🧪 The Beta Beat (V49) – Legends of Kalevala, Challeng Festival Event, Bard Heroes, Season 3 costumes, 2022 August and September HoTMs-- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Summon Portal update:

Legends of Kalevala

2022 August Hero of the Month

2022 September Hero of the Month

Balance updates for Kalø

New Challenge Festival event (for Villains, Starfall and Slayer events)

Valhalla hero costumes

Master Trainers

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

Styx heroes

Zynga store

Season 5 Heroes

New Season 2 heroes

2022 June Hero of the Month (Arfanias)

2022 July Hero of the Month (Klaern)

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any further insight into the future V48 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V49 Beta Testing Cycle

May 11, 2022

Legends of Kalevala event and heroes are arrived.
August, September HoTMs are arrived

May 19, 2022

New Challenge Festival event and heroes are arrived.
Season 3 costumes are arrived

May 30, 2022

Kalevala event, hero and family bonus balance change.
Valhalla costume balance change.
Round 2 of Season 5 heroes.

23 Likes

Thank you in advance!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

Legends of Kalevala will be a new Seasonal event with 6 Legendary, 2-2 Epic and Rare heroes.
I will start adding the topics about this soon.

New Heroes of the Month

• Tahir
  • Grace
    Topics will be added soon for these.

Other change:

Summon Preview Update

• In preview displays, Heroes will now be shown as fully leveled, Limit Broken (if the player has reached Level 10), and fully Emblemed (if the player has reached Level 15)
    • For consistency, Heroes will always have taken the Talent Nodes on the left
18 Likes

thanks play, I am interested to see what is this event about

2 Likes

So we still don’t have any information on changes for Kingdom Heroes and Sand Empire Heroes. Perhaps won’t be tested in beta?

So, no info on Playing for the Planet either?

2 Likes

28 posts were merged into an existing topic: Early information about Summon Preview Update + Poll [Part of The Beta Beat V49]

Stop with the heroes. I just want my brain to catch up with what I’m seeing on defense.

12 Likes

No information on this :frowning:

As this is different event, which is a Seasonal so it can not be in the same time as Sand Empire.

Maybe this Playing the planet will arrive next Monday, but that’s just a guess.

I am just updating the Beta application once I know it looks like I will you know, but yes I will share what is the common feedback about it.

5 Likes

I think these will directly go to the live game. Staff sadly recenty didn’t used Beta testers for testing Balance changes :frowning:

Will that kalavela subtitute one of seasonal event ? Or we will have 5 seasonal event ?

Just in case anyone is curious about Kalevala:

19 Likes

I have added this topic for you:

@Dudeious.Maximus If you want you can move the discussion about this from the current topic to the above one.

4 Likes

2022 August HoTM topic is ready:

2022 September HoTM topic is also ready:

8 Likes

Thank you so much for all your hard work with these topics. :100:

4 Likes

will this nee Seasonal event take over Morlovia? or will it be more of a July/August event?

as always, a big thank you @PlayForFun for keeping us informed!!

3 Likes

I think we will still have Morlovia.
I would expect this soon in this Summer as Staff doesn’t puts content into Beta too early before it released.

1 question came up as this seasonal event have 6 legendary heroes will the other 4 seasonal event have 6 too ?
They have 3 right now except in Christmas with 4 as Mr Pengi added last year.

Side note:
The hero topic is added:

I will add the event topic on Thursday.
Sneak peek: it will give you Farsight telescope at the end of the hardest tier, and it gives similar loot as others for 20 stages / difficulty.

9 Likes

Maybe a July/August timeframe for this event is why Sand Empire was moved from June/July to May/June this year?

You read my mind. the first thing I did when I saw the new hero names was to look up Finnish mythology and peruse information about it. It seems very apropos as SGG is from Finland so should be very familiar with these stories and characters. It looks to be a very rich mythos with these 10 heroes barely scratching the surface of all the potential ones out there. Looking forward to seeing how this develops. There are so many stories and characters it almost seems like Season 6 might have been a better fit for these. Thanks for your efforts.

2 Likes