⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Chakkoszrot

This thread is for discussing whether Chakkoszrot is well-balanced, or whether you think she needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Chakkoszrot. For that, please see: Chakkoszrot – 5* Dark / Purple - August 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Chakkoszrot is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Chakkoszrot is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Chakkoszrot is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Chakkoszrot is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Chakkoszrot? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on her balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the main hero thread.

2 Likes

On one hand, I want the lizard buffed some. He is very niche and slow. On the other hand, I don’t want VF wars getting out of hand anymore than they already are. His buff prevention will be killer in VF wars with the good damage to all as a bonus.

I think he is good enough as is.

When compared to Bertilas special

I would prefer Chaks.

Less on the damage, but better passive and the buff block I think is better than the attk/def reversal. Neither elemental link is great, but I’d prefer Chaks for that too. Which is before you even consider the mana slow possibility…

And when compared to an S1?

It’s no contest.

We either object to power creep being too fast or we don’t. This is still a good, useable hero. Not a superhero, but not useless by any means

1 Like

Mixed on this hero.

Damage amount is good, hitting all heroes and with it being slow, that’s fair. Love the buff prevention, super useful on offense. The mana production change is awesome, but VERY limited. It was obviously an answer to the huge amounts of Odins we see on defense…but at slow he may not get a shot off with Odin firing twice. The elemental link is pretty weak, I guess it would work being paired with Kunchen and them both charged at the same time.

Overall if I pulled him this month, I would not be in a hurry to max.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Overall I think he’s a little weaker than average, but not broken enough to change him. I wouldn’t be super excited if I got him, but I’d definitely level him.

I think he’s one of those heroes that is useable day to day. Not amazing but not terrible.

But once we get to Rush wars I think this lizard gets hot. Suddenly firing him in 6 tiles makes that special look tasty. Pair him with a C.Rigard and another Purp in a 3-2 (or just go mono like I do :joy:) and that elemental link is tasty too.

For some the cost isn’t worth it for 2 rush wars and the odd tournament but I’m stacked with 5* now so niche ones get my interest

1 Like

Niche hero for VF format. Decent for that particular use case, meh elsewhere. Certainly not decent enough to warrant 6 tabards for me personally.

2 Likes

I think he should go to Average speed.
Maybe first become less on damage dealing (eg 150%) and then get Average speed in order of his special mana control to be of greater use. Or maybe lessen the mana debuff (eg -24% to all or the same -54% to only 3) but with Average speed. A mana control hero should be able to act before the middle of the battle and not to the end of it.

2 Likes

I got him in the pulls I did for Valhalla. Suffice it to say, Alfrike will be getting the Tabards between those two. For his damage and effect, slow speed is what kills him. Might be worth it if he was Average. He seems to be the perfect counter for Telly, but way way too late to the game for THAT to be useful.

1 Like

He is a hard counter for Odin and sif and I think Elizabeth too. Not a counter to bera but she essentially helps him out.

Teluria yes… and I have to say I’m almost seeing a resurgence of tellurias in non tank positions in low-mid diamond

Compare him with Malicna, who was not very well received in this forum. Compared tinhim Malicna is a super hero…:slight_smile:

If I will get him he wont get tabbards anytime soon.

1 Like

Malicna is mainly hampered by the uncertainty of her skill’s RNG, otherwise she’s pretty solid and that elemental link is very useful in a stack. Charizard is just… I dunno, can’t say I see a huge use for him outside of VF. (I don’t have Grimble)

1 Like

You all guys do not think
that ALL new heroes on challenge event this month are AUTOMATIC mana boost. So he will be hard vs that meta.

At slow speed he is a hard counter for the second wave of odin, by which time your team might already be dead.

With nothing against Sif’s riposte, he is at best a kamikaze counter against her.

Grimble . Chakky . C Mel . D 'Andre or Lord Loki (vs Sif) . Alfrike

Thats the team I plan to run, if I get him. Vs. Bera with Sif or Odin teams.

I don’t know about how he would work in other combinations but he will work quite nicely in this one, and will likely catch Odin/Sif’s first special. Sif is a tricky one, and I will use Lord Loki to copy Sif’s talent so that Chakky doesn’t die when he hits her (as dispelling her will take away the most devastating part of his special).

Do keep in mind however that vs Bera you can pretty quickly turn him into functionally fast, aside from any other mana boosting/generating you want to give him through other heroes.

1 Like

Ok, very good idea to use loki or your own sif to make him survive. But how is bera going to help him? If she dies, there is a direct mana reduction that he will ignore but that will not trigger his mana boost.

He gets mana boost after he receives a status ailment, like the one Bera’s minions give.

Overall, I think he’s in line with the HoTM’s during last year or so. Not overall a great hero, with a lot versatility, but has his niche where he can be very good. I have few really good purples to level, so mine will wait for me to reach the phase when these niche heros could become a priority. :slight_smile:

Luckily I don’t have that problem… I do have Hanna but I feel chakky will be more interesting/fun/powerful in his niche

1 Like

Having 20 tabards, I would gladly ascend this lizard. Seems very situational but still would be fine in war against some Odin team. Odin fires so much faster which is a problem though.

To be honest I think average with less damage would be more balanced in current meta.

2 Likes

My bad, I read mana ailment, instead of status ailment. He is not as bad as I thought.

2 Likes