🎃 Edwin - 5* Nature / Green from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero is released: Edwin

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Edwin, as well as your thoughts on Edwin.

Edwin

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 994 959 1824
4/90 1137 1097 2087
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Hemlock Tea
  • Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • The attack bypasses defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.
  • The enemies can’t get their other status effects cleansed from Special Skills for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 891 to 922.
  • Defense is decreased from 924 to 889.
  • Health is decreased from 1699 to 1693.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of New Return to Morlovia Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v60]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Edwin ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Edwin.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Edwin and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Edwin worth summoning for?

• Would you use Edwin on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Edwin ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Edwin as an opponent?

• Would you give Edwin Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Edwin’s character design?

• If you Summoned Edwin and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Edwin, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Edwin when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Edwin, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Edwin (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Edwin), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Edwin (post release)

:question: Is Edwin worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Edwin would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Edwin’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Cleanse Immuniser (For other status effects)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Edwin compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Edwin’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Edwin’s Base Stats?

Note this means Edwin’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Edwin worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Edwin is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Edwin is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Edwin worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Edwin then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Looks interesting on paper and at first sight this guy was my fav but at these odds and not featured … slim chances with only 34 saved EHT…

5 Likes

Edwin and Alucard, i only want those two, but considering i only have 3 EHT’s atm, i have no hope getting either :rofl:

Green Sobek & have a lot of success using Sobby & his bypass with all the buffs about today.

3 Likes

The hero is arrived only with stats changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

Speaking of which, I got lucky and pulled him with my only 3 EHT :rofl: He reminds me of Archie (hit 250% to all at fast) but blended with Sobek’s bypass. I do have Sha Wujing next in line though so don’t think he gets any attention right now.

17 Likes

I had three EHT too, but i got nothing! :rofl:

Congrats. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No, he is featured. At first he looks quite comically drawn and I dislike such artworks. But the more I look at it, the more he actually looked really good. That facial expression really made him stand out and gave him this unique personality. Easily my favourite out of the three newcomers

6 Likes

Saving my 9 ehts for Oct for the hotm.

2 Likes

How do you think he compares to Archie? His better stats means he’ll cause more damage but Archie’s buff blocker–with consequential damage-- seems more useful than his cleanse blocking without damage.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why his is a status effect and not just an effect to apply to all existing ailments though. It’s just an extra annoyance to time these ailments back to back

Lucky to pull this guy on my 2nd EHT. He will pair well with my ailments team together with Matilda.

11 Likes

Archie is still better utility wise. Edwin I find is used to combo with DOT casters on offence. A regular ailment being cleansed is like whatever, not a big deal anyways. But DOTs are more important to not be cleansed. He’d be great paired with lady locke, even though I prefer him to just cast that effect to existing ailments and not have it be an additional effect
Although I do like him as a nice fast counter against priority cleanse enemies. Him and archie can block heroes like lidenbrock and furdinand. And Furdinand can finally get a taste of some buff inhibition :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

That’s a good question, I do think Archie is probably a tad better just cause his utility is slightly more useful (I love El Nadahha but he affects all heroes). But it’s hard to tell without testing him, and maybe his bypassing counterattack will give him the edge :thinking:

1 Like

Got him EHT # 18 …:grin:

Wasted the rest trying for Amber, I know they did a snippet to her but I liked her anyway…but alas no luck…saving up for Xmas now!

14 Likes

I am pretty stunned. I had only 2 EHTs and usually pull not expecting anything. Edwin came with the 1st EHT and sounds pretty good

14 Likes

I hate what they’ve done to the look of the Morlovia characters. They used to present as really cool.

5 Likes

I Got a dupe Marjana, dupe Kadilen this guy and the rest were 4 and 3 star dupes. I’m happy.

7 Likes

I wrote a post about Edwin for those interested:

Thank you!

24 Likes