Klaern – 5* Ice / Blue - July 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM Released for July 2022: Klaern

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Klaern, as well as your thoughts on him.

Klaern

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Sorcerer
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 825 832 1538
4/90 944 952 1760
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2022
Image Aether Power Description
mana-boost Mana Boost At the start of each battle, this Hero receives a small amount of mana over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Resist Mana Reduction
This hero has innate resistance against mana reduction.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Resist Special Skill Blocking
This hero has innate resistance against status ailments that block Special Skills.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Hailstorm
  • Deals 240% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 210 Water damage over 5 turns.The caster absorbs 25% of dealt Water damage as health.
  • Element Link gives all Ice allies +10% defense for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2022 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Klaern from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the July 2022 HOTM -- Klaern [Part of The Beta Beat V48]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Klaern ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Klaern.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Klaern and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Klaern worth summoning for?

• Would you use Klaern on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Klaern ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Klaern as an opponent?

• Would you give Klaern Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Klaern’s character design?

• If you Summoned Klaern and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Klaern, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Klaern when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Klaern, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Klaern (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Klaern), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

_Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Klaern (post release)

:question: Is Klaern worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Klaern would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Klaern’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Klaern compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Klaern’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Klaern’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Klaern worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Klaern is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Klaern is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Klaern worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Klaern then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

I really hope that SG will change him right before he appears in game, if not then he will be one of the worst HotMs ever.

21 Likes

I am not one to jump into these HotM arguments, especially prerelease, but given how even other new HotMs are lately this hero having that ability at slow mana is pretty poor. I get some people need a home for sorcerer emblems, but I can think of plenty of 4*’s that’s would far outperform this one.

I get HotMs are worse than events heroes, etc, but this seems a little worse than standard even for HotM.

That being said my roster isn’t great so I would probably max them … at least if they were any color other than blue where I am oddly stacked.

:beers:

6 Likes

Where would klearn be best used… In the soul exchange for someone else… Anyone else.

46 Likes

When would this guy be considered a good hero… Maybe season 2 and earlier… And even then… Not one of the better s2 options.

7 Likes

He seems like a hero in an initial season release where they needed one more so colors were even and stole some old suggested ability from a hero they never made and kind of through him in as filler. The power would be solid if it had the same DoT on a 3* or something. Given what 5’s do these days it’s pretty … “yikes”.

Maybe his arts cool?

:beers:

6 Likes

This hero is not bad really…for a 2017/2028 hotm. But he’s 2022 for goodness sakes, there has to be some standards when it comes to hotms.
The idea for him is to be positioned on the wings at war like a blue Morgan le fay so that he can keep firing and survive. If you have exeera, she can make him heal more with her own water damage. That’s basically it for this guy

9 Likes

Nice Soul Exchange fuel.
I was hoping at least for 300% dmg, this is so outdated hero.

5 Likes

I used 10 EHTs in Kalevala portal and phew, I only got Briennes, Banes and Oberons from it. I was so worried that I may get him.
@Homaclese sorry for tagging you just like that, but I really like your approach to heroes that are widely considered weak and useless. Do you have any thoughts about Klaern?

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting him to be released this way. Gotta be the worst HotM we’ve seen in a while. I wrote a fun post about him here: Klaern Empires and Puzzles HotM July 22 • OLD CYNIC

Thank you!

26 Likes

Thanks for the inclusion but sadly… I got nothing here :man_shrugging:

I mean the damage is pretty low (actually, super low) for a slow. If the self heal was to all I think that would have been enough for me to see his value but self heal is not very helfpul.

You could theoretically max 5 of them and take them against Alfrike tanks in rush war… :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

So he’s just really weak. I keep checking his card and trying to find something usefull in his special, but to no avail.

This is the best way to waste all of your telescopes. :sweat_smile:
If not Alfrike tank, then heroes on wings and flanks will kill them :stuck_out_tongue:

For just one passive he’s not worth any mats or feeders. My C.Lepus at fast/average mana deals 280%…

1 Like

Analysis of July 2022 HoTM Klaern with Test of his water-damage- self-heal special !

11 Likes

I think that he can’t benefit from Exeera/Vela’s water damage, because he’s water damage is different kind. @dansing showed that the icon of Klaern’s special is like water damage+health drain. I don’t know if they will stuck.

2 Likes

That buff should benefit from all water damage dealt. Maybe someone with exeera and klaern could test it out to see if it works

I’m with everyone else, with what’s going on in game either needs average speed or one of the above suggestions to special in line with up to date hotm standards

1 Like

Wow Wow Wow Wow what a joke.

2 Likes

Funny how they buff Chinese heroes and Goseck in one day then release this one 24h after. What a joke. Basically a four star that needs telescopes.

Balance updates they called :rofl::clown_face:

21 Likes

I’m not sure I can remember a hero of the month who is worse than Klaern- he’s completely broken, awful.

The only benefit I can think of pulling him is for the soul exchange!!

4 Likes