đŸ•” Helo – S4 Hero – 3* Ice/ Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Helo!

:bar_chart: Stats

Helo

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star:
Rare
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Druid
A
Average
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55
+1 Costume
3/60
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Increase Buff Duration – Duration of the first 3 buffs this hero receives from Special Skills are increased by 1 turn.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Healthiest Catch
  • Recovers 32% health for all allies.
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 25 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Helo from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Helo?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Helo.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Helo and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Helo worth summoning for?

• Would you use Helo on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Helo?

• What heroes would you take when facing Helo as an opponent?

• Would you give Helo Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Helo’s special?

• What do you think of Helo’s character design?

• If you Summoned Helo and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Helo and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Helo when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Helo, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Helo (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Helo), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Rare Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 41% chance of summoning Helo.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 65 times out of 100, you’ll get Helo by pull 20
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Helo by pull 57
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Helo by pull 87

Putting that in Perspective

• 35 out of every 100 people won’t get Helo by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 350,000 of those players wouldn’t get Helo

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Helo by the 57th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 57 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Helo

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Helo (post release)

:question: Is Helo worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Helo compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Helo’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Helo’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer
  • Cleanser

0 voters

:question: Is Helo worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Helo is best used (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Helo will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Happy for a blue 3* healer, since %$#@& Christmas summons wouldn’t give me Frosty who kicked my butt in this week’s tourney btw :angry: but I got 3 Carols :roll_eyes: :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Love the artwork for this kid!

1 Like

Considering there is a grand total of one 3* cleanser so far (C-Tyrum), this guy is very welcome addition in my roster.

4 Likes

Gill-ra also cleanse but also purple color so now I am happy about Helo for tournaments like this one going live now

1 Like

I zoomed in on this guy and realized he is a mouse with a fish on his head

I thought the characters for S4 were lifted from fiction. If this is a pop culture reference, I don’t get it
 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

His people, the Eloi, are from H.G. Wells’s The Time Machine, but I don’t get the fish.

3 Likes

Ok I don’t think I ever read the Time Machine but google did not turn up any notion of Eloi being mouse people or a character named Helo

From a fan site “The Eloi are a happy people, who speak a simple language and are mainly interested in playfulness. They often play with flowers and other amusing items. Physically, they are shorter than humans, have blond hair, smooth skin, and are weaker than modern humans.”

I should imagine, then, that a fish on the head would be the height of amusement to such folk. I’ve no idea about the name; I don’t think they used names as such, although the Time Traveller may have named the girl he got friendly with. I could well be mixing up the story with one or another movie though - it’s been a while. And no, they wouldn’t have been mice. But then the Morlok wouldn’t have had extra arms either, if both were descended from humans. This isn’t supposed to be a copy of the story though, just a tribute to it, so we can expect a few liberties.

I’ve seen only that movie where humans destroyed the Moon by trying to dig under its surface with explosives and there Eloi were not mouse people either. Nor Morlocks had 4 arms. Though given the plot I am not sure that is the best reference.

1 Like

With Helo out, is Frosty now obsolete? A cleanse seems more broadly useful than Frosty’s minions.

Frosty heals for more. I suspect it’s going to be situational.

Both look to heal 32%

Oops. I must have his non macmxed heal stuck in my head.

Stats aren’t much different
 I still think it’s a bit situational, but agree that Helo has the general advantage.

Frosty would be better:

1. if there’s not many ailments on enemy team
  2. Paired with Rudolph (maybe)
  3. Against Vollermark (but Kvasir also works)

Frosty, despite loosing his healing, will also have some benefits in Bloody Battles also as the minions still provide Pseudo healing,.

Frosty is also a Rogue, so is valuable in Trials and that dodge is useful in Bloody Battles

Just pulled Helo with the Day 3 offer, and I’m not sure yet who I’d use in Rare Challenge Events. Frosty’s minions help clear mobs, but takes up time on the clock.

I am thankful for a cleanser healer, but I would be more thankful if it was either Holy or Dark healer

Frosty = ice/blue
Belith = green/nature
Hawkmoon = fire/red

A cleanser healer would fit with holy and dark heros aka Vivian and Rigard

2 Likes