ℹ Frog Prince – 5* Nature/Green from Fables of Grimforest

New Fables of Grimforest hero is released: Frog Prince

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Frog Prince, as well as your thoughts on Frog Prince.

Frog Prince

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Fighter
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 990 1023 1689
4/90 1132 1170 1932
Origin Family
Challenge Festival Grimforest
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Royal Poisoner
  • Deals 230% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 1285 Poison damage over 5 turns. The caster receives a small amount of mana each time Poison damage is applied.
  • All enemies get -34% mana generation for 5 turns.
  • Allies share the damage this character would receive from Special Skill attacks and normal attacks for 5 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Grimforest Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 918 from 896.
  • Defense is decreased to 949 from 957.
  • Health is increased to 1567 from 1503.
  • Damage is icnreased to 180% from 150%.
  • Poison damage is increased to 1285 from 1250.
  • Mana generation is decreased to 24% from 54%, and it is now cleansable.
  • Aether Power is changed to Regen from Rage.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on new Fables of Grimforest Hero - Frog Prince [Part of The Beta Beat v59]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Frog Prince ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Frog Prince.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Frog Prince and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Frog Prince worth summoning for?

• Would you use Frog Prince on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Frog Prince ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Frog Prince as an opponent?

• Would you give Frog Prince Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Frog Prince’s character design?

• If you Summoned Frog Prince and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Frog Prince, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Frog Prince when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Frog Prince, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Frog Prince (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Frog Prince), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Frog Prince (post release)

:question: Is Frog Prince worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Frog Prince would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Frog Prince’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Mana Generation Debuffer
  • Incoming Damage Distributer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Frog Prince compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Frog Prince’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Frog Prince’s Base Stats?

Note this means Frog Prince’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Frog Prince worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Frog Prince is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Frog Prince is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Frog Prince worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Frog Prince then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
2 Likes

This one is so great. I’ll take 3 plz

2 Likes

Yeah, I would not be upset at all to land the Prince. Non cleansable mana reduction plus some damage and high poison damage? Sign me up

Definitely a nightmare in Rush

3 Likes

Released version is severely toned down. What made him awesome was the -54% uncleansable mana gen debuff which is merely -24% now and cleansable. On top of that his poison is reduced to 1,285. His damaged is buffed to 180% which is still nothing as slow.

2 Likes

But if he was released as that, everyone will cry foul. This change does weaken him a lot. But at least it was nerfed before release
The poison damage is still devastating, he immediately makes rayne obsolete

7 Likes

better be toned down now instead of getting nerfed in the future.
his poison is pretty much the same.

he is an ok hero in my opinion

reducing the mana generation AND making it dispellable wasn’t necessary. one was enough

5 Likes

I through they wanted to support changes towards green

Doesn’t matter that the damage and poison is increased, they are cleansable. They reduced the mana and now it is cleansable.
All to all, the new one will not change anything, I guess. I hope I can meet the prince and build some experience.

The only good thing is that they destroy heroes before release :pray:

Happy gaming

The hero card is updated with the changes. The polls are enabled.

2 Likes

1285 should be 1730

And “This effect…” should be taken away.

Ok, fixed.

At 4/80 it is 1285. So it was correct.

3 Likes

Crappy hero imho, not worth chasing based on the released version. Overall this event is a total meh, with possible nerf for Hippo over the horizon.

2 Likes

I just got this guy from my 2nd free pull

6 Likes

Skill is called ‘royal poisoner’ not ‘royal prisoner’

1 Like

Whoa, they changed him quite a bit. He still looks decent but not sure if worth a chase. Maybe a few pulls. I don’t have a legendary shared damage hero, so that would be nee

Thx, I have fixed this too.

2 Likes

I definitely agree that it’s amazing that they’ve started to go down the “nerf before release”-route way more. And I do agree that a nerf was appropriate. But not THAT much. He’s pretty weak now, and he wasn’t that amazing to begin with - even in rush. There’s so many better options for rush, and with all the taunting that defines the rush-scene, he would do very little.

But in the end I’d rather have them nerf the hero too much as per release like this than buffing too much or nerfing too little. So I’m very glad about this outcome. I just think that the nerf was excessive.

3 Likes

For me this hero feels like the modern Costumed Yunan :frowning:

The slow speed is a bummer. Ofc people will argue about rush tourney and wars, but still with the current meta I am not swayed by slow heroes easily.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, he’s a new hero. He will definitely get a buff soon if his statistics on the raid scene is not good

1 Like

Agree that the trend is good that they nerf before release. Maybe they need to find the balance and don’t go too far. We had recently Ultrox that was nerfed too much and and now the frog.

Some of the properties should have been uncleansable. It takes for ever too fire the prince and nothing can last. Big numbers looks only impressive on paper, e.g. a lot of poison but there are too many way (and heroes) to prevent or get rid of.

So let’s hope SG continue to balance before release but not nerfing to this level.

I guess most players will try their luck for G Hippo and maybe get this one or the cat.

Happy gaming

1 Like