Monochrome Defense Team

Hi All,

I had an inspiration from this thread, where a player asking for a help had quite a nice roster of many types of heroes:

Has anyone ever tried a successful Monochrome Defense Team?

The options for monochrome are quite limited. All Green, Red and Blue have a strong color to which they are extremely weak and vulnerable. Different situation is with Yellow and Purple. The opposite color is extremely strong, but also extremely vulnerable! Twice damage they give, but twice damage they get. Also I believe there was a reason that Devs created Mok-Arr. Quite a nice base stone for a monochrome defense team.

So, I suggest this monochrome defense team:

Sartana - Rigard - Khiona - Mok-arr - Panther

To crack the defense of such team Iā€™d build this attacking team: Joon-WuKong-Drake-WuKong-Joon
(first WuKong with fast mana army, second with extra lives army, so they wonā€™t always activate the same round)

Iā€™d like to know your opinions on these topics:

1. What would be your choice of a monochrome defense team? (If any :slight_smile: )
  2. What would be your choice of a team to best crack such monochrome defense team?
  3. What is your prediction of a success of a monochrome defense team against a) normal usual attacking teams b) a specialized team to crack their defense?

Unfortunately, no one will be easily able to do such test it, but at least we can try to predict :slight_smile:

Thanks.
nes

This keeps me at about 2500 cups, and wins about 30% of the raids. If you can break Guin, the rest fold like a house of cards. Screenshot_20181112-190109_Empires

1 Like

Very interesting - do you consider that a ā€˜cup droppingā€™ strategy?

do you usually use something more rainbow?

For raid defense, monochrome defense seems like a cup-dropping strategy down to about high platinum/low diamond, the point where raiding rosters become large enough to start color stacking effectively. The defense almost always has nothing to gain from doing it (element link and Mok-Arr excluded), and itā€™s extremely vulnerable to attackers who stack the color the defense is weak against.

For alliance war defense, however, I can potentially see monochrome defense being a more extreme version of the ā€œeveryone uses the same tank colorā€ strategy, which is intended to exhaust the enemyā€™s supply of effective heroes.

2 Likes

No, I dont consider it cup dropping, I consider it cup-maintaining.

So I do it partly as a fun wonky team, partly for varied team revenges, partly because its the only color I can field 5x maxed 5* heros.

And I imagine its a bit fun for people to raid that kind of wonky gimmicky team too, because when I loose I usually loose 40-50 cups haha!

4 Likes

I wont consider this a cup dropping strategy. This seems more like a gambling strategy. The opponent would definitely stack purple but what if the purple tiles just dont come and even worse is having Guin as tank. You wont ever recover from a bad board like that and not with Joon and Drake in the flanks. This lineup can hold cups but the key component is having Guin as tank. Vivica and Delilah are just fillers.

1 Like

I was thinking along this lines, that a yellow monochrome is better because you have the Supreme Tank to build on. I would put the strikers on the wings, rather than flank. Slow heroes in the corner are easy to ignore.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll try it out and see if it makes a difference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let us know how it goes. Iā€™ve got almost the same set, but with Musashi instead of Drake.

2 Likes

Just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  on this @Kerridoc.

My 5xYellow defence is indeed terrible. Loose about 85-90% of the time. No matter the placement of heros.

It does give me plenty of revenges though haha!

2 Likes

Mono def is a bad ideaā€¦

2 Likes

I always take on monochrome defenses, and win most times. Donā€™t even bother looking at their composition, itā€™s irrelevantā€¦ the only thing that matters against a mono defense is the board you get, and it doesnā€™t even need to be a great one, decent will do perfect.