Margaret – New May 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

New HOTM RELEASED for May 2019: Margaret!

:bar_chart: Stats

Element Class Mana Speed
Nature/Green Rogue Very Fast
:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
821 648 1260

:no_entry_sign: Resists Dispels

The hero has an innate ability to resist dispels of buffs.

:dizzy: Special Skill: Hide in Shadows

• The caster and nearby allies have from +20% to +90% chance of dodging special attacks that do damage. The higher the damage from the special is, the higher the chance to dodge it. Each dodge gives a moderate amount of mana to the target. Effect lasts for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +46% defense against Fire for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Margaret from her last-seen beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Margaret?

This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Margaret.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Margaret and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Will she make you main team?

• Will you use her on Defense? Offense? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Will you give Margaret Rogue emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of her special?

• What do you think of her character design?

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Margaret’s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Margaret.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Margaret.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

8 Likes

Mmmmm she’s not inspiring me to withdraw my life savings and go chasing her lol

6 Likes

She looks like Evelyn’s mother.

11 Likes

Shouldn’t this green hotm be a guy? I thought they alternated genders (alby, zeline, greg, evelyn…) :thinking:

2 Likes

They do, and Anzogh in April was meant to be male. Thus, female now for May.

3 Likes

Devs are fond of Senior Citizen Warriors. She looks like this old lady from the streets of New York selling Hotdog. Probably related to Onatel.

6 Likes

I thought it was within the same element they alternated… (Athena, Perseus, alasie, aegir, Frida…ares, Natalya, gravemaker, zimkitha…musashi, Delilah, Drake, onatel, etc)

1 Like

Ah! No…it alternates each month. At least that’s the current system, and continues through August at least (that’s all that’s in beta so far).

2 Likes

Or MN her daughter!

I have not given it many taughts yet if I would like to receive her or not. But seeing the amount of pulls I can make I don’t have my hopes up yet :wink:

So my wife just did a pull and got the HOTM. I thought the special was pretty great. Especially with the Very Fast Mana gen. I think it’s really awesome giving everyone the chance to dodge and her attack stat will be amazing against Titans

10 Likes

27 out of every 100 won’t get her huh?..guess I was one of the lucky ones…took me 24 to get her Screenshot_20190501-021723_Empires

11 Likes

if she had healing powers too she be like mother north’s mama

4 Likes

I like her…

Crazy high attack stat, right? Anyone higher?

Special skill dodge chance plus emblems could potentially give her 100% Dodge v certain snipes?

6 Likes

In mho she likes like a great hero for strong titans especially blue titans. Imagine almost your whole team dodging the titans special over and over. I will try for her (and therefore probably not get her). :laughing::joy:

8 Likes

Hahahaha. Is this a joke? 2nd h.o.t.m on the bounce that is dreadful. I think the thing in her hand is one of them large party poppers that fire confetti. Celebrating everyone wasting money for a hero that will never make 1st team

5 Likes

I see her low def but with very fast mana and undispellable fire def buff she can be first serious green tank.

Btw @mogulemon you destroy me :joy:

5 Likes
  1. I’d argue that title goes to Yunan

2. She’s incredibly fragile with her stats, especially for a 5*. For the obvious comparison, she has the same Defense as Kashhrek, and only 1260 HP vs. Kashhrek’s higher 1321. A smart attacker just won’t stack Fire/Red, just like a smart attacker won’t stack Fire against Kashhrek — and Margaret will actually die far easier than Kashhrek, since she has both lower HP, and no healing.

For comparison, Yunan has 815 Defense and 1437 HP — so he’s roughly 20% tankier than Margaret, based on the 2 * Defense + HP rating method.

20 Likes

Right, I forgot about Yunan but I still want meet her in tank position

Me too! She’ll be an easy kill. :wink:

I had a very hard time keeping her alive on Offense in beta a lot of the time, though she can work on green stack teams.

7 Likes