🧪 Early information on the August 2022 HOTM -- Tahir [Part of The Beta Beat V49]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the August 2022 HOTM, Tahir

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Tahir Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

:warning: These attiributes are after limit breaking at level 85

Power: 858

Attack: 852 (952 with emblems)
Defense: 794 (889 with emblems)
HP: 1520 (1637 with emblems)

Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Class: Ranger
Family: Legends 2022

Innate Ability: Heath Recovery on Status Ailment Received
This character recover 50 HP when they receive a status ailment or a negative stack .

Innate Resistance: Resist Bleed Damage
Ths character has innate resistance against Bleed.

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Hunter’s Mark

• Deals 350% damage to the target.
  • Deals 525% damage if the target has status ailments or negative stacks.
  • If the target still alive, the nearby enemies get 336 Bleed damage for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies immunity to new Fiends for 4 turns.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

10 Likes

Well, this one is like a reverse Nemo actually. Pretty awesome if she is launched like that. Very nice special !

7 Likes

Makes Nemo look even more useless. The damage the right way round plus a big bleed

11 Likes

Welp, looks like I know when I’ll be doing my first batch of S5 summons!

3 Likes

This is an interesting elemental link. Could be very helpful for those who don’t have fiend coutnering options. I’m wondering if 4 turns is long enough.

Otherwise Tahir reminds me of Nemo, except I’d much rather have Tahir as @kilted points out.

8 Likes

Only once thing what I have noticed in this description of the Elemental Link.
There is no mentioning of that it can not be dispelled.

I am not sure if this is just a missing text or it is dispellable, and if it is dispellable, then it is intended or not.

5 Likes

Don’t say good things about a good HOTM too loud or they will nerf him like they did to the useless Elradir.

5 Likes

Yup and of course Nemo was the only S4 5* I got :rofl:

2 Likes

Damn. he makes nemo look pathetic!

6 Likes

When you can, can you ask SGG ?

Cos this EL will be awesome in 2023 as part of FB.

1 Like

Yes, I will ask it later today once all Beta topics are up and running as Staff’s working hours are ended today. So they will not answer before tomorrow anyway.

2 Likes

I think Nemo has a stronger special hit, but no bad of a hero.

don’t like how the stats are those of LB heroes. Also, i believe that attack stat can go towards 980s, since Ranger class do give more attack.

1 Like

Great hero to pair with Gravemaker.

Nemo its pathetic and without this hero.

Correct, if we take all the attack nodes for the ranger tree (7, totaling +105 attack) and the 3% attack node (being 25 for this hero, considering the limit break stats), we get a total of +130 attack, with a final result of 982 attack, 853 defense (2 nodes and the %def (23) ) and 1637 HP (2 nodes and the %hp (45) ).

Or Emilio. And Onyx/Ruby/Topaz/Peridot are even better, as after their first charge follow-up with Tahir is almost guaranteed kill.

Otherwise great hero and something Nemo should’ve been. Hope she stays this way.

1 Like

FINALLY a user for Nadezha’s first charge. Burn them up in 5 tiles, then 525 damage to kill one off.

1 Like

Same here! I was this close to feeding him away until Soul Exchange came along. When there’s something interesting for me I will gladly put give him away, utter joke!

1 Like

A Fire Hero! Yes, please, sign me up! :fire: I’ll take everything over my S1 Marjana at this point. :pray:

Counts in my head…

Darnit. Is August a month where we will have a Costume Chamber or not? It´s not, right? I saved up all my summons for a while, and was thinking to do them this month, but I´m so desperate for especially a Dark or Fire hero. The odds are so low though, just a few HotMs made it into my collection, but I can dream. :cloud:

7 Likes