Knights of Avalon - Beating the Final Bosses

Had 3 runs at legendary…finally took it down on the 3rd run, with Tib, Ares,wilbur,BT,Khiona. Had to carpet bomb them with bombs,dragon attacks and arrows while using time stops to stop them from going off…Focused on killing lOTL, then Guin. From there it was pretty home straight win.

I like how it is that even the top players with all their max 5* still don’t have it easy with the last stage. It sure does tells you something that SG is doing well to balance the game.

2 Likes

Completed lvl.15 Legendary today with - Boldtusk, Rigard, Onatel, Tiburtus and Proteus.

2 Likes

I’m guessing one could substitute Grimm if they don’t have Tibs, maybe put in Rigard or Sabina as sub for Kiril (I know Kiril would be better but I don’t have Kiril). Or use Mel instead of LJ? (sorry, theorycrafting here because most of my alliance mates don’t have all the heroes)

As for rare level 15: there is certainly more than one way to beat this one, but I played around with some of the different suggestions and found that it’s pretty easy to complete with 3 red / 2 green (preferably all level 50 if possible); axes and arrows on the final boss; “easiest” with 2 healers (Hawk or Belith, Belith is better for dispel), but also completely doable with only 1 healer and healing pots. (… and also doable with a decent rainbow setup, one of our lowest levels completed it with rainbow, but I’ve found it goes a lot faster with red/green and axes)

1 Like

@TGW I completed rare 15 with Azar, Gill-Ra +19, Mnesseus +19, Brienne +19, and Namahage +8. I also think that another composition for rare would be Chochin, Bauchan, Carver, Brienne, and Belith. Although if you stack the dark on 15 and can make your board stack some dark tiles under Guin, then you can defeat her then focus on LoTL.

1 Like

I definitely think there’s more than one way to finish this one. I haven’t put any emblems on my 3s nor do I have any 2* troops, but I found that Belith + Hawk + an additional green and two additional reds can get the job done easily. 5 each of axes and arrows take away most of the boss’s XP before a single tile is even matched. Tried it several times with a few different combinations, 9 times out of 10 it works every time :grin: (managed to finish the entire level in 4 minutes on my best)

1 Like

Our lowest level who managed to complete it used rainbow, I believe she used Hawk, Bane, Jahangir, Karil and Balthazar. If it can be done with those heroes, I think it can be done with any team.

Also helped an alliance mate finish his earlier; he didn’t have Belith… he was lacking in leveled greens, but actually managed to pull it off anyway with a Friar Tuck. (!) :laughing: I have to believe that if Friar Tuck can do it, anyone can.

2 Likes

It is always nice to have folks share their successes with other heroes. Not everyone has Wilbur or Proteus.

As a gamer you have to think outside of the “box” too. That is what makes this game a challenge. Even with Proteus or the “best” or “strongest” heroes, if you do not know “when” and “how” to use them you will NOT win. Empires and PATIENCE. Take your time, enjoy the ride. Congratulate yourself when you beat the last level in your own unique way! :relaxed:

1 Like

Bravo! Like those who like the challenge of using classic heroes. No Proteus, or Wilbur! Well done.

2 Likes

For rare I used Belith, Namahage, Azar, Balthazar and Melia. But when I faced Arthur alone, I replaced Azar with Hisan. I preferred 2 reds for last stage because you’ve seen in my videos, first one to be eliminated is LotL. She’s a healer and those minions are very annoying.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, taking out LotL first is a priority. I went with 3 reds on the final stage of rare, just to make sure I wouldn’t have to see any of those stupid swords. All the while singing, “ding dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead…”

3 Likes

@LadyAchilles, thank you so much for posting, I’d had six goes at finishing legendary trying several combos with Proteus and read yours and said, ok that’s the next combo to try, had bombs, mana, three time stops and tornados, had to revive twice and of course purple tiles were scarce but I did it, wasn’t pretty, had to revive twice and used everything I had but those 100 emblems are in my possession and Proteus the hero got all the wizard ones. :grin::partying_face::champagne::champagne::champagne:

3 Likes

@Wraith congrats glad you finished it! I too was happy to load Pro with my emblems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finished with Rigard, Santa, Proteus, Lianna and Onatel.

Did the first 14 stages with Buddy instead of Proteus, but it just wasn’t enough.

