🔥 Ignazio – 5* Fire / Red from Contest of Elements

New Contest of Elements (Fire) hero is released: Ignazio

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ignazio, as well as your thoughts on Ignazio.

Ignazio

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 956 996 1995
4/90 1094 1140 2283
Origin Family
Contest of Elements Super Elemental
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Troop Strong Damage Modifier
This Passive Skill has two different functions based on if this character is in attack or in defense.

Passive Skill as attacking character:
This character’s Troops deal 100% more additional damage against weaker element.

Passive Skill as defending character:
This character receives 10% less additional damage from Troops of stronger element.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Pruifying Flame
  • Recovers 25% health for all allies.
  • Recovers additional 3% health per each Fire shield on the board, up to 55%.
  • All allies get +50% attack for 4 turns.
  • Cleanses status ailments rom all allies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Super Elemental Family

Super Elemental family makes Mono teams even stronger.
This hero enhances Fire element.

• One or more shields are enhanced to Power Gems each turn.
  • The amount is same as Fire heroes in the team. 5 Power Gems per element can be on board at the same time.

The Power Gem deal 20 damage to a random enemy each turn until it is matched. When Power Gems are matched , they deal 10 damage to a all enemies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Healing is increased to 25% from 20%, and the maximum healing is also increased to 55% from 50%.
  • The attack increase buff’s duration is increased to 4 turns from 3 turns, and now affects all allies and not just Fire.
  • He is now cleanses ailment from all allies instead of Fire only.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Contest of Elements (Fire) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ignazio ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ignazio.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ignazio and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ignazio worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ignazio on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ignazio ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ignazio as an opponent?

• Would you give Ignazio Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ignazio’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ignazio and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ignazio, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ignazio when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ignazio, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ignazio (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ignazio), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ignazio (post release)

:question: Is Ignazio worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ignazio would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Ignazio’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Immediate)
  • Attack Buffer
  • Cleanser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ignazio compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Ignazio’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Ignazio’s Base Stats?

Note this means Ignazio’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Ignazio worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ignazio is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Ignazio is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Ignazio worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Ignazio then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
1 Like

Another one of these super element portals to give a miss. Hopefully the next one has something decent

1 Like

Red healers are limited stock, but I still don’t know about this one. In most extreme case he’ll heal for 20% and will cleanse and give attack boost to himself only. Grazul does more at VF speed. To say nothing of Phenexa who is slower but has awesome passive, awesome family (or lack of family) bonus and her special is very versatile and very helpful. On the other hand I still like those passives and family bonuses. I hope he’ll get buff though, but seeing Zengar and that Super Blue Chick didn’t, well yeah.

Also Pruifying Flame? And Dual Laster Blades? Does SGG think that by making a typo in regular word they get super cool name for their special?

1 Like

I think this guy is more decent after his buff, if you have around 5 fire tiles on the board then he’s basically a fast Phenexa, but instead of ailment refresh and increased critical hits, he cleanses (which is always useful).

@PlayForFun can you please edit the hero card as it still says he only increases attack for fire allies.

3 Likes

I just got him, on my father’s birthday, who has the same name. Will definitely be a nice addition for green titans at the least.

14 Likes

Thx, I have missed that. I have updated this in the OP.

2 Likes

So he’s basically a red c rig with extra things going on?

Very nice and useful hero - unfortunately his summon percentage is soooo low

1 Like

Too bad the cleanse is the last special. If he cleaned first then did the other stuff, he would be perfect.

1 Like

Rhys is still better in almost all metrics but cleanse in red at fast is always welcome. Ignazio will be good for titans.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Season 5 passive (Tetisheri) dispells Stoneskin

Amazing offensive support hero. Fast, heals, and cleanse. Also adds attack bonus which is the cherry on top. The golden standard for any healer since game release. Long lasting.

4 Likes

Do we think he’s the second best red healer after Hathor then?

The buff into live game has really benefitted Ignazio and I would definitely put him as either first or second in terms of available red healers in the game.

In fact - the top ones for me are: Hathor; Ignazio; and Phenexa

don’t get me wrong, whilst there are plenty of alternative 5* red healers which can be used in alternative sitruations these three take the cake for their versatility.

3 Likes

Would place hathor + ignacio before phenexa because speed is soo important in todays meta playing against strong defs - even more with that 2lb bull$hiat

Unfortunately he is hidden behind those super wack quote of elemental summons and only the fattest and most careless whales can get him easily

But im sure sg wants to make money with him through covenant summons so dont go crazy in this elemental portal with those $hitty rates and all of those old heroes

1 Like

Which is why doxan is more rarer. Most likely this guy will show up in the covenant portal

1 Like

Yep i guess they kinda know nobody with right mind will do alot of summons so they refeature them in much more attractive covenant portal (xandrella jequn roz…)

He give attack boost to all allies not just for himself…

His comment was on his beta form before release (where his attack and cleanse were for fire allies only), as he was later buffed when the portal opened :slight_smile:

2 Likes