F2P Team Construction/Emblem Usage Help

Hello all! Lvl 23 player here, stuck on S1:21 tryong to take the watchtower. All the teams i get matched up with have more power and seem to have used many emblems. Im hoping that the emblems will put my over the top?

So two questions: from my existing roster, what do you think my best team is?

Second, should i be using emblems and how? Ive read several posters say dont waste them on level 3 heroes.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Will you share a picture of the team you’re facing? The best team to take on a raid could change based on the defense.

As for your roster itself, Treevil is one of the few non Season 1 heroes you have and he’s quite useful throughout the game.

4 Likes

All of Season 1 can be completed by Season 1 heroes without emblems of any sort. Although, it would be better for you to train up more 3* heroes first, and choose a team based on your opponents. It may be good to stack more than one of the colour strong against the tank of the opponents. E.g., if your opponent’s tank (centre hero) is Boril, then it would be helpful to have 2 or 3 Green heroes (in your case, Belith, Brienne, Hisan), and avoid Red.

1 Like

That’s a very good question. I recall struggling for a while too and would autofarm a lot before finishing S1. Which teams are you facing? - that can help knowing, in terms of advicing how to deal with it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here is the team holding the watchtower in S1 along with my base rainbow team. Appreciate it all!

1 Like

First: don’t attack with rainbow team. It takes too long to charge all your heroes and tile damage is weak.
The main problem here is Boril on tank, so you need a dispeller (Belith) and stacked green to increase tile damage (from your roster - i think Brienne & Hisan, unfortunately Brienne is the same class as Belith, so they will compete for emblems).
Then you need some way to stop the rest from killing your team - here you have a choice of Treevil (attack and def down + mana slow - but needs lots of tiles to charge), Azar & Chao - mana down, Bane - blind.

3 Likes

His opponent is the Chao tank though. Stack Purple against Chao, with Treevil, Balthazar, and Prisca, and maybe Gato and Belith. Colen may work in place of Gato.

2 Likes

going against this

i would pick fast heroes from your roster; emphasis on mana control chao and azar + balthazar, bane, hisan

kill them in this order: tiburtus, chao, gaillard, kelile, belith

from 2, 3 tries you should be good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Killed them first shot with Kianx lineup, thank you! I was going to try @BoolzSan_CrewKNIGHTS next if that didnt work.

Can you guys give me any GENERAL attacks strategy? Is it kill the tank first, or the healer? @Kianx seemed focused on Tank Chao, @BoolzSan_CrewKNIGHTS seemed focused on Tiburtus.

2 Likes

depends on the formation (in raids you can have no tanks)
i tend to go after biggest threat first; and it’s a good practice for war attacks

for tower defense, tank can be targeted with tiles (stacking strong color against it) and biggest threat with specials, after

in time, you will develop your own way/style of raiding; which is the most fun for you :slight_smile: i’m glad you’re enjoying the game as it is ment :slight_smile:

these posts have links to guides which will help up:

2 Likes

Blockquote

Im going to check out those posts, thank you.

Is there a separate strategy for the stages? As I have progressed in S1, monsters get harder, but my team isnt. I think I need to start using some emblems

1 Like

For map progression I’d strongly suggesting maxing out Belith and Treevil whenever possible (dedicate emblems and limit breaks to them as you receive them).

Belith is your only healer for now so she’s a must, and treevil has an OP special skill, which you can save for the boss level of each stage; he is also your tank for everything defensively.

At this point I’d use boril, Chao and colen (try and make sure all specials are ready to fire at the same time on boss stage, with treevil going first).

2 Likes

As you progress through the S1 map, you will eventually pull and level up more 4* heroes, and maybe some 5* heroes. They will be more than capable of surviving the stronger monsters. Save the emblems for good 4* heroes, such as the healers (Boldtusk, Kiril, Melendor, Rigard, Sabina). You will find that outside of 3* Raid Tournaments and tiered-progression Challenge Events, the 3* heroes will not find that much use when you are further into the game, whereas the core 4* heroes will still find a lot of use even when you have many more 5* heroes.

1 Like

For more beginners, you will encounter a hero in centre of the V-formation, that is the tank. Because of the positioning of the V-formation, the hero you will normally have to defeat first is the tank, and bringing heroes of the colour strong against this tank means you can kill them off first before they can fire their special skill too many times (and also allowing their team mates to fire off their own respective special skills). Once you kill off the tank, you have some space in the centre of the board to ghost tiles to gain mana more quickly for your own heroes.

Once you are more advanced, especially when you do Raids, you will find your opponents in other formations, where there is no one obvious tank (as in the reverse V-formation, or the W-formation). Then it becomes harder to specifically colour-stack against the opponent.

I would say, at the early stages, the general attack strategy is to get rid of the tank first. Later, you may encounter certain opponent match-ups where other more dangerous heroes are hiding in the wings (for example, resurrectors such as Mother North), where you will need to get rid of them early to prevent dragging out the fight (which you may then lose).

1 Like

Ive since pulled Rigard and Boldtusk(which im leveling). Im holding off on leveling Rigard because Im still working on leveling Treevil.

I have also figured out the timing of the specials and actually try to load them by severely weaking the last opponent on each round while ghosting the rest of the team.

Is Belith worth emblems if I have those other two healers now, or do I hold out while I level them?

Thank you. To get rid of those tanks (which have been a problem for me), how many heroes do you suggest I dedicate to the opposing colors, 2 or 3?

You can play around, especially if you are already raiding. You can compare the efficacy of rainbow (1 of each colour) versus stacking (in 4-1, 3-2, 3-1-1, or 2-2-1 combinations).

Some players swear by mono (i.e., 5 of the same colour). But I normally play with 4-1 or 3-2, sometimes 3-1-1 combinations. It depends on your heroes and your opponents as well.

I have to keep my healer(Belith) but can probably do 3-1-1. I like to try to use Treevil, but sometimes its hard to keep him alive long enough to use his special, so I often swap him our for Balthazar. Hopefully once I LB and Emblem Treevil, he will be able to hold out longer.

I might suggest checking out what the opposing tank’s defensive strength is, then stack your opposing color heroes so that their accumulated attack stats, at minimum, double this number.

This may affect the number of opposing colors you stack. With high attack heroes, you may only need two. Lower-strength attack heroes might require three (or more).

This approach is just based on tile damage obviously, and doesn’t take into account team synergy.

1 Like

Yes, Belith besides being a healer is also a dispeller, and this skill is very needed when you are facing opponent with riposte or taunt. I think only other 3* dispeller is Mnesseus from S2. On 4* level similar skills have Sabina and Melendor.

1 Like