Fungustine - 5* Nature / Green - Slime hero from Solstice Summon

New Slime hero is released: Fungustine

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Fungustine, as well as your thoughts on Fungustine.

Fungustine

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1110 1252 1986
4/90 1270 1432 2273
Origin Family
Solstice Summon Slime
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Slime Minion Upon Defeat
When the slime hero is defeated it summons Slime Mega Minions to nearby allies with 51% HP and 40% attack inherited from the defeated hero.
:hourglass: Ability: Slime Minion Split
If hero loses more than 25% of max health at once: Summon a Slime Mega Minion on itself with 51% HP and 40% attack.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Revitalizing Sludge
  • Boosts health of all allies by 1000. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • All allies get Sticky surface for 4 turns.
  • Sticky surface: Steals 1 random dispellable buff or Growth effect from the the character that deals damage through normal attacks and Special Skill. (Each hero with Sticky Surface can only steal one status effect buff or Growth effect per turn from normal attacks.)
  • All allies get +25% defense for 4 turns.
  • All allies are immune to buff dispels and relocations for 4 turns. (This immunity also includes this effect itself.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Slime Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Class is changed from Druid to Paladin
  • HP boosing is increased from 540 to 1000.
  • Defense Buff is decreased from 40% to 25%.
  • Defense Buff and Buff Displell immuniser skills order are swapped.
  • Passives are reworded and Mega minion HP and attack is now stated.
  • Family bonus is increased from +3% / +5% / +10% to +10% / +15% / +20% attack for summoned Mega Minions and Fiend.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on new Slime Hero - Fungustine [Part of The Beta Beat v68]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Fungustine ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Fungustine.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Fungustine and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Fungustine worth summoning for?

• Would you use Fungustine on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Fungustine ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Fungustine as an opponent?

• Would you give Fungustine Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Fungustine’s character design?

• If you Summoned Fungustine and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Fungustine, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Fungustine when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Fungustine, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Fungustine (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Fungustine), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Fungustine (post release)

:question: Is Fungustine worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Fungustine would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Fungustine’s Primary Purpose is?

• HP Booster (Immediate)
  • Growth / Buff Stealer
  • Buff Dispell and Relocation Immuniser
  • Defense Buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Fungustine compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Fungustine’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Fungustine’s Base Stats?

Note this means Fungustine’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Fungustine worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Fungustine is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Fungustine is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Fungustine worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Fungustine then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
1 Like

So a new Nerf candidate has been released . Let the whales begin.

7 Likes

So now the question i have on the mechanism is. If there is fungus on both defense and offense then both fungus fires, what happens to the slime. They can dispel or relocate. They just neutralise each other?

If it hasn’t been changed since the beta, then no buff stealing will happen because there will be dispel immunity on both sides.

She’s kinda cute… a Disney kinda cute …good lord they’re killing me with the cuteness :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Holy Fu………ngustine!!’

Got the HOTM too which I wanted as well.

15 Likes

Lol…congratulations!

2 Likes

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/pepperflame-5-fire-red-from-goblin-village/338860/117?u=talbane

The hero card now contains the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

3 Likes

I am going to say this now, for those of you who actively chase her. Reading her card, she inherently does too much at her mana speed, so if, like Garten (and so many others) she gets hit with a nerf DON’T BE SURPRISED! She’s clearly in the same realm as telluria and Garten and is being featured in the same fashion as Garten and Jove, who were eventually reworked for being too popular AND powerful. So spend to your hearts content, but don’t complain about a bait and switch when the pattern has existed for over 4 years.

16 Likes

Well first 10 pull and pulled this and 2 bonuses (2 hotm) i was hoping for Miki because i always wanted but ill certainly be expecting the nerf.

9 Likes

This is true. This hero is beyond OP as a healer.

Pull at your own risk, use her as much as you can. Zynga wont care about your riot after their pockets are full.

(Not being judgmental with anybody. Devs wants money, players wants power. That’s ok but the negativity from kinda obvious things is quite boring to read - sorry).

Good luck w/ your pulls, everyone.

7 Likes

This is true.

She will likely be nerfed in the future.

That being said, she is WAYYY better than Gunktus, the other new hero, because her Sticky Surface steals growth. Another attempt by ZG to counter their OP Goblins.

My guess, if a nerf were to come to her, it would reduce boosted health to 800, and reduce sticky surface to 3 turns. It should be reduced to two turns or something, imo, as normal attacks come through pretty often as it is, but whatever. I’m not pulling for her. I am a no-spend protester.

+25% defense for all allies is meh as it is because you generally want a higher % defense buff. They already reduced this out of the more favorable level of buffed defense, though, so it will likely not get hit again.

1 Like

And Starwalker is standing over here saying, “What am I? Chopped liver? You forgot I was featured this way too and then done dirty, just like them!”

And I say, " Yes Starwalker, after your nerf you are chopped liver."

And then Pophit walks over and taps you on the shoulder…

So yes. Everyone should absolutely expect a nerf somewhere down the line. It’s happened enough times now to be a well-established pattern.

1 Like

Besides the OP skills, this hero has 1795 defense at 4-90 +25.
Before troops

4 Likes

Why does the poll end at Over Powered? This Hero needs a new category of it’s own that is beyond over powered.

2 Likes

I warmly recommend to level up to 4/80 an wait at least 2 updates… :slight_smile:

And no one is talking about the MM this fungus can sprout when taking a massive damage or to flanks if it dies. This card is made to survive nuclear wars.

A Paladin class
Regen 70 hp per turn for 6 turns
Give a MM with 1000+ HP and insane damage to itself if it takes more than 500ish damage
Boosts 1000 HP
Steal one buff per turn for 4 turns for all
A reasonable defense up
Give a MM with 1000+ HP and insane damage to flanks if it manages to die after all this.

For sure. Plus, With these skills and stats she does not even need emblems and aethers, anyway :sweat_smile:

2 Likes