Knights of Avalon - Beating the Final Bosses

FWIW:

IMHO, kill Arthur first. He’s the muscle. The other two screw with your mana but don’t do much else (a theme; I’m finding Black Knight, as cool as he is in concept, to be little more than an annoying meat shield for the others and next to useless on his own). I used Mnesseus x2, Hisan, Azar and Namahage in rare. Snipe and reload with mana pots. Brought axes as well for when I couldn’t fire.

Epic: Wilbur, BT, John, Caedmon, and Skittleskull. Have mana charged on all. Fire Wilbur and BT. Fire Caedmon at Arthur. Fire Skittleskull and John after. Mana gen for the bosses is nerfed and their attacks do like 10 damage after that. Reload and re-fire it. Dead is dead, especially once Arthur is out (Caedmon wipes him out fast as will a green tile stack). Kill lake next as she heals Guin, then kill Guin, who can’t do anything with Caedmon wiping her out.

Legendary: The plan right now is Wilbur, BT, John again, but adding Onatel for Skull and Seshat in the Caedmon spot.

If you don’t have Hel/Proteus but do have Onatel and John, almost the same thing. Onatel and John stacked is about 4 rounds of free tiles up the board with no retribution because they can’t generate mana. A little slower, but I just need completion and generally get a good score with it and don’t run the risk of losing (I bring timestops, mana potions, tornados, and antidotes for help; usually gets it done).

@J1mau I did it!! I took out Sumitomo and used Chao instead. I triple stacked the dark because while trying to take out LoTL, I ended up building up some good bunch of dark tiles on the right which was good, saved me a few mana pots to use on Proteus. Got Cyprian and Gill-Ra charged up thanks to said bunch of dark tiles. Belith bit it because of the same thing last time not effing paying attention to her health.

Guin was first defeated surprisingly. I thought all the tactical cuts I was putting into LoTL would have killed her first. Then soon after, LoTL was defeated then not long after Arthur was defeated. I almost sprang up out of my chair at the victory.

8 Likes

Thank you so much to everyone who shared their tips!!! I finally finished with everything gone but 15 points on Proteus!!! Team was Azlar, Scarlett, Proteus, Leonidas and Melendor. Brought arrows, medium & large Mana, & medium healing potions. As others suggested, kept charging Proteus to keep enemies from firing specials. The final key was eliminating Lady of the Lake first. Still, 15 points was too close for comfort…So glad to be finished!!!

4 Likes

@Joyful818 Congrats on the win! Did you have the 4 star crit troop or a 3 star defensive troop on Proteus?

1 Like

With two 3* I’d say it’s impressive :slight_smile: congrats!

1 Like

Chao was very useful for me in my run for Legendary-15 too. Congrats!

1 Like

@MD-DC If I had Leonidas maxed out, and was doing legendary, he would be there instead of Chao. Epic is my personal limit right now until I can get most of my 4 stars over 10 nodes.

@AngelOfDark666 I was doing it on epic difficulty. If I did that on legendary, I would have to have one awesome board. I am just happy I passed it right now and I am very happy I have Proteus.

2 Likes

As @Scarecrow mentioned, epic can be harder than legendary because of the absence of premium items :slight_smile:
I did legendary for my husband with Hawkmoon and without premium items, he did epic with the same team. It’s not easy to keep those 3* alive because of their lower stats…so it’s still very impressive :slight_smile: (and yes, he has Proteus, I think, without it wouldn’t be possible with 3*)

1 Like

@Aunty_Krauser thank you!!! 4* critical troop :relaxed:

1 Like

@AngelOfDark666 I made Gill-Ra as tanky as I could possibly get her. Since she is slow mana, it made more sense to go that route. Her debuff cleanse was very useful. I most likely will do the same with Belith once I get 35 more druid emblems to max out Brienne. With Gill-Ra, I am also needing those remaining 35 sorcerer emblems to max her out. Her, Brienne, and Mnesseus are all at node 19. I am hoping to score a second Proteus on my main and finally get one on my alt. Here is to hoping that will happen on this month’s Atlantis Summon. crosses fingers

1 Like

You may tell to your team mates, the rainbow team is the best and easiest way to complete last stage at epic. I just did it with 3534 TP under 7 minutes. Only with classics again. Of course, having Tiburtus helps a lot, for lowering defense.

4 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:
Good job!
Very happy for you :grin:

2 Likes

This was my rare team. I initially went mono blue but that was like at 2AM for me, and I didn’t realize until way too late that I had no way to kill Arthur. :joy::joy::joy::rofl:

I used Wharflord’s technique of carpet bomb and snipe with mana potions to nuke the bosses down after I’d burned through my axes and arrows. Not the best score, but good enough for me.

2 Likes

I can’t get past Guinevere on epic 15. Probably I lack sufficient leveled 4*

Items I use healing (500), mana, arrows and bombs
Any advice on tactics and who to bring? I would really like the completionaward, could really use the gloves and merlin would like his traptools somewhere in next few months

I just finished legendary with Seshat (4.77), Boldtusk (+7), Rigard (+11), Wilbur (+3) and Proteus (+9), using small health potions, small and medium mana, and 3 dragon attacks. The bombs helped but mana control really is the charm. Arthur is not so tough if he doesn’t have a chance to fire! Like a pp, was aiming at Lady originally but Guin went down first, no doubt due to the heavy purple stack. I didn’t remember to see how long it took - I got 77,075 points off it if that helps.

Will probably re-run some of the earlier levels in hopes of more chests, and possibly a finish in the top 100,000 (but not holding my breath for either).

1 Like

Indeed. And you have just one healer 4* and unfinished. One slow AoE and Wu. Maybe next month. You are probably new in this game, so first grow stronger.

1 Like

Finished stage 15 on Epic with:

Proteus 1, Proteus 2, Skittleskull, Melendor and Jack O’Hare. 3 Greens to get me through the mobs faster; Melendor to dispel just in case, and 2 Proteus to tag-team on mana control. I barely needed mana potions, I would fire on Proteus and keep the second in reserve. Mel and a handful of potions were enough for healing.

Finished stage 15 on Legendary with:

same team, but dropped Skittles for Seshat. Her added firepower was very helpful. Again, with 2 Proteus, the dispelling was just there as a back up.

1 Like

I beat them with mana pots and carpet bomb. I used Wilbur/Hansel/BT/Proteus/Scarlett. I met the bosses all specials charged, and diamonds ready to fire on the board. Used Pro to block all mana, and Han to specifically stop LadyLake while setting back up.

I was struggling on lvl 15 epic. Used this team and beat it easily. For legendary I subbed out kellie with 2.60 ares. Seem to be doing ok. Only on level 5.

2 Likes

Finished legendary earlier today with Poseidon +2, Sabina +19, Tiburtus +17, Boldtusk +12, and Onatel 3^70. I realize those are some non-classic heroes and may not help everyone, but I just thought I’d put my group out there.

2 Likes