Mono team - for attack or defense

I want to build a mono team for war deployment . Which color is best to target and do I build a attack team or defense team?

Mono defenses are usually not terribly effective, as the other team can stack and destroy you.

As long as your heroes work well together, any color should be effective in mono offense.

5 Likes

I would personally not go for mono defense team, only attack team and mostly for titan attack.

If I see mono team in raids I always attack it. :smile:

5 Likes

Never, ever use mono defense!
It can be easily beaten by any color with the right heroes.
Mono offense can be very useful on titans and, why not, offense all around, with some luck of course.

1 Like

Oh, please make my day, use mono on defense!!! I love mono defenses!!! My favorites, I don’t even bother to look who they have there!!! In attack, as all other, mono depends heavily on the board you get. I personally consider it as a desperate last resort strategy against a much stronger enemy.

5 Likes

Mono defense never work. Never. Mono attack: depends on the board. I use it often in war, about 70% sucsessfull. Colour? Doenst matter. Good luck! :hugs::blush:

1 Like

Mono defense is a no no.

Mono attack I strongly recommend a healer, a defense down, an elemental defense down, high attack heroes and/or attack buffing hero.

Here are three teams I run with great success:

5 Likes

Thanks everybody. So a mono defense is a no no. On attack it might be a good strategy against strong teams. The colour for attack is less important. More important is to have a good divirsity of skills.

2 Likes

Don’t totally discount the colour required for attack though. If they have a strong tank, I go against that. IF the tank doesn’t scare me, I choose my mono team based on their strongest flank. IF they’ve doubled up on a colour (within limits - if they are doubled on the wings, I generally ignore that and concentrate on the tank and flanks).

Play around with your raid teams and you’ll soon figure out what works for you. Whenever I can take my Wilbur dream team, I’m a happy player :grin:

2 Likes

Mono teams are all about gem damage. That is where you get the benefit of stacking one colour on your team. There is no gem damage on defense so there is no advantage to a mono defense team. There is a big disadvantage though in that an attacker can stack the strong colour against you and wipe you out very quickly. Even with a bad board a mono defense will not inflict enough damage before the required colour gems show up, and as long as even one attacker is still alive the attack gets the full stack benefit. A strong mono attack team can kill a defender with 3 gems.

2 Likes

I tend to stack against the most dangerous defender. Tanks that do not hit back (Aegir, Kunchen, Healer tanks) are the best ones for mono teams as you can crash tiles into them to charge your specials. Typically these tanks have dangerous flanks like Gravemaker or Kage who will kill you quickly if you are throw tiles into them that aren’t your mono colour.

I tend to keep the non threatening tanks alive as a tactic to charge my heroes specials. For my mono game it is a combo of tiles AND special damage.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m not disagreeing with anyone but maybe I just see this differently. I’m about middle strength in our alliance during the wars. We don’t have the ability to have same color tanks for everyone just yet but we do have many with green tanks. So, my theory, is to run a mono team with Kashreck, Elkanen, Buddy *2 and Melandor. I expect to be stacked against, especially by red. If kash goes off or they don’t get the red tiles they need early, I have really good protection and should keep my middle three ok for a few turns. Also, I want to get our opponent to use up their red hero’s in the first round, hopefully benifiting us ing the second. I’ve played E&P for less than a year but I really enjoy the game. I’d love to know why this may still be a bad idea or if there’s any merrit to it. Great thread!!!

1 Like

Met a 3-2 holy dark def and decided to test an almost off color raid due to the upcoming rush raid tour.

Tough call, but worked.

3 Likes

It’s a bad idea. Kashrek is a healer tank with zero hit back. All green defence is going to get burned alive by 1 GM.

1 Like

Hello all

I’ve just joined the forum recently and am not too sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I would like to ask everyone what works best for titan attacks? For example I’m using a mono green team for a 4* Blue titan right now, but my scores are really low, like 14k or 20k without using Tornadoes (which I’ve run out of because I don’t have any more Orichalcum Nuggets to make anymore). My mono green team are: Tarlak 9 Emblems, Kingston 4 stripes lvl 46, Gregorian 4 stripes lvl 60, Little John 4 stripe lvl 70, Peters 4 stripe lvl 7. These are my strongest greens. Can anyone tell me where i’m going wrong with this mono green team for this Titan? Many thanks in advance.

I’m sure you’ll get some great advice here. In the meantime, I found an older thread with some tips that you may find helpful.

Thanks for your reply princess1. I think I’m doing something wrong with my mono lineups, hence my low scores. I’ll check it out your lead here. Cheers.

1 Like

I know from my own experience that it’s not enough to just throw 5 mono colours together. It takes some thought to make a team with good synergy.

2 Likes

Hi princess1. I totally agree with you. I’m still a rookie despite playing this for over 2 years now

1 Like

I hate raiding but I love mono. I just find for my one account that I do better with 3-2 for wars.

I’m going to start doing all my raids with mono and hope it balances out my love/hate.