⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Fosco

This thread is for discussing whether Fosco is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Fosco. For that, please see: 🎭 Fosco - 4* Ice / Blue from Carnival of Gods

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Fosco is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Fosco is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Fosco is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet
0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Fosco is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Fosco ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a Ideas & Feature Requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Fosco thread.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Fosco seems like a c1.Mel. I but slow speed. Both HOT and dispel. I don’t see any reason someone would use Fosco in a non rush setting.

Average speed would go a long way.

Not enough to justify slow speed.

4 Likes

Wow I didn’t even realise this hero is slow. He’s a utility swiss army knife, but the blade is blunt.
Shame that the plague doctor is designed like this

3 Likes

I think if he were fast, one would say he’s good. If he were average, he’d be about right but still only marginally useful, like gobbler and less favored than captain of diamonds.

At slow… He just doesn’t work well because he fires after most of his teammates.

At very fast he’d be over powered, but not when everyone else is also at very fast.

The guy just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, this issue was raised in beta.
At slow speed this hero has nothing to offer.
Yes, in fast war he will definitely become a pest, but he is not a game changer.

At average mana speed he will become real valuable.

3 Likes

In short order when Alpha Aethers were released, I LB2’d Wang Yuanji and have never regretted it. Why? Despite being Slow and despite the generally limited use of her Fiend removal, she boosts health by 625. This is no small amount, especially for a 4* hero.

Fosco, despite having an additional effect of buff removal is still too weak at Slow. Regen of normal health doesn’t cut it at this speed.

So suggestions on fixing him:

• Remains Slow but instead of health regen, he provides an immediate 540 boosted health to all allies
  • Special remains unchanged, but his speed is bumped up to Fast
3 Likes

He should be at least fast for what he does. Very fast ideally

1 Like

At Very Fast, Fosco wouldn’t be broken. He’d be good but still not amazing. At Slow, this is an extremely underpowered hero

1 Like

I’m probably being redundant… But this is a premium portal… 5* are amazing, but 4* should be desirable and really effective in at least one thing.

1 Like

Definitely needs to be at fast speed if not very fast! Hes just not valuable at slow speed and is nothing more than a feeder. So can we get his sspeed changed or not?

Vote for buff. His speed to average or replace healing to booster at least.

Hes just not worth leveling at slow speed. Id say set him to fast and immediate 500 health boost to be effective.

But do they even pay attention to what we say? Been waiting on a buff for Klaern and several other heros thag have balance discussion. Come on and pay attention to your customers.

If u aint influencer aka big whale… they wont hear us

I’d fosco who’ll get a buff, it might be when the whole family gets one… Or…right before the portal is released.

The carnivals of gods event is coming up. Please help to review this hero. Change his speed from slow to average so it is usable. For a dispeller at slow speed and 540 HoT over 3 turns… this hero doesnt make sense at the moment at this current meta. Its a new 4* hero from a new event, please help to buff this hero

I have the hero and I don’t really need him to be buffed but he is such a crap, indeed

Buff please. Hes another dud in my roster.

1 Like

Just finished him. Reluctant to give emblems or LB. After reading all posts on him, doubt he will see much action.

Maybe good buff could be - if remaining slow:

• Destroys all minions from all enemies.
  • Dispels buffs from all enemies.
  • Does 160% damage to all. Damage increases with 20% per removed minion with a max of 340% (9 minions removed).
  • All allies regenerate 540 boosted HP over 3 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.

Alternatively, switch speed to average and add:

• Destroys all minions from all enemies.
  • Dispels buffs from all enemies.
  • Removes all fiends from all allies.
  • All allies regenerate 540 boosted HP over 3 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
4 Likes

I have Fortuna fosco and februus… And they just don’t pair well. Even the family bonus is only active at the beginning… Just… Inconsequential.

2 Likes