Gunktus - 5* Dark / Purple - Slime hero from Solstice Summon

New New Slime hero is released: Gunktus

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Gunktus, as well as your thoughts on Gunktus.

Gunktus

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Barbarian
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1214 1152 1909
4/90 1389 1318 2184
Origin Family
Solstice Summon Slime
Image Aether Power Description
rage Rage At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% attack, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Slime Minion Upon Defeat
When the slime hero is defeated it summons Slime Mega Minions to nearby allies with 51% HP and 40% attack inherited from the defeated hero.
:hourglass: Ability: Slime Minion Split
If hero loses more than 25% of max health at once: Summon a Slime Mega Minion on itself with 51% HP and 40% attack.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Blob of Fury
  • Deals 520% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The caster gets +45% attack, and a further +20% increase each time they hit during 3 turns.
  • Caster receives Slime Revive status effect for 3 turns. If the Caster is defeated while Slime Regen is active the caster will be reborn as a Slime with
    • 100% inherited health.
    • 50% attack.
    • 50% defense.
    • Special Skill: Slime Slap.
      • Deals 290% damage to the target.
    • This effect can’t be dispelled.

If the Slime is not defeated in 3 turns, it will be reborn as the character’s original form. Original character will inherit Slime’s health and mana.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Slime Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased from 1178 to 1126.
  • Defense is increased from 1009 to 1069.
  • Damage is decreased from 565% to 520%, and now it is dealt as a minor damage to nearby enemies too.
  • Slime damage is increased from 265% to 290%, and the skill is renamed from Backstab to Slime slap.
  • Passives are reworded and Mega minion HP and attack is now stated.
  • Slime Regen is renamed to Slime Revive.
  • Family bonus is increased from +3% / +5% / +10% to +10% / +15% / +20% attack for summoned Mega Minions and Fiend.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Slime Hero - Gunktus [Part of The Beta Beat v68]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Gunktus ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Gunktus.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Gunktus and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Gunktus worth summoning for?

• Would you use Gunktus on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Gunktus ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Gunktus as an opponent?

• Would you give Gunktus Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Gunktus’s character design?

• If you Summoned Gunktus and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Gunktus, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Gunktus when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Gunktus, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Gunktus (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Gunktus), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Gunktus (post release)

:question: Is Gunktus worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Gunktus would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Gunktus’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attack Buffer
  • Self Revive Buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Gunktus compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Gunktus’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Gunktus’s Base Stats?

Note this means Gunktus’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Gunktus worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Gunktus is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Gunktus is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Gunktus worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Gunktus then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Seems to do a lot at fast? Pretty sure I could find space for him

1 Like

Yeah right. Gonna waste any more money acquiring, leveling , limit breaking, master embleming another strong hero so you can nerf it. I have stronger words racing through my mind so use your imagination.

5 Likes

Now he deals minor damage to nearby Enemies too.And the Mega Minions have 51% HP and 40% Attack. Even if I will never have him, I find him to be an excellent versatile hero

The hero card contains all changes.
Polls are now enabled.

@PlayForFun Hi,Sorry,now the special of the Slime Is renamed from “Backstab” to “Slime Slap” and the normal skill deals 520% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby Enemies and not only to the target.Thank you!

1 Like

Thx, I have fixed this.

A post was split to a new topic: Slmie hero passive naming incosistency

Man this hero does so much at fast. Probability of him getting revived as original form is so high

8 Likes

I’m just learning about insanity and was wondering how insanity would interact with his revival.
If he turns insane would he give an enemy his revival buff?
Or maybe lord Loki just transforms into gunktus

Please join us in no spend room. We are trying to spread the exact words you are saying.

1 Like

It almost feels like this guy is much much stronger than the guys who just got nerfed. Doesn’t that seem fair? The good news is if we don’t stand together and send Zynga a message, he will get nerfed just as fast too. No one can argue that peperflame, as she was is stronger than this beast or the other new card.

2 Likes

passive of this heroes is just to much

probably around black Friday they will realise it and modified it

just to much

so if you hit it with damage more then 600
hero will receive mm with 1700 hp :exploding_head:

if you somehow manage to kill it
nearby allies receive megaminion with 1700hp
:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:
and in addition he revived him self all times

2 Likes

Hurry up and max him people i want to find him raids. i cant wait to face him.

1 Like

The more I read, the more I find this card hilariously powerful. I don’t think I can even kill him with whatever obsolete hero I got. For some miracle I dealt any damage more than 25%, he spawns MM. He’s dead, slime came out with 100% inherited health and mega minion to allies. That’s 2k plus HP on slime, forcing whole effort to kill that freaking slime. Can’t kill it in 3 round? He came back from the underworld, or in this case under the sink. Unkillable for me. Just being undead is already taxing enough, and he hits 3 still at FAST. FAST!

I can’t believe what I read, FAST!

And Boss Wolf is VERY SLOW.

He even manage to make Farrah or Hurricane look really silly.

I want what SG/Zynga and team is smoking, that is some strong substance.

3 Likes

I also think these passive skills from the two new heroes are really really strong. Wonder how I should be able to kill these guys (now even more because of the fact that Pepper, Pophit and so on don’t do as much damage as before). My strategy till now were big snipers, to take one enemy out after another but I guess this time is over since hitting the new heroes will instantly spawn a massive minion… :roll_eyes:

He will certainly be nerfed in a few months. He is actually too overpowered and quite immortal that’s just insane.

This new slim hero alone can finish alone an entire team

2 Likes

Honestly, Gunktus seems easy to manage and kill. I do not think he is worth pulling for. It’s more of a team nerf that he gives such weak mega minions on death. They only deal 40% damage on hit, unlike goblin mega minions who do ~260% dmg on hit. Plus, because they are mega minions, his allies cannot cast other more helpful minions on themselves. HOTM Neema’s minions are nearly as chunky and you can have three of them.

His revive buff can be dispelled. Dispell, make him dance, no more revive.