the one I remember reading, but I wasn’t able to find anything else in a reasonable timeframe. I guess AirHawk can chime in if they feel, or if I’m mis-representing what they said. The point is, I was surprised to see such an advanced player voice an opinion differing from the common consensus, which has led to me reflecting a lot on this topic.

Grimm

Pros: as has already been stated, he has the highest attack stat, good synergy with Kiril since they fire at the same time (and Frida, though since she’s less available I regard this as only a minor pro for him), and, as @Gryphonknight mentioned, he is excellent in his trials where you face all red bosses. Plus, you’re going to fight red tanks literally forever.

Cons: he dies more readily than the others, and that his talent is meh.

Overall, to me, that adds up to a very good hero with a broad range of use - he’ll be great for a very large portion of the game. Maybe forever, if @Kerridoc rolling out three for war is any indication.

Gormek

Pros: if you get him early enough in the game he is a really hard tank for your enemy to raid against (though I think the OP is already past this point). He has good synergy with the heroes he’s most likely to be paired with at multiple phases in the game. He and Boldtusk fire at the same time - much like the Kiril + Grimm pairing, that will likely produce a dead hero or three very vulnerable heroes. Later, he can pair with Falcon (I’m saying later because Falcon is harder to obtain), again at the same speed. And Falcon is easier to get than Frida, by a lot.

There’s a large part of the game where you will fight a ton of Kashhrek tanks, and Gormek will likely be a key part of that. I once joked that my hero chest should actually just be, ‘kill 8 Kashhreks.’

Cons: this isn’t actually talked about a lot, but he’s kind of a hindrance in war. His massive hit points means your team becomes worth an inflated number of points. If your team is in an alliance where you’re getting killed three times…well, that kind of stinks. Damage is subpar. Talent is subpar.

Without a doubt we are again looking at a very useful hero. Taking AirHawk’s comments into account, I wonder if Gormek could have a really interesting usage curve, like maybe a V shape.

Tiburtus

Pros: I think he may be the hero who has the most IRL look-alikes. Jon Snow, Lor Farquaad, Prince Humperdinck, etc. So that’s fun. Actually, I did this one last for two reasons: I don’t actually have Tiburtus, and my lack of first-hand experience makes me hesitant to voice too strong an opinion. But also, from everything I’ve read and seen, I do think it’s actually fair to regard him as the in-between version of Grimm and Gormek, from an attack and survivability standpoint. Lastly, as @Kerridoc points out, judging talents, he has a clear advantage over the other two RP.

Cons: taking into account who the RP trio will face at tank, I think Tiburtus is the least useful in the early / mid phase of the game. Grimm will get plenty of chances against mostly Boldtusk and Gormek tanks, and Gormek will get a lot of play against primarily Kashhrek, who it feels like is some absurdly high percentage of the tanks in platinum. I guess Tiburtus gets Li Xiu, but again…less common. I think it’s also worth noting that Tiburtus is the least useful on some of the map stages where a player may get gated - I’m referring here to the levels that have all purple ‘elite’ monsters.

Overall I don’t doubt Tiburtus is a solid hero. I’m uncertain about the usage curve and think he may be behind the other two in the early and mid game, though it’s clear there’ll be a spike at the emblem point.

Holy Ramming Pulverizer

There isn’t one, but if their stats were reasonable I think they’d clearly be the best of the quartet in the early to mid game. First, they’d crush the gating of the elite levels in Season 1. And the Dark Lord stage, for that matter. Second, the four star holy group is significantly weaker than the other elements. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say they’d immediately become the best holy option. Wu Kong is mostly for Titans. Jackal is hard to obtain and works best with another striker (the player is unlikely to have, say, Joon, or to have heavily leveled Joon). I feel like the Holy RP would be a regular for the map, and at least get their fair share in Titans, Raids, Wars, etc.

Unrelated, but I think that the lack of a Holy RP, and the general lackluster caliber of the Holy four star heroes is why some people decide to put Rigard (and even Sabina) at tank. There is a point in the game where I can see an argument being made for Rigard at tank over a generally superior option (Boril, Gormek, etc.), essentially gambling that it will be harder for your opponent to stack effectively against you.

10 Likes

Thanks @IvyTheTerrible, that was a great read :grinning:

As a f2p relying on TC20 - Tibs + Domitia or Sartana is a really good, and relatively easy to obtain, combo against Guin, Ontatel, Viv and Delilah

4 Likes

Thank you for reading the whole thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

You make a great point about Tiburtus’ value in a purple stack against the all too common high end yellow tanks. Hopefully I will one day obtain one (Boril has also long eluded me - I really struggle with the Trial of Fortitude)! I guess I consider raiding with / against five stars as end game. But you’re likely much further along than I am: perhaps you regard that as mid and something else as end.

As Wineybrit and I are in the same alliance I know that they are just shy of level 30 and just obtained their first five star (Anzogh). I really really hope they’re not encountering Guin yet!

1 Like

You are not wrong in interpreting my comments from other threads.

Depends on what you value in the pulverizing trio. I really don’t care much about their individual attacks stats. I have other heroes to do just that. Their biggest value is of course the pulverizing skill. And in order to fire the skill, they have to be able to live long enough to do it.

Gormek sucks in war defense for the fact he has high HP. But my main purpose is OFFENSE. I have recently replaced Grimm with Frida in my blue stack because Grimm dies too often. It is great if you are able to fire both as they synergize very well. But that is too optimistic. I prefer to play “if my board ain’t that great” style.

My conclusion stays the same. Gormek is better than Grimm in the current meta. No matter how great a skill is, one must survive long enough to launch it.

3 Likes