Mono Red Defense

Looking for input as to best order for a MONO RED D-FENCE with these heroes.

Totally hypothetical

4 Likes

why not? if everyone does it, could be really funny

4 Likes

The only way being competitive with a mono red def is to have at least one Mitsy on flank.

I’d suggest
Gravey Mitsy Ares Mitsy Gravey

4-1 would probably work better.

Red tank, others green or yellow tank, others dark or blue tank, others red.

Especially holy/dark would work well like that imo.

5 Likes

I would do Wilbur, boldtusk, ares, falcon, scarlett

1 Like

I understand the rationale behind mono offense, but is that actually viable for defense?

Take a look of top players and their defences. Only reason to stack colour is that those particular heroes work extremely well together, not that they are same colour.

People often mistakenly believe that if it works for offence, same rules apply in defence too.

2 Likes

Panther - Vivica - Ursena - Poseidon - Seshat
Are this AW defense team OK?

2 Likes

With a very great blue team your defense will not last. There are very strong blue heroes

means 5 blue each flag, so 5x6 = 30 maxed blue heroes?

The problem is also troops defense not optimal.

2 Likes

For me a mono defence would only make sense with holy or dark, on red, blue or green the defender is always acting with the weaker colour.

1 Like

Worse yet—defense’s slash attack is colorless, so there’s no stacking benefit or anything from mono defense. I could see mono as even vaguely plausible if you’re using some interesting special ability that’s color specific against the color strong against it—e.g. Frida’s defense against green, or Mok-Arr’s extra damage against yellow. Otherwise, even a lackluster mono stack strong against your defense will easily run you over.

3 Likes

My teams aren’t even that good. I’m platinum raid tier, highest TP around 3600 (give or take, depending on which heroes I decide to use for that particular situation). Normally, teams above 4k TP make me a bit nervous. But if I went into a war, and their highest level player put a 4k+ mono red defense team on the board? :laughing::rofl::joy: Resets all day long.

2 Likes

So it seems to be the consensus that an entire alliance going mono defense for an alliance war would, hypothetically, not end well. I wonder if there is an alliance so foolish as to try it🤔

1 Like

If the entire team did it, my team would eventually run out of blue heroes. But it still probably wouldn’t work out in their favor overall.

1 Like

It’s a hypothetical no more. Guardians Reborn did it, full mono defense, and the opponent did too! THE GREAT MONO WAR. Much fun, highly recommended.

4 Likes

That’s just crazy!

I have seriously thought about a 3-2 Holy/Dark type defense since they are weak against each other. Anything else would be, frankly, hypothetically nuts.

1 Like

PS Congratulations on the mono win. I presume your opponent now needs lots of ASA substitutes.

1 Like

Well, that means both mono defense, so win lose is not a proof of this strategy is worth right?
PS: Congrat for the win. :tada::+1:

3 Likes

The great Mono color war was actually a lot of fun. Both teams hooked up on Line and shared comments and videos of the attacks. Guardians were mono red and VibeRaiders were mono purple. Made for some very interesting matchups. The VR guys were fun to hang out with too.

4 Likes

That’s cool that you were able to connect with your opponent and use the same strategy. Would definitely be fun if both teams did it.

So how did you decide which team used which color? Or did you both use the same color?

2 Likes