With Proteus everything went smoothly… sort of… well, had a hard time, but did not need to revive.

2 Likes

@Sernarok Did you have a 4 star crit troop on Proteus? Cause I know having some kind of troop whose major stat is defense helps his survivability by a lot.

I only have crit purple troops (been trying for a loooooong while for Mystic Mages unsuccessfully).

I think Rigard’s was at 9 and Proteus at 6 level.

But what helped me the most for my heroes survability was the minions.

First 14 stages I used Buddy, and fired his and Santa’s special as often as possible, only saving them when there was only 1 mob left at wave 2.

This meant 132/143 x3 extra hp per hero at the boss wave. Of course in this stage minions died quickly, but my Heroes didn’t.

Only used mana and healing potions and bomb attacks.

Edit: ahhh, did I mention Proteus was at 3/50 something??? Started leveling him up in a hurry just for stage 15 of legendary.

1 Like

@Sernarok Wow! You managed to do legendary with Proteus underlevelled! I applaud you! I just recently got the crit troop for ice element, and I put it on Grimm. Noticed a significant improvement in his survivability. I am trying to get mystic mages myself for both profiles.

2 Likes

I got all the way to level 15 on Rare. My 3* fully ascended and leveled team was Jahangir, GanJu, Greymane, Belith, Renfeld, but not that order. Renfeld with 5 emblems, the rest except Jahangir (who has no emblems) with 6 emblems.

I only have one Epic hero, Scarlett. But not allowed on the Rare level. Bomb attacks? bzzzzt Verboten! My cadre of one 4* and the rest 3* Troops. Can’t use them either. I’d been dumping every troop found or summoned into upgrades. So I did some grinding on the map to scrounge up a selection of 2* troops (except 1* red and still haven’t been given any new yellow)

The 14 levels weren’t too difficult. I had to keep crafting a ton of the basic healing potions (20 of them can go further than 5 better ones) basic mana and basic antidotes. 10 each vs 5. Also axe attacks. IIRc for about the first half of the stages I didn’t have to use any battle items. The boards were good with plenty of green for Belith. I did burn 75 gems a couple of times in the second half to finish off the bosses.

But 15? Forget it. I tried several times, wasted another 75 gems once. Green was practically nonexistent, or they’d dogpile Belith to take her out first thing. I tried hitting the bosses with all five axe attacks right away, which would knock their health down quite a bit.

But then every time, the one that casts the total invulnerability would do that and it would give me no green for Belith, or she’d be gone. Utterly fruitless pummeling until the invulnerability would run out (or if it’d give me green and Belith was still around to dispel) and I could get just one or two hits in before Mr. Invulnerable was recharged to cast it again. What made it worse was one of the bosses apparently had some continuous health recharge spell for the team so even when I did get them beat down around 50%, once they started tossing spells it was me defeated with the bosses back to full health.

If I’d had a full slate of fully leveled up 2* troops and at least one other hero with dispel like Belith the 15th stage may have been beatable with the limits on heroes, troops, and battle items.

What was really irritating, mainly because of the lack of creativity, was the monsters with reflection were ONLY BLUE. Jeeze, how about some variety? Make the reflection ones different color each wave. But nope, blue, every stage and almost every level.

I also tried the other two levels. Got to the 4th on the middle before hitting the wall. Just did the first stage on the highest. My “reward”? ONE summon token. I would’ve received the same just for doing the first Rare stage and no more, and saved a bunch of gems. That’s all I did on a couple others of these events for the same reward.

Make sure you use 5 bomb attacks from 10-15.
I used to be able to do all difficult levels 1-10. This time I only attempted Epic. I did one each of the other two for the summons token.
On legendary use dragon attacks. It halves their hp straightaway. Focus all your attacks on whomever is most dangerous heals/steals/counters first.
PROTEUS is very handy.

1 Like

@SpaceViking1971 It helps to space out the axes from time to time and the color reflection is with the event theme. I usually throw axes or bombs (depending on the difficulty) on the last turn to reset the debuff duration. For Avalon, stage 15 rare, on my main I stacked 2 green, 2 red, and one dark. I run no healers on my main as I only got the two three star vanilla healers in the past couple months so I am used to playing without them. My alt I ran Hawkmoon as I do not have Belith on that profile yet.

Aside from axes what items did you take